Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spider-Man: No Way Home *spoilers from post 185*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like there will be a new trailer shown at a fan event in LA on Tuesday. Wonder if it will be released to the public too seeing as there have been leaks this week

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New trailer tomorrow, poster updated. Guessing a final poster will be released with the trailer showing EVERYONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,802 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Happy Hogan arrange Matt Murdock Daredevil ( Charlie Cox ) for Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reading that they wanted to make major reshoots for this however they didn't have time and they have been doing reshoots to Dr. Strange 2

• Registered Users Posts: 84,802 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My spoiler above is about a cameo guest role question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That would be interesting considering who played Foggy Nelson in the Affleck film.

My ignore list gets bigger by the day with posters who just seem to can't use spoilers or just them without contect or just quote spoilers and basicly say what the spoiler is about.

So going off this tweet, I'm guessing the trailer releases at 1:30am here

• Registered Users Posts: 37,710 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

New trailer

Fucking wow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Viewer discretion is advised!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

****, i knew i shouldn't have watched that but I'm weak. Looks epic but they showed a lot, really hope they're holding enough back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Everything I've seen of Cumberbatch so far in this looks like he's sleepwalking through it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Whoah; definitely revealing a lot - but then to be fair, the rumours had been swirling for so long, while Marvel's own posters clearly show some of the "surprise" visitors; at this stage it's just confirming what half the fandom already knew. TBH my real surprise is just how much Ock is apparently in this.

I've never bought into Cumberbatch as Strange; either in his own film or the others he pops up in. But then like other parts, it's the accent that kills it for me. He has this phoney, mid-Atlantic twang that makes his performance appear more affected and fake when he's playing an American. It was the same with Hugh Laurie; people lauded his performance in House, but all I ever heard was "Hugh Laurie doing a Yankie accent". On the other hand, I've never had that mental roadblock with Tom Holland; even though I"ve heard his real voice, his Peter Parker feels a lot more organic, more believable.

Did anyone see anything about the Brazilian version of the trailer?

The end shot where you see Lizard leaping forward runs a second longer and shows him recoiling as if having been punched by an invisible foe, or more likely, Garfield or Maguire who have been removed from the scene for the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Garfield and Maguire will feature in this 100%, the shot of Holland jumping towards all of Sandman, Goblin, Lizard, the villains are to far apart and in a straight line as if they are fighting 'invisible foes' i.e Garfield and Maguire. I reckon some editing was done was done to exclude them for the trailers and that'll be the big surprise come movie time.

The shot of MJ falling is very reminiscent to Emma Stone's fall in Garfield's second Spidey film. He'll be the one that saves her. All speculation of course

• Registered Users Posts: 37,710 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder will this 3 hours ?

Certainly will have to be a meaty length given how many characters are in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

I think you should relax. It's a film, no more than that. Nothing bad will happen if you find out the odd detail about the movie before it's release, The world won't end and your enjoyment of the finished product won't be ruined.

If there isn't a scene replicating this in the movie, I'll be incredibly upset.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Into The Spiderverse did it better than this film possibly can!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Given the naff joke about Doc Ock's name I hope they leave it to Into The Spider verse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

We found out in Spider Verse that Doc Ocks name was Agatha All Along.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Furthering the persistent rumour this is going to feature ...

multiple spider-men, and specifically the Garfield / Maguire versions: in an international version of the trailer - during the point Spidey leaps towards the amassed enemies - eagle-eyed viewer could see Lizard seemingly punched by "nothing", while others aren't event looking at Tom Holland's version. The thinking being, that the other Spider-Men have been edited out to maintain some semblance of a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,670 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

This is my take of it also. He is only in high school and only has his powers for a bit I be astonished if he was all boss now especially since his idol dies and his life and his friends lives are been ripped apart. I am not sure which super hero says it it but its I wear this costume not to protect me but everyone I love. So something must happen one of his friends for him to go to Dr. Strange

Preface: Spidey has been my favourite hero since I was about 6.

I think we can all agree, Spidey has had a rockey journey at hollywood. Personally, I hated the first Maguire movie, the second outing was pretty good, the third was awful. Andrew Garfield's tenure went well, and Tom Holland kind of got rebooted without telling the back story once again. The whole Sony ownership made things messy.

I really dont know what to expect from this. Into the Spiderverse was fantastic, and a surprise for me. I really enjoyed it and in rewatches too.

I'm dubious if this can be pulled off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭dalyboy

What with Maguire and Garfield returning is there any rumours that spider-ham will feature in this new movie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

What are you talking about? Garfield has said on multiple occasions that he’s not in this. Same as Maguire. There’s no way either of these will show up.

• Advertisement

Advertisement