Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    ASDA's 2020 christmas advert

To no surprise the first ad, completely follows the COVID script but it works, I like it.

TK Maxx

Just the screenshot of the goat was enough for me to want to hate this.... but.... I actually like it, I lol'd.

Argos

Hate it. Another poor ad along with the drum solo from last year. The most Christmassy thing about this was circling the argos catalogue.

Very

Now this is a VERY good ad. I really like it, it's very real and relatable.

Amazon

Very American and souless... so at least it's on brand for Amazon... but I still hate it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So, anyone see a 'live' advert yet? Was half hoping I'd see one watching TV yesterday but no joy, other than that quality street one again.

I don't think I've watched anything from TV yesterday, I'm still making my way through recordings from October.... I've an awful habit of fast forwarding ads... I need to ease off on that now.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Saw the 'Kevin the carrot' ad last night. The first part of at least a double ad I hope or is the worst Christmas ad I have ever seen!!!

ALDI hit lighting with a bottle with Kevin the carrot the first year.... and that's where it should have stopped. The movie parodies by a carrot do nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Loughc wrote: »
    I don't think I've watched anything from TV yesterday, I'm still making my way through recordings from October.... I've an awful habit of fast forwarding ads... I need to ease off on that now.

ALDI hit lighting with a bottle with Kevin the carrot the first year.... and that's where it should have stopped. The movie parodies by a carrot do nothing for me.

Oh no I absolutely love them and I was waiting all day for the ad to launch :) I love Kevin the carrot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »

Agree with this 100%. I could even understand using the character again the following year given its original success, but its gone beyond wearing thin at this stage, the attempt to tie in to Peaky (leafy) blinders last year with the sprouts was just cringe.

Let it go people, let it go.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Let it go people, let it go.

I think that might already have been used :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Juguettos - Toy shops in Spain

El Corte Inglés - department store in Spain

Dreaming Of...Christmas at Brown Thomas

WWF UK

Rennie

• Advertisement

Ferrero Rocher 'Say it with Gold'

Discover a Better Way to Christmas by Target Australia

Toys"R"Us 2020 - Make it a Christmas to Remember

ALDI Australia - Synchronised Santas - Go Full Christmas

Love this thread !

It's still early days, my view:

Bruce Willis in the Diehard is Back advert did not have (for me) the same wow factor as the Return of ET by Sky and Xfinity (last year)

Much prefer Aldi Australia to Aldi UK/Ireland !

So far, I like: Guardian Bikes, Hobby Lobby, Estée Lauder and Very.
    Very really hit the spot for me - acknolewdging the times we are living - avoiding the doldrums and still staying positive and seasonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

otnomart wrote: »
    Love this thread !

Every year for me this is the best thread on the whole of boards, bar none!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Love this thread !

It's still early days, my view:

Bruce Willis in the Diehard is Back advert did not have (for me) the same wow factor as the Return of ET by Sky and Xfinity (last year)

Much prefer Aldi Australia to Aldi UK/Ireland !

So far, I like: Guardian Bikes, Hobby Lobby, Estée Lauder and Very.
    Very really hit the spot for me - acknolewdging the times we are living - avoiding the doldrums and still staying positive and seasonal.
    Every year for me this is the best thread on the whole of boards, bar none!

I love when people are really passionate about something and this is definitely something worth being passionate about :)

I think the Lego ad is amazing, I love it !

Rebuild the World

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m liking the Paco Rabonne Lady Million perfume ad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

This is cute, abit of background to it:

A heartwarming Christmas advert by a local hardware shop in Wales has gone viral, with viewers calling it the best festive ad of the year.

Arthur is the son of Hafod Hardware shop owner Tom Jones, who made the advert to encourage people to shop locally.

Starring a two-year-old boy called Arthur, the advert by Hafod Hardware based in Rhayader, Powys, has left viewers in tears – and to add to the hugely positive reaction, the advert cost just £100 to produce.

Arthur is the son of Hafod Hardware shop owner Tom Jones, who made the advert to encourage people to shop locally.

https://youtu.be/pDtCXO71FJU

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ferrero Rocher 'Say it with Gold'
    The voice over for that ad says Ferrero Rocher strangely. Like 'Ferrero Rosh-share,' which is just odd. :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah, yes- I remember everyone going crazy for this ad last year, it's so lovely. :)

Posy wrote: »
    The voice over for that ad says Ferrero Rocher strangely. Like 'Ferrero Rosh-share,' which is just odd. :P
    I know !

It is an Australian ad - but the voiceover voice does not sound that Australian to me, it seems she has a very faint Irish lilt instead ! (Until she says "Rosh-share", that is ! )

A heartwarming Christmas advert by a local hardware shop in Wales has gone viral, with viewers calling it the best festive ad of the year.

Oh Yes: Hafod was my absolute favourite last year !

The Wonderbly Moment (Children books)

A Call To Joy by Hudson's Bay

Together No Matter What by Adorama (Camera shop in NYC)

Bigger than Christmas by Myer (department store in Australia)

Coles (supermarkets in Australia)

• Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz – "Plushie" and "Glow"

Advertisement