Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭DvB

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Mince Pie Strudle in the Freezer. Wonder should I risk it. OH doesn't eat it so will have to finish the whole thing myself:D Happy Rudolph Day folks!

Why wait, you knows it makes sense!!!:D

We had apple strudle with Vanilla ice cream for dessert yesterday after our BBQ, twas gorgeous!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

(\o/)
    --- / \ ---
    >*<
    >0<@&lt;
    >>>@&lt;<*
    >@&gt;*<0<<<
    >*>>@&lt;<<@&lt;<
    >@&gt;>0<<<*<<@&lt;
    >*>>0<<@&lt;<<@&lt;<<
    >@&gt;>*<<@&lt;>*<<0<*<
    >0>>*<<@&lt;>0><<*<@&lt;<
    >*>>@&gt;<0<<*>>@&gt;<*<0<<
    >@&gt;>0<*<<0>>@&lt;<0<<<*<@&lt;
    >((*))_>0><*<0><@&lt;<<0<*<<
    >|.*.*.*.|>>@&lt;<*<<@&gt;><0<<@&lt;
    __\\db//__

I'm wearing my Rudolph socks :D It's a yuck day outside and the fur babies have decided to snuggle up in their beds, so I think I'll have a Netflix day.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Wore penguin in a santa hat socks today without even realising it was the 25th. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Just made it and no more. Happy Rudolph Day everyone. Thinking of watching Last Christmas . Is it really cheesy?

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Just made it and no more. Happy Rudolph Day everyone. Thinking of watching Last Christmas . Is it really cheesy?

We found it disappointing, its harmless really, just not what we expected... worth a watch for any Christmas fans but not one I suspect we'll watch again anytime soon.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I gave it a miss and went to bed early. It’s very hard to do a good Christmas story. They don’t make them like they used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I gave it a miss and went to bed early. It’s very hard to do a good Christmas story. They don’t make them like they used to.

I was kinda thinking the same thing the other day but with Christmas songs, they're hasn't been a really good memorable Christmas song out in years it feels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I was kinda thinking the same thing the other day but with Christmas songs, they're hasn't been a really good memorable Christmas song out in years it feels like.

Apart from Christmas Shoes, obviously :D

• Advertisement

Maybe that could be our Christmas challenge, we’ll collaborate on writing a new Christmas song. I’d manage lyrics but does anyone play instruments ?

HALF WAY THERE, HALF WAY THERE!!!!!:)

Happy Rudolph Day Guys, such a tough week in work, the only thing Christmassy I will be doing this evening is having a beer.

HALF WAY THERE, HALF WAY THERE!!!!!:)

Happy Rudolph Day Guys, such a tough week in work, the only thing Christmassy I will be doing this evening is having a beer.

Busy week as well so this kinda snuck up on me!

Tomorrow would have been daughters last day in school so we are going to have a small party (just the 5 of us) at home to celebrate. Will try to get something Christmasy into it :) Better late then never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy Rudolph Day :) I think I might watch Christmas with the Kranks on netflix this evening - if it's still there!

leahyl wrote: »
    Happy Rudolph Day :) I think I might watch Christmas with the Kranks on netflix this evening - if it's still there!

It's still there :)

Krampus was added to Netflix today. I haven't watched it so please don't take that as a recommendation :pac:

I plan on doing a little online shopping this evening as a little treat in honour of Rudolph day.. that's my excuse anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭kitten_k

100947246_3110142532340292_2725399148676251648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=1i9-uDBj_wYAX9DTQd7&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e398417a7905efde459039d2ed4e6d65&oe=5F192B9F

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    100947246_3110142532340292_2725399148676251648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=1i9-uDBj_wYAX9DTQd7&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e398417a7905efde459039d2ed4e6d65&oe=5F192B9F

I love it.
    So much I'm nicking it... great work Kitten k!:D

Happy Rudolph Day, everyone! :):)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »

That’s so cute I love it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In America they call June 25th Leon day (Noel backwards) as it’s half way there to Christmas. I love that concept. I was off on the 25th and ended up going for a nice long walk in the sun.

Not very Christmassy. :O

6 down and 5 to go for 2020, we're over the peak and on our descent into the most wonderful time of the year.

• Advertisement

6 down and 5 to go for 2020, we're over the peak and on our descent into the most wonderful time of the year.

Just a reminder to everyone that tomorrow is Rudolph day no.7 for 2020 & its on a Saturday... yay!! Must get a pair of christmas socks out!!
    We have also decided (well, my son & the Mrs did) that the Christmas pudding we still have from last year, that I was keeping for this year (BB date is March 2021 btw!!) will instead be opened & consumed... and just now I've been informed that my son has already had two servings!!

So after tomorrow there'll just be 4 Rudolph days left before Christmas. Can almost hear the jingle bells in the distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PaulT21

DvB wrote: »
    Just a reminder to everyone that tomorrow is Rudolph day no.7 for 2020 & its on a Saturday... yay!! Must get a pair of christmas socks out!!
    We have also decided (well, my son & the Mrs did) that the Christmas pudding we still have from last year, that I was keeping for this year (BB date is March 2021 btw!!) will instead be opened & consumed... and just now I've been informed that my son has already had two servings!!

So after tomorrow there'll just be 4 Rudolph days left before Christmas. Can almost hear the jingle bells in the distance.

Thats all great motivational writing my friend:D That also reminds me of my own pudding, still safely tucked away in case everything goes pear shaped between now and then:(

The 'Christmas cupboard' got raided earlier for our hols, tin of biscuits, booze and sweet all liberated :D

Happy Rudolph day!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Polish-20200725-112158373.jpg

Oops, completely forgot, hope everyone had a happy Rudolph day :)

Hope everyone had a good 25th! :)

I wore Christmas socks, which was the extent of it, really! :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    Hope everyone had a good 25th! :)

I wore Christmas socks, which was the extent of it, really! :pac:

Ditto.
    Though we did sort the first of the pressies for the kids too...

Oops, completely forgot, hope everyone had a happy Rudolph day :)

Completely forgot this one as well. At least will be the 25th again before we know it!

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    Completely forgot this one as well. At least will be the 25th again before we know it!

3 weeks today, = no time at all!

Quick heads up to anyone interested that tomorrow is our 4th last Rudolph day of the year... so have those socks ready folks ;)

Happy Rudolph day guys. Hope all have a good one. As on leave treating myself this week food wise so turkey and cranberry sandwich on the cards at some stage :)

Quick heads up to anyone interested that tomorrow is our 4th last Rudolph day of the year... so have those socks ready folks ;)

Don't have any Christmas socks so am wearing a pair of reindeer wunderpants to mark the day :D

Happy Rudolph Day everyone, the excitement is definitely starting to build up!

Don't have any Christmas socks so am wearing a pair of reindeer wunderpants to mark the day :D

Happy Rudolph Day everyone, the excitement is definitely starting to build up!

Wearing Snowflake underpants myself haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Damn I forgot!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Damn I forgot!

You still have time:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I will throw on my christmas boxers when I am home

z3u8Cmf.jpg

Remember nicking this from someone a couple of months ago. Think we should adopt it in here as our traditional rudolph day image!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Rudolph-Sand-Art.jpg

Happy Rudolph Day Everyone!

I've my fluffy Christmas socks on, it's absolutely pouring rain outside, and the fur balls are napping in the living room, a picture of coziness :) no turkey in the house, but will have a hot chocolate later.

Some Christmas wrapping ordered on ebay arrived today not long before we will be in full swing for (covid) christmas 2020

HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY, ALL. :D

I took the day off work, as my dog had an appointment with her stylist. I'm chilling out now, watching the miserable weather, and could swear that it was November!

Posy wrote: »
    HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY, ALL. :D

I took the day off work, as my dog had an appointment with her stylist. I'm chilling out now, watching the miserable weather, and could swear that it was November!

Good idea!

I’ve booked the next Rudolph day off and it’s a Friday too so long weekend!

Miserable weather today Definitely longing for Christmas today.

Loughc wrote: »
    Good idea!

I’ve booked the next Rudolph day off and it’s a Friday too so long weekend!

Miserable weather today Definitely longing for Christmas today.

Enjoy your day off tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

Rudolph day eve
    Only 2 more left after tomorrow can I put my tree up now

bmwfan wrote: »
    Rudolph day eve

Put it up whenever you fancy it, its one of the few freedoms we have atm.

Enjoy your day off tomorrow :)

For once I have time to plan something for Rudolph Day tomorrow. I'm going to pick up some festive treats in the supermarket, throw on a Christmas Movie and order a takeaway.

Rudolph day eve

Only 3 more to go :eek:

Thank God this year has flown so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kattunge

Kids in my class are going to get a kick out of it being Rudolph Day today. The staff and parents will think I’m bonkers but it’s nice to be celebrating anything at the moment. Would it be pushing it to sing the Rudolph song in SEPTEMBER? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement