Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Had my second J&J jab on Wednesday, No pain in the arm this time but felt crap the next day. (Just imagine what real Covid would of felt like!)

Seems 1 jab will be approved and my trial will be forgotten about but at least I helped out a bit.

Also had results from an anti-body test, Neg for Covid but positive for a vaccine antibody so I was in the vaccine part of the trial :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Yes - Moderna second jab
    just got text at 2pm there astra jab 1 monday defo legit? ecstatic if so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Its deffo legit

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Got the AZ vaccine about two weeks ago. Was grand on the day. Next day was floored with a fever and a whopping pain in the shoulder. Couldn't eat.

After two days of that the fever started to pass but the shoulder pain and nausea stayed for over a week after. Was fairly weak for that period too. Still not fully right but of course it was worth it. Hope to get the second shot within three months.

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Wesser wrote: »
    Its deffo legit

i could kiss u. thanks so much. wake up my 1 year old 2mrw dance with daddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

How on earth would i know if your text is legit or not?! I havent seen the text and have no idea who you are or what your occupation or underlying illness is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Had my AstraZeneca vaccine yesterday - made sure I took paracetamol, even woke up to do so. Feeling very tired today with a sore arm but apart from that nothing of note.

Had my vaccine cancelled twice, happy to get it as where I work the public think it’s completely acceptable to come in with COVID even though they could send someone else instead or get delivery.

Wishing this will be over quick.

Yes - Moderna second jab
    lol was legit. got 1st dose AZ. unreal setup 100 an hour id say in galway

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I received my first dose of the AZ jab this morning. My appointment was in the Aviva. It's a fantastic operation they have going on down there. It was very busy as well. Oh and I got a badge :D

I could sleep for a year and my arm feels a bit.....odd and my sinuses have gone bonkers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Got Moderna yesterday. No major side effects, really just a sore arm today, similar to some other vaccinations, feels as if someone thumped it and I have a bit of a bruise. (Feels that way, don't actually have a bruise).

The word here is that you're better off getting Moderna shot #2 at about 35-40 days, the side effects are much less. Up to 42 seems to be authorised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

got it today up in Landsdowne, AZ , no syringes just some tab thing so was done before I knew it , efficient operation. No flu symptoms so far

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got my first AZ yesterday had aches and pains in my back last night and had some leg cramps ( could be stress related) not feeling to bad today. Not sure why we have to wait for 3 months before the next one, maybe it will be sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got my first AstraZeneca yesterday. Was fine all day, and didn’t even get my usual balloon arm like when I get the flu jab. However last night was tough enough, got full blown chills. Couldn’t warm up (no temp), then all over body pain, even my toes hurt.

However totally fine again by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Cork City Hall this morning, AZ.

Very impressive setup. So streamlined, hand sanitizer everywhere, disinfectant wipes, everyone masked, extremely competent staff at every level.

I feel completely normal as of now but I'll report back with any changes. Three months seems like about ten years at this point but I bet it will fly by.

Left - observation room where you go after
    Right - the queue in the marquee at the front before entering
    attachment.php?attachmentid=549008&d=1617374511

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

No, and I don't want or need one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

antgal23 wrote: »
    No, and I don't want or need one

Why, are you a pangolin?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Sd james

No not yet. Elderly father still waiting too as things stand. Absolute joke hearing what went on at the citywest yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Why, are you a pangolin?

That's two questions

1/ I'm healthy

2/ what's a pangolin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,670 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

afatbollix wrote: »
    Had my second J&J jab on Wednesday, No pain in the arm this time but felt crap the next day. (Just imagine what real Covid would of felt like!)

Seems 1 jab will be approved and my trial will be forgotten about but at least I helped out a bit.

Also had results from an anti-body test, Neg for Covid but positive for a vaccine antibody so I was in the vaccine part of the trial :)

I thought J&J was a 1 shot vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I thought J&J was a 1 shot vaccine
    It is but they have a two shot trial going as well. Data in summer I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

antgal23 wrote: »
    That's two questions

1/ I'm healthy

2/ what's a pangolin?

It figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CalisGirl

I got first AZ dose yesterday. Grand for first 6 hours afterwards, then sore injection site and flu like symptoms. Exhausted, sore muscles and joints, sweats, couldn't turn over in bed without extreme effort.

Now a day and a bitafter the vaccine, I'm on the mend. Still on bed rest taking panadol due to aching joints but feel I will be grand tomorrow.

Delighted I got the vaccine - can't imagine what the actual covid would be like. But if today wasn't Good Friday, it would have been a sick day from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,670 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

is_that_so wrote: »
    It is but they have a two shot trial going as well. Data in summer I think.

Oh did not know that. Every day a learning day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got my first AstraZeneca yesterday. Was fine all day, and didn’t even get my usual balloon arm like when I get the flu jab. However last night was tough enough, got full blown chills. Couldn’t warm up (no temp), then all over body pain, even my toes hurt.

However totally fine again by now
    Glad to hear it!!

I'm freezing cold now this evening. Our house is very badly insulated but even with the heating cranked up and a water bottle, my extremities are nippy. I wouldn't have great circulation usually but the OH isn't feeling the same cold I am at all. No other issues really though so not complaining.

Did anyone else feel chilly after getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

CalisGirl wrote: »
    I got first AZ dose yesterday. Grand for first 6 hours afterwards, then sore injection site and flu like symptoms. Exhausted, sore muscles and joints, sweats, couldn't turn over in bed without extreme effort.

Now a day and a bitafter the vaccine, I'm on the mend. Still on bed rest taking panadol due to aching joints but feel I will be grand tomorrow.

Delighted I got the vaccine - can't imagine what the actual covid would be like. But if today wasn't Good Friday, it would have been a sick day from work.

Can I ask what you'd think somebody of 80 or 90 years of age would fare if they had the same symptoms as you had? Do you think they would find it tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CalisGirl

tommybrees wrote: »
    Can I ask what you'd think somebody of 80 or 90 years of age would fare if they had the same symptoms as you had? Do you think they would find it tough?

Tbh, I really couldn't tell you. Id be in my early 30s in cohort 4. From what I've researched, over 65s don't seem to get the same side effects from AZ. You're more likely to get them when you're under 65 or previously had covid.

It was just like a very bad flu but I am feeling a lot better tonight and fully expect to be back to normal tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Glad to hear it!!

I'm freezing cold now this evening. Our house is very badly insulated but even with the heating cranked up and a water bottle, my extremities are nippy. I wouldn't have great circulation usually but the OH isn't feeling the same cold I am at all. No other issues really though so not complaining.

Yes I'm the same tonight freezing cold had to go to bed and try and get warm under the duvet taking paracetamol to keep the aches and pains away.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Glad to hear it!!

I was frozen later that evening and then had proper chills over night. Bed was with a water bottle and extra blankets and taking one hand out had me shaking with cold. Only lasted a few hours though, eased off sometime in the early morning. All good tonight though struggling to sleep. But that’s nothing new!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

My partner got AZ today at 11am.
    She passed out and I had to collect her from private hospital where she works. Now she past out getting blood test a few weeks prior so we know her immune system/body doesn’t like needles.

She felt 70% ok for the whole day but nobody would feel ok after passing out.
    Last hour has been tough (13 hours since injection). Sweating profusely but freezing cold at the same time. All over body aches and pains in random parts of the body including toes. She took 2 neurofen plus which seemed to work wonders and has now gone to sleep. I anxiously wait on the couch downstairs hoping no negative side effects occur. The blood cloths is a worry as she suffers from endometriosis and also she had been getting some pelvic pain.
    What a though 12 months this has been for the world in general. These vaccines seem harsh but it tells me they are effective with such a blow to immune system.

I am not looking forward to my vaccine which will probably be in 2096 at the rate the government are going. Love to have it over and done with though.
    Hope everyone is good and our country don’t see any fatalities from vaccines. Imagine living your life locked down for the last year only to get a cure and it kills you.
    **** that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

My grandfather who is 85 got his second dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week. He collapsed the day afterwards. He hadnt been feeling great and stayed in bed. He got up a little later and his legs went from under him. He is fine since thankfully and is glad to have gotten the vaccine.

Advertisement