Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Cirywest is second dose healthcare workers with astrazeneca today anyway. Flying through them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

harr wrote: »
    Brother in law 53 only getting his done tomorrow, seems to be a huge staff shortage....

50 year old still waiting on notification of first appointment in Punchestown, 54 year old received first jab there 1 week ago. Both registered when the portal opened to 50-54 year olds a few weeks ago.

40 minute wait in the car, queued outside in batches of 15, another queue inside for maybe 15minutes to register - there was about 12 registration stations but only 5 open, queue for another 10 minutes to get the jab.

I guess there's no point in opening all the registration desks if that only creates a longer queue for the jab. There may indeed be a staff shortage or shortage of some resource at Punchestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 california dreaming

Anybody got any appointments for Galway Racecourse MVC over the next few days. They are doing AZ for Healthcare workers today, as far as I am aware.

But I have no info about the next few days. Any info greatly appreciated. Anybody with an appointment in next few days - week for Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I know a few 50 year olds being done in the Helix today with pfizer.

Well I am saying that the time for them to register keeps getting pushed back. I can look it up if you want but Government sources indicated in the last week that they would be registering around now. Then the IT yesterday reported Government sources as saying it would be next week. Now RTE, presumably being briefed by Government sources, are saying the middle if next week. You are correct, no appointments were scheduled and pushed back, or anything like that , but the time for registering has been. Again, no one's fault, they are doing their best, but it's still disappointing.

Pretty sure it was reported that we'd hear an announcement around now, not that registration would be open now.

40s is a large cohort. Whether you register today or next week won't make any difference to when you get the vaccine, they still have the same numbers of people to get through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was reported that we'd hear an announcement around now, not that registration would be open now.

40s is a large cohort. Whether you register today or next week won't make any difference to when you get the vaccine, they still have the same numbers of people to get through.

Actually, from this article at https://extra.ie/2021/05/26/news/politics/vaccination-portal-40-45-fine-gael-pp-varadkar the delay may be because they are giving u45s a choice of J&J which would probably require a slight tweak of the registration portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭patscott27

Reading on Rte site that 600,000 JJ vaccine expected by end of June could be between 60,000 and 235,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

the delay may be because they are giving u45s a choice of J&J which would probably require a slight tweak of the registration portal.

That's old news. Today's news is that we are getting let down on the delivery of J&J for June. Indication of this could be seen a few weeks ago..

50s age group will be getting Pfizer that they thought might be going to under 50s. Today they are saying their targets don't look good

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sounds like Cork are leading the pack anyway. Heard nothing yet myself. Anyone any info on where they are in Laois?

A mate of mine in Ratoath got sent down to Mullingar for his.. that's a bit of a trek!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

ankles wrote: »
    Anyone know of anyone who refused the Johnson and Johnson and asked for something else. Did anyone get anywhere with that?

My mrs did, texted NEW to the text message appointment, hasn’t heard anything yet

She was due Janssen on May 21, she requested NEW on May 19 so 8/9 days ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

My mrs did, texted NEW to the text message appointment, hasn’t heard anything yet

Me too, exact same days:)
    Was is in the Aviva?
    I'm also still waiting for a new appointment.

Sleeper 12 rescheduled 4 or 5 times and eventually was scheduled for Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Rang the 'Helpline' there. Be better shouting out my window

Did get an email asking me to volunteer at Punchestown as a marshall! They are toying with me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Bella3005 wrote: »
    Me too, exact same days:)
    Was is in the Aviva?

Sleeper 12 rescheduled 4 or 5 times and eventually was scheduled for Pfizer.

No, Limerick

Thought you could only text NEW twice?

Do you have to call after that?

Actually, I don't have a clue about texts.
    I rescheduled on the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

I had that appointment in Aviva but needed to reschedule it due to some personal issues. Nothing heard since then.

I dont actually mind Janssen or any of them. Tried calling HSE helpline but they cant do anything. You just have to wait. No timeline, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 david200

Age 47, South Dublin
    Registered 20th May
    Appointment received this morning via portal, no text yet
    Appointment date Sunday 30th May
    Aviva Stadium
    Comirnaty (Pfizer-Biontech)

Update. Text message has arrived confirming appointment, 1 hour after I saw it in the Portal

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

Age 48 Celbridge

Registered 18May

Appointment confirmed this morning via portal

Appointment 30th may

City west
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Age 48
    Registered 20th
    Appointment confirmed by checking portal about 10 mins ago, went through and filled out the questionaire
    Appointment on 30th May
    City West & Pfizer

mainline that sh1t right into my veins!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Age 48
    Registered 20th
    Appointment confirmed by checking portal about 10 mins ago, went through and filled out the questionaire
    Appointment on 30th May
    City West & Pfizer

Ditto :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ThreeGreens

[...]went through and filled out the questionaire

What is the questionnaire? Does it only become visible after getting your appointment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Mitzy

Age 49
    Registered 20th May
    Appointment confirmed by the portal for 30th May in Citywest - no text yet
    Pfizer

rks wrote: »
    I had that appointment in Aviva but needed to reschedule it due to some personal issues. Nothing heard since then.

I dont actually mind Janssen or any of them. Tried calling HSE helpline but they cant do anything. You just have to wait. No timeline, nothing.

It would be great if you could update once you have a new appointment.

Snarky Snark Snark

What is the questionnaire? Does it only become visible after getting your appointment?

Yarp, there was a link to it once the appointment was there.
    There's a Consent Given button to click and then the Dose 1 medical questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

Yes.

First consent.Then very short questionaire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

When you go can you ask them nicely if they have any of the one dose vaccines if scheduled for a two dose?

Snarky Snark Snark

Age 48
    Registered 20th
    Appointment on 30th May
    City West & Pfizer

Aaaand just got the text confirmation now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭mackerski

48, living in D15, registered immediately once age group went live on the portal.

Appointment for Pfizer, Citywest, afternoon of Sunday 30th

Edit: I first found out on the portal, but the SMS arrived minutes afterwards. Vodafone number entered without the leading 0 in the area code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Husband
    Confirmation: Today
    Vaccine Date: 31/05 WIT
    Vaccine: Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

45, 1st June, moderna, pairce e queef.ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

Missus (aged 60) got no. 2 (AZ) yesterday. Her arm is killing her and she couldn't sleep last night.

Advertisement