Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necrus Revisited (Part Three) REVEAL Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 11th place with 6 points

Deja Boo

The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See

This is a nice mellow track that I did not expect to do as well as this. But when I tested out all the tracks whilst driving (well it is a driving miss Walrus round tbf), it held up much better than I expected. The guitar work in particular had me nodding along.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 10th place with 7 points

fixXxer

Metallica – Fuel

There’s parts of this track and I can really dig and then there’s parts that just don’t fit the category at all. It was very hard to rank this one because the speed guitar parts are perfect for head banging whilst at the wheel but then it gets slowed down and doesn’t fit the car in motion. Maybe I just need to go faster… or is that what they want me to do :eek::eek:

In 9th place with 8 points

Trigger

More than a feeling – Boston

Chorus is just cracking. Absolute car singalong. I do love the guitar riff as well but I got told off by the family before for playing my air guitar whilst driving :(

In 8th place with 9 points

Ari101

The Killers – Human

Chorus has car singalong qualities. Verses… not so much. I absolutely love this track though, a very under rated Killers song imo.

In 7th place with 10 points

Homer J. Fong

The War on Drugs - Red Eyes

Beat behind this song is very compatible with driving. I just really enjoyed listening to this track in the car and it’s now on my driving playlist forever more. Great entry.

• Advertisement

In 6th place with 11 points

JP Liz V1

Badlands - Bruce Springsteen

Again another track with excellent compatibility for driving. Especially around these parts when we cross the Leitrim or Roscommon borders. Blare this from the windows and it keeps the natives relatively quiet I find. Or at least the Hill people...

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »

Again another track with excellent compatibility for driving. Especially around these parts when we cross the Leitrim or Roscommon borders. Blare this from the windows and it keeps the natives relatively quiet I find. Or at least the Hill people.

:pac:

In 5th place with 12 points

Sawduck

Asia - Heat Of The Moment

Hard to fault this in anyway, cracking lead into a belter of the chorus. Perfect driving song material.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

JP Liz V1

Again another track with excellent compatibility for driving. Especially around these parts when we cross the Leitrim or Roscommon borders. Blare this from the windows and it keeps the natives relatively quiet I find. Or at least the Hill people...

Great choice Liz! I almost chose this and another Bruce song.

In 4th place with 13 points

Cee_jay

Paradise By The Dashboard Lights – Meatloaf

Unlike another entrant here (cough Trigger cough) I actually quite like Meatloaf. This is a great track, a little bit long but that’s typical for Meatloaf tbf. Objects In The RearView Mirror may very well have topped this category mind….

• Advertisement

And now, we come to our remaining 6 contestants…

Electric Nitwit

Barna77

Necrina

Irish Aris

The purple tin

And…

5ahmr5.jpg

In 14th place with 3 points

Necrina

Pink - Just Give Me A Reason

Should I be concerned that my own wife considers this as a driving song? Nah…

giphy.gif

It’s just too slow for me tbh, the duet chorus is compatible for singalong but other than that I’d be worried about falling asleep at the wheel listening to it tbh! I do love the track mind, as evidenced from it's previous appearance...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Necrina

In 14th place with 3 points

Necrina

Pink - Just Give Me A Reason

Should I be concerned that my own wife considers this as a driving song? Nah…

giphy.gif

It’s just too slow for me tbh, the duet chorus is compatible for singalong but other than that I’d be worried about falling asleep at the wheel listening to it tbh! I do love the track mind, as evidenced from it's previous appearance...

I guess its a good thing I never pick the driving music :pac:

In 3rd place with 14 points

The purple tin

Chuck Berry - No Particular Place To Go

Straightforward, simple and to the point. Sometimes it just works and this is definitely one of those times. Love Chuck Berry, love this track. Great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Here i go again

In 14th place with 2 points

Irish Aris

Garbage - Cherry Lips

Now it might seem I’m picking on Garbage based on their entries in the game but really, it’s not intentional, I quite like them. Just don’t see this as a driving song, per se. There are parts of the chorus that almost get there but just overall it didn't fit unfortunately.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

In 14th place with 2 points

Irish Aris

Garbage - Cherry Lips

Now it might seem I’m picking on Garbage based on their entries in the game but really, it’s not intentional, I quite like them. Just don’t see this as a driving song, per se. There are parts of the chorus that almost get there but just overall it didn't fit unfortunately.

As expected.
    I'm not driving, so I wouldn't know what a good driving song is.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    As expected.
    I'm not driving, so I wouldn't know what a good driving song is.

Same

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

In 2nd place with 15 points

Electric Nitwit

The Cardigans – My Favourite Game

There was very little between this and the eventual winner if I’m honest, if anything The Cardigans probably lost out due to over-familiarity. Banger of a track this one, really enjoyed it.

So it's Barna and LeVar who remain...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So it's Barna and LeVar who remain...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

In 4th place with 13 points

Cee_jay

Paradise By The Dashboard Lights – Meatloaf

Unlike another entrant here (cough Trigger cough) I actually quite like Meatloaf. This is a great track, a little bit long but that’s typical for Meatloaf tbf. Objects In The RearView Mirror may very well have topped this category mind….

tenor.gif

Trigger wrote: »
    tenor.gif

200.gif

tenor.gif

In 16th place with 1 point

Barna77

Interstate Kyle - Lake Shore Drive

I did say I liked *most* of the entries into this category…. :pac: I jest, I jest. I didn’t mind this… initially this was actually doing quite well but…. on relistens it began to plummet unfortunately. Typical American jingly jangly ‘join the interstate’ fare. Just wasn’t gone on it as a driving song at all.

In fairness to Meatloaf, you only need to listen to one song for the trip from Sligo to Dublin..

****in things are that long

MEANING

In 1st place with 16 points

LeVar

Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly - Cruise (Remix)

Perfect fit for this category, with added bonus of country :D This would have fitted in the summer category as well, I wonder how your actual entry will fare because this is very likely top 3 there… before I did preference listens of course. Deserving winner and a perfect track for cruising to in good weather, like today!

Niceee LeVar, that's a great choice.. definitely a driving track

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

Advertisement