Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

I bought a small amount at 0.6 I'll cash out 2/3s after Saturday if it goes high. The rest i'll keep in just for fun.

I'm going to do something like that too. Hedge my bets in case it does go to the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭duefrine

It's mad, just got some doge this morning @ 0.53 euro per coin.... Just in it for the ride...

Not so long ago, sold all I had @ 0.07 euro per coin, lesson learned.... If Elon is talking about it, keep or buy it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

duefrine wrote: »
    It's mad, just got some doge this morning @ 0.53 euro per coin.... Just in it for the ride...

Not so long ago, sold all I had @ 0.07 euro per coin, lesson learned.... If Elon is talking about it, keep or buy it.....

I think I made $30 months ago from selling the small amount of Doge I had. Eurgh.
    Very very belatedly picked some up yesterday, looking for a small gain at least but pittance compared to what I could have if I held initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I sold out of DOGE just before the last drop after hodling for about 3 years, so a very tidy profit.
    Just bought back in again this morning and will hold until SNL and then get the hell out of DOdGE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Only dabbling myself lately and bought my first crypto last week all of 80 Doge at 0.20 and then an 150 at 0.48. Not a bad first experience just wish I had gone in for more at the start and added a couple of 00s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

14,000,000 doge minted in the last 24 hours. And the next. In fact every 24 hours, for infinity.

It’s a fork of a fork of bitcoin that has had no maintenance in 2 years , so as much of a joke as it is, it bodes well for bitcoin in a funny way.

It’s grand for a fomo flutter (which ironically is what is causing the pump) However it’s terrifying to see people lumping in 10/20k at these levels and expecting it to go to $100. They can’t do simple math.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

14,000,000 doge minted in the last 24 hours. And the next. In fact every 24 hours, for infinity.
    It’s a fork of a fork of bitcoin that has had no maintenance in 2 years , so as much of a joke as it is, it bodes well for bitcoin in a funny way.

It’s grand for a fomo flutter (which ironically is what is causing the pump) However it’s terrifying to see people lumping in 10/20k at these levels and expecting it to go to $100. They can’t do simple math.

Aye I don't expect that but pulling my stake plus a % soon and then will flutter with the profits maybe, have since bought some more stable coins like LTC, Eth and BTC. A failed flutter on ADA and XRP I had to stop some losses on those

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

What channel & time is SNL on does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Jafin

It's on NBC in the US I believe. Google says 11:30pm ET, which is 4:30am Sunday morning for us if I'm not mistaken.

Looks like NBC

Saturday Night Live airs on Saturdays at 11:30 pm ET/8:30 pm PT.

https://collider.com/is-snl-new-tonight-season-46/#:~:text=Saturday%20Night%20Live%20airs%20on,stream%20on%20Peacock%20and%20Hulu.

• Advertisement

Jafin wrote: »
    It's on NBC in the US I believe. Google says 11:30pm ET, which is 4:30am Sunday morning for us if I'm not mistaken.

Jaysus not a hope I'll stay up for 4:30am. SNL is really, really terrible btw

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Amik

Everyone asking for DOGE content on SNL!

Amik wrote: »
    Everyone asking for DOGE content on SNL!

Given the huge expectations, you wouldn't put it past him to say absolutely nothing about DOGE on SNL.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

You can bet it’ll be a typical case of buy the rumour sell the news.

You can bet it’ll be a typical case of buy the rumour sell the news.

Yep, I personally wouldn't be holding DOGE the farside of SNL. I got in last week for a bit of craic at 0.32 and got out this morning at 0.60.

Of course there's every chance Elon on SNL could send this rocketing past a dollar on Sunday, but I'm thinking the SNL thing is priced into the current action.

but I'm thinking the SNL thing is priced into the current action.

I'm not so sure, to me it feels more like the heady days of when XRP went on a run due to everyone and his mother talking about it.

Yep, I personally wouldn't be holding DOGE the farside of SNL. I got in last week for a bit of craic at 0.32 and got out this morning at 0.60.

Of course there's every chance Elon on SNL could send this rocketing past a dollar on Sunday, but I'm thinking the SNL thing is priced into the current action.

On the flip side...

We all know DOGE and so does everyone in the crypto space. However, the majority of SNL viewers are unlikely in the crypto space. One mention from Elon, and millions more people suddenly hear about DOGE.

Whatever about a mention sending the price surging, I expect DOGE to be trending next Sunday.

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'm not so sure, to me it feels more like the heady days of when XRP went on a run due to everyone and his mother talking about it.

True. You (I) just don't know what's going to happen. With this Elon/DOGE thing, we are through the looking glass and there is no precedent (from my knowledge) in crypto for this.

What are the viewership figures for SNL? Does no one else realise it's on the most unfunny shows out there?

What are the viewership figures for SNL? Does no one else realise it's on the most unfunny shows out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

crushproof wrote: »

Quick search here says it reached a 3 year high in November 2020 with 9 million viewers. Average probably 6/7m?

https://ew.com/tv/saturday-night-live-ratings-election/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Is this peak Crypto now ?

Is this not absolutely insane that people are going crazy for a "joke" coin on whether a billionaire mentions it or not on a comedy sketch show :eek::eek:

Ugh!
    Ok, so who sold DOGE 10 cents below market value and triggered my stop loss trades?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Ugh!
    Ok, so who sold DOGE 10 cents below market value and triggered my stop loss trades?! :(

Stop losses can be triggered by really long wicks down. Bots, market makers, whales sometimes go stop loss hunting the same way they liquidate leveraged traders

All part and parcel of the wild west crypto trade

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Ugh!

Sounds like a scam wick, same happened me on Kraken a month or so ago with Storj. Although not as bulletproof you're better off getting a portfolio tracker like block folio and just setting price alerts for when a coin goes up or down. That way you can assess the situation yourself before selling.

Now obviously this is no help if big price action happens while you're asleep but you have to switch off sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Is this peak Crypto now ?

Is this not absolutely insane that people are going crazy for a "joke" coin on whether a billionaire mentions it or not on a comedy sketch show :eek::eek:

Yeah, even though I've made ridiculous returns from it, I think the whole thing is a piss take, can't stop thinking that all the time and effort gone into deciding on which other cryptos to invest in hasn't netted me even close to similar returns. But that's crypto, there'll always be random, silly manic surprises in each bull run

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So, sell DOGE on Saturday night... or wake up with either a hangover or a Lambo on Sunday morning? :pac:

I have a bag of them, but nothing compared to the monster bag I had on Cryptopia. *sobs*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Feed every gorilla. HODL.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

Dades wrote: »
    So, sell DOGE on Saturday night... or wake up with either a hangover or a Lambo on Sunday morning? :pac:
    Better sell Saturday night. Musk might well say something like "I think Tesla and DOGE are overvalued." Remember, he has done it before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Revolut going to announce tomorrow that they will allow bitcoin withdrawals.

https://decrypt.co/69763/revolut-launches-bitcoin-withdrawals

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement