Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

• 23-07-2021 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

It would be interesting to know what side effects people got based on which vaccine to see if the same side effects were common

me

Vaccine : Pfizer

1st Dose - sore arm, fatigue,

2nd Dose - sore arm, fatigue , headache

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

Any one have any tips on how to beat it?

I had my second vaccine yesterday and I'm totally drain of all energy after it.

Got into bed at 3pm yesterday and still in it now 😢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭rogber

I hear that a little bit of patience is highly recommended, though benefits may first be felt after 2-3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Paracetamol and wait it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,135 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Stay horizontal. Watch TV. Thoughts and prayers.

I got up at 16.30 today and still feel drained. I have to work tomorrow so I hope to be ok early tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Could be this heat as well. Make sure to get plenty of fluids on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

Paracetamol and a bit of lucozade and a few short walks for a bit of fresh air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Flat warm 7up will sort you out.

Seriously I felt the same after the second jab plus freezing. Wasn't ill but meh. Loads of sleep helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

1st jab I felt like I had a cold the next day fine the day after. 2nd jab I was wrecked from pure tiredness other that that fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Just gone a little over two weeks since i got my second jab and ive never felt fatigue like this.

Ive done endurance sports events of 8 hours and never felt like this afterwards.

Ive had a few operations under general anesthetic and this feeling is like the first hour after you wake up from it, only constant.

When i wake in the morning i feel like ive gone both barrels at a wedding until 4am and after a coffee and some food i feel ok, but then if i do anything like cut the grass, or tidy the kitchen im wrecked again.

I feel like ive aged 20 years and thats not exaggerating.

The heat isnt helping but ive lived years in hotter climates and its never bothered me

There wont be any third jab going into me. Il take my chances with the antibodies i have.

• Advertisement

should really mention which vaccines when commenting

I'd wager that the Long Covid fatigue is worse

I know someone personally that has had it for well over a year at this stage.

Previously very fit and under 40

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

It's normal. Just rest up. I was a bit sickly for a day after my 2nd dose but was fine again then a day later.

Its not normal that it lasts this long.

2/3 days is often mentioned, 7-10 days sometimes, this is 15 days + now.

So its not normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭AustinLostin

Correlation does not imply causation. Would recommend you go see the GP, unlikely its the vaccine causing this.

Your ‘unlikely’ diagnosis with the greatest of respect is complete ball ocks.

I dont take any other meds. Dont have any conditions and ive felt consistently sh1t since this came on a couple of days after getting the jab that is widely reported to cause fatigue.

even before this heat wave ive felt the same and im well used to these temperatures so its obvious what has caused this.

getting GP to run bloods early next week

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭AustinLostin

I didn't make any diagnosis, but glad you are seeing your GP as per my recommendation 👍️ hope you get sorted

Op here. I felt ok again by 6pm yesterday. I even managed 4 pints 😃

I went to work today and felt grand. No affect today. It only lasted 26/28 hours.

I had the astrazenica vaccine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

I was replying to OP, not you. Not sure why you're replying to my post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I got a migraine level headache for two days after my second dose of Pfizer. Pretty certain it was the vaccine as I almost never get headaches that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Id suggest you role your neck back in there. The poster advised you to go to the GP. Yes it is unlikely to be related 14 days later. You being used to Ironman competitions or whatever has no bearing on anything frankly. They gave you decent proper advice. Go to the GP get checked out. The end, the snarkyness was unneeded.

I know what its from, you might disagree from your keyboard but i know myself better than anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭Augme

So why are you bothering with bloods and trip to the GP?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭grofus2

If you are having any shortness of breath and / or headaches get a D-dimer test done too. Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement

'Correlation does not imply causation' means that a connection between two things has not been proven, not that it is 'unlikely'.

Given that the poster began to feel fatigue right after he took the vaccine and the vaccine is known to cause fatigue in people it is EXTREMELY LIKELY that his fatigue has been caused by the vaccine.

Agree he should go to his GP for tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Yeah that part I got. It was piece at the end of your post regarding Jesus and Pfizer that threw me. Only noticing now it’s some kind of signature.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

I had my second dose of Pfizer 5 weeks ago yesterday and I'm still not back to 100%. My mind is fuzzy and I have no energy. I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat.

Oh that's a joke about how much praise people give to Pfizer.

I will change it now I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

hi,

I had Covid In March 2020. Was very sick and took a long time to feel normal again.

after my first Pfizer jab I got v high temps and felt v bad. Was shaky n weak for a day or 2 after . After my second Pfizer jab I didn’t get high temps but I was so tired. Was scheduled off work the day after and couldn’t get out of bed hardly. Got the weird muscle pains n pains out my back by shoulder blades as I had with Covid. Was ok the day after but the tiredness is hard going. No joke after being awake for 2hrs my eyes are scratchy and I’d sleep on nails. After 3days the headaches started and lasted over a week. I’m hoping I’m starting to feel a bit more normal again now.

covid Is a truly rotten thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Vaccine: Moderna

Dose 1: Nothing

Dose 2: Fairly bad, Freezing cold with shakes for about 4 hours (night of vaccine,) following day (day two) tired and head ache. Sleep well that night and brand new following day (day three.)

M, 33, V. healthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

1st dose Pfizer, following day temps of 39degrees, felt terrible. V bad.was shaky n weak DAy after but ok. Tired fur a few days.

2nd dose. So so tired, muscle pains, felt v bad for a few days. headaches for about 2weeks after. Still tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kefflin

Vaccine Pfizer

1st vaccine headache lasted 6 hours. Paracetamol really helped

2nd vaccine sore arm for 48hrs

I woke up the day after the J&J feeling more or less OK, by lunchtime I was absolutely fucked. Had to take the afternoon off work and spent most of the next 24 hours in bed but barely sleeping. Had next day off work so could lie in and by that night I was more or less OK though I had a bit of brain fog for another couple of days but nothing serious.

Seems a complete crapshoot though, I've spoken to people who've had all the vaccines, some were fine for both shots, some were fine after the first, some were fine after the second. Very little pattern to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 eoo1

Vaccine, Pfizer

First dose, sore arm

Second Dose, the following day, I had sympthons similar to a bad hangover, lasted about five hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Dose 1 Pfizer: nothing on the day, next day I was quite tired and had a nap, but I have three kids, including a baby who doesn’t sleep well so hard to link it to the vaccine tbh. Arm a little sore at injection site only- but nowhere near the soreness of the whooping cough or tetanus jabs. That’s it really. Hope number 2 is ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,479 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Vaccine: Pfizer

Dose 1: sore arm and high temperature. A bit of dizziness on the day of the injection. Also got a mouth ulcer but I'm not sure if this is caused by the vaccine as I don't think it is a documented side effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

accine : Pfizer

1st Dose - tender arm

2nd Dose - nothing

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Vaccine : Moderna

1st Dose - bit of a sore arm for about a day and a half

2nd Dose - slightly sorer arm for about a day longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Only one dose only.

1st Dose - Tiredness, Really sore arm (laughable as i could barely lift it)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

1st dose- sore arm

2nd dose- sore arm, headache, tiredness for 48 hours.

Sorry about the extra post, I can't seem to find delete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Vaccine : Pfizer

1st Dose - First day tightness of chest and fatigue. Second day was fine. Third day headache, joint pains in elbows, hips and knees. Tremors in fingers that lasted about a week.

2nd Dose - Fatigue on the day. Headache that lasted three days.

The tremors freaked me out but thankfully they weren't permanent. My sister has an auto immune condition and she experiences the same tremors. In her case it's an inflammation response when her immune system is under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Pfizer

Dose 1, sore arm very similar to sore arm after flu jab.

Dose 2, Nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement