Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Saw this on the logistics of the latest tour. Looks like they have 2 crews on the go with 60 trucks. Thats a lot of Diesel :) -

50 tons of equipment, 60 trucks: Rammstein's tour of superlatives
    Update: June 17th . For Till Lindemann, the past concert in the Rostock Baltic Stadium was a real home game. Among other things, the Rammstein singer grew up in the city in Mecklekburg-Vorpommern. Before the show on Sunday (June 16) yesterday, the 56-year-old strolled through his old residential area with singer Marteria.

Next up is Rammstein in Denmark. Copenhagen is waiting for the boys on Wednesday (June 19) to travel through Europe with a superlative stage production. The band travels across the continent on two identical stages. During the show in one city, the other stage is set up at the next venue.

"It is one of the largest stages currently on the move," the band is quoted on the Facebook page "Rammstein Belgium". It is 24 meters wide, 15 meters high and impresses with a pure steel construction. The other numbers are tough too.

400 people work on setting up the stage every day. 100 loudspeakers are hung up. 50 tons of equipment are pulled up on 120 motors for each concert. The music system is a proud 380,000 watts. So you could still hear Rammstein in Dresden ten kilometers away.

60 trucks are required for each concert, which alone transport the accompanying power plants. "These are two megawatt units that pull around 1000 liters of diesel per show." These are required so that the electricity in the respective city does not run out during the Rammstein concerts.

"Most of the productions today look like television studios. Even the rock concerts. Ice cold. That's the way it works. But not at Rammstein," it says. And this gigantic production experience 30,000 to 50,000 people every time. Almost one million fans are expected at the 30 concerts of their stadium tour.

https://www.msl24.de/promis/rammstein-tour-2021-coronavirus-tickets-till-lindemann-europa-termine-11880734.html

wow must be the loudest thing to hit Dresden since...maybe not....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well, there's the official announcement we were all expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Well, there's the official announcement we were all expecting.

Disappointing, but not unexpected I suppose. Still tickets left for Cardiff but its a mid week gig...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭gaming_needs90

They really should organise a Dublin gig now.

They really should organise a Dublin gig now.

yeah best option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Can't believe that, the only date on the entire tour cancelled. I was worried it would happen last time round, it didn't appear to sell very well. I think they'd shift more tickets in Dublin but there was obviously a reason they didn't go with Dublin in the first place, can't see it happening now.

Can't believe that, the only date on the entire tour cancelled. I was worried it would happen last time round, it didn't appear to sell very well. I think they'd shift more tickets in Dublin but there was obviously a reason they didn't go with Dublin in the first place, can't see it happening now.

Iirc, eufa had the aviva booked.

If the soccer tournament goes ahead as planned, that will free up the above for 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The Aviva would be too big for them here, the RDS would be more their size. Would the stage even fit there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The Aviva would be too big for them here, the RDS would be more their size. Would the stage even fit there though.

With the way it's set up all the seating to the sides of the stage would be empty anyway.

They've more than likely grown in popularity since the 2012 gig too so maybe more ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

God fucking dammit.

MetzgerMeister, I'm looking at you as the resident guru... I had tickets for the Belfast gig Feuer Zone, so obv that's not happening.

You reckon they'll consider a Dublin gig?
    And if not, is there any chance of getting Feuer Zone tickets elsewhere?

I'm gutted at this.

• Advertisement

God fucking dammit.

MetzgerMeister, I'm looking at you as the resident guru... I had tickets for the Belfast gig Feuer Zone, so obv that's not happening.

I'm gutted at this.

I bought 6 Feuerzone tickets through LIFAD before general sale and I still haven't received them. Hopefully EventIM aren't as slow with the refunds.

It's hard to know what they'll do regarding another Irish gig. There must have been good reason for them to have chosen Belfast whether it's Brexit or whatever.

I haven't a clue about getting FZ tickets for other gigs. I haven't looked myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭gaming_needs90

God fucking dammit.

I'm gutted at this.

I have 5 feuerzone tickets alright.

I'd say little to no chance myself. As I posted on the other thread;

The best thing would be for a Dublin gig before the UK dates as that would mean just one load of checks going into the UK. I don't think this would work either come to think of it as these heavy trucks would need to pass through the UK mainland, thus requiring big checks. God, this has ramifications for a whole host of big shows in the years to come :(

EDIT: If anyone knows anyone in Aiken promotions, they will probably know the real reason behind this and also any plans to reschedule.

I bought 6 Feuerzone tickets through LIFAD before general sale and I still haven't received them. Hopefully EventIM aren't as slow with the refunds.

Christ.
    Now the torture of getting a refund from Ticketmaster...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they played Dublin instead of Belfast could they still not go from the UK to Belfast then drive the trucks down to Dublin and back to avoid the extra checks etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

If they played Dublin instead of Belfast could they still not go from the UK to Belfast then drive the trucks down to Dublin and back to avoid the extra checks etc?

But sure they'll have the checks going into the UK from the EU anyway so it wouldn't make any difference if they go to Dublin at all. I'd say the Belfast gig just didn't sell well so they pulled the plug

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I don't know. Like i guess they could garner a crowd of 25000-40000 here? At the lower end of that then ya Aviva might be too big but the higher end it would be pretty perfect due to the amount of space their stage would take up.

I'd bet towards the higher figure too. People will be mad for tickets to gigs when all this is over!!!

They’d easily do well in the aviva

They’d easily do well in the aviva

Wikipedia claims aviva holds 65k for concerts. I presume the huge Rammstein stage would shave a few extra seats off that but I still don't see them getting close to that here.

3arena for example is supposed to be 13k and it is still debated whether they sold that out or not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Marley Park would surely be ideal size wise?

Wikipedia claims aviva holds 65k for concerts. I presume the huge Rammstein stage would shave a few extra seats off that but I still don't see them getting close to that here.

3arena for example is supposed to be 13k and it is still debated whether they sold that out or not

Build it and they’ll come :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Rammstein are flogging off some almost out of date beer in their merch shop.

https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog/beer-rammsteiner-best-before-june-2021.html?products_id=2146{29}292

Price is not too bad considering how much their branded stuff usually costs.

12x 500ml bottles of RAMMSTEINER = €29 delivered. €17 fr the beer = €12 UPS delivery to Ireland.

Am tempted but Im sure I would get stung for customs/import duty.

That's the snag. The weight would give it away.

Rammstein are flogging off some almost out of date beer in their merch shop.

https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog/beer-rammsteiner-best-before-june-2021.html?products_id=2146{29}292

Price is not too bad considering how much their branded stuff usually costs.

12x 500ml bottles of RAMMSTEINER = €29 delivered. €17 fr the beer = €12 UPS delivery to Ireland.

I doubt you'd be charged customs or import duty since it's coming from Germany. If that were the case then all merch would be subject to that.

I doubt you'd be charged customs or import duty since it's coming from Germany. If that were the case then all merch would be subject to that.

Yes but surely alcohol takes a special place in the revenue commissioners heart.

Yes but surely alcohol takes a special place in the revenue commissioners heart.

Haha it's possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

As mentioned above, were the Belfast ticket sales poor?

It's amazing if so, their 3 Arena gig was widely reported as being phenomenal (I thought it was 10/10 myself).

Surely ticket sales couldn't have been that bad for Belfast? Would the ****ty venue have impacted that much I wonder?

It's amazing if so, their 3 Arena gig was widely reported as being phenomenal (I thought it was 10/10 myself).

Surely ticket sales couldn't have been that bad for Belfast? Would the ****ty venue have impacted that much I wonder?

It would have sold on the day but the on off nature of it sound have slowed sales

Us mere mortals will never know, and reports of the 3arena gig are wildly conflicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Anyone gonna give Cardiff a shot? Im thinking about it. Never been. Hard to plan flights and that at this stage.

• Advertisement

Anyone gonna give Cardiff a shot? Im thinking about it. Never been. Hard to plan flights and that at this stage.

I went to Cardiff once, to see Rammstein no less.
    It's a fine town for a gig alright, but these are different times.

Advertisement