Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Forgotten Irish movies.

1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭ Hamsterchops

Here's Colm Meaney dressed up as a leprechaun.

Looks like Zoë Wanamaker alongside . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭ Vestiapx

KaneToad wrote: »
    Eat the Peach

and

I went Down

I just realised they are both related to oral sex

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭ dd973

I remember Captive from the mid 80's, U2 tune called Walk to the Water on the soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭ NewbridgeIR

dd973 wrote: »
    I remember Captive from the mid 80's, U2 tune called Walk to the Water on the soundtrack.

Great tune. Remember it was on the B-side to With Or Without You. Didn't make the Captive soundtrack album which is otherwise excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭ RandomViewer

dd973 wrote: »

Is that where Heroine by Sinead and the Edge(realise how corny the name is when writing it) is from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭ Duckworth_Luas

Is that where Heroine by Sinead and the Edge(realise how corny the name is when writing it) is from?
    I was on a tour of Sun Studios in Memphis where they showed us a collection of photographs of famous artists who had recorded there.

Included among them was U2 with BB King from the Rattle and Hum recordings.

An American girl beside me asked her boyfriend who they were. He said, "that's BB King, he's Bono, that's The Edge ......"

She cut him off mid sentence as she starting laughing uncontrollably

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭ NewbridgeIR

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ Hangdogroad

Making-of anecdote about Strength And Honour thats much more entertaining than the film (click on audio)

https://corkfolklore.org/archivecatalolgue/document/210

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ Hangdogroad

Seeing as the link has disappeared the film in question was called Last Days In Dublin.

Advertisement