Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Got Kessie done, now back to the Mendy grind but a bit of a struggle as my French players are not the best.

Spent some time opening packs trying to net some high rated players to do the Perisic SBC - nothing spectacular but got TOTW’s Anderson Talisca 85 and Kolorov 86, McGuire OTW 86, Ter Stegen 90 and Giminez 85 to help with it

Found the 82-88 ones to be great value.. only 7 gold players required. Think I opened 3 of them last night.. 2x 85 and 1x 83. Could easily craft Perisic and others by rinsing into that SBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Found the 82-88 ones to be great value.. only 7 gold players required. Think I opened 3 of them last night.. 2x 85 and 1x 83. Could easily craft Perisic and others by rinsing into that SBC.

Yep been doing that. Still have over 80 packs to open so doing them and dumping any duplicates or low rated players into the 82-88 and the 81+ one. Mind you I got TOTW Talisca and 90 Ter Stegen from a two rare pack

Just checked my fodder in club too... Gnabry going for 16k, Sancho for 17k and Higuain for 22k. Mad prices. Higuain was only 12k a day or two ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just checked my fodder in club too... Gnabry going for 16k, Sancho for 17k and Higuain for 22k. Mad prices. Higuain was only 12k a day or two ago!

Higuain’s IF is only 2k dearer, obviously the base is out of packs now but people so blindly follow futbin solutions that they pay that for the base gold rather than using the 86 and allowing themselves lower rated cards elsewhere

Haha jovic won, thank Christ

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Kent didn't win? That's hilarious!! How??? EA rigging the vote I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Kent didn't win? That's hilarious!! How??? EA rigging the vote I think!

I think everyone just thought no way am I voting Kent...and gave it to Jovic as the least toxic vote.
    He could fit into my team nicely now.

I seen polls with over 100,000 votes and Kent won by a landslide.

Hard to imagine how he didn’t win.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I seen polls with over 100,000 votes and Kent won by a landslide.

Hard to imagine how he didn’t win.

well thank god EA actually rigged a vote once for the good of everyone.

Ah it’s grand anyway... we’ll get him in futties 100% :pac: or there will be one final “losers vote” SBC.

• Advertisement

They did upgrade Jovic's SM to 4*. Kent would've been 5*5* they'll deffo release him at some stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I actually chose Musa for nostalgia sakes.

I'd worry what you have is the hardcore internet fans loving how "meta" Kent is, but the vast majority of casual players going "Who? Nah, i'll choose the guy from Real Madrid!"

Lord TSC wrote: »

I'd worry what you have is the hardcore internet fans loving how "meta" Kent is, but the vast majority of casual players going "Who? Nah, i'll choose the guy from Real Madrid!"

And that's probably it. The hardcore base is extremely small, most users are casuals so would have said Real Madrid...yep I'll take that lad over a crap league card whos only 77.

I'm tempted to do Jovic as it will allow me to pair FB Griezemann behind him...although tots Benzema is a beast. Keeps getting bloody injured though.

I do want to try out that Kessie card so much though.

I had his birthday card in fifa18 and it was a crazy card.
    I had looked at it last week and thinking thank god it wasn't in fifa20 this year.
    And I also had Kessie's otw card and was wondering how he was getting on this year and then his sh card popped up.
    Then I saw Musa and was thinking oh god no.

The Jovic card was first pick, so casuals would just press X and be on their way not caring. Still, how many people playing in June are casuals??

Blazer wrote: »
    I do want to try out that Kessie card so much though.

Going to try him out tonight, should be an upgrade on storyline Thorsby although he has been a stalwart for me to be fair, the unsung hero who allows Ronaldo, Dybala and Mertens to do their thing

Hogey007 wrote: »
    So right on cue, fifa content is really fun and rewarding, Jamie fut economist back tweeting, new notes on how the servers are going to be much better......classic ea :)

A month or so of non stop packing special cards and the last 8 months or so are quickly forgotten.

https://twitter.com/eafifadirect/status/1274105219945648128?s=21

Jamie fut economist with 3 fifa info tweets in 3 days now.
    He had 3 fifa info tweets in the previous 3 months prior to that.

So so easy to predict their tactics. Watch pack weight improve massively over next few weeks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Going to try him out tonight, should be an upgrade on storyline Thorsby although he has been a stalwart for me to be fair, the unsung hero who allows Ronaldo, Dybala and Mertens to do their thing

I threw Thorsby into the Ultimate SCB last week as I wasn't using him as much. Class card though, he'd never let you down.

Finally got the 89 Mendy... afk’d about 17 games and only in division 6.

Played 2 or 3 games with the 89 at CAM and my players feel like they’re running with weights attached to them. Still manage to score/assist but then for some reason my defence forget how to play and I concede. Conceded twice in the 90th for a draw. Sat at 0 progress so I’ll continue tomorrow and hope my players play to their actual stats. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Afk stands fir what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Liamalone wrote: »
    Afk stands fir what?

Away from keyboard. In the FIFA sense it means leaving your controller up against something so as not to get kicked off for inactivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Away from keyboard. In the FIFA sense it means leaving your controller up against something so as not to get kicked off for inactivity.

Ah ha. Ta

Tryna decide who I want to but next.. TOTS KDB/TOTS CR7/HL Neymar/TOTS Messi? Anyone any ideas? They’ll be playing CAM/ST in a 41212(2) beside Ben Yedder.

Tryna decide who I want to but next.. TOTS KDB/TOTS CR7/HL Neymar/TOTS Messi? Anyone any ideas? They’ll be playing CAM/ST in a 41212(2) beside Ben Yedder.

Definitely recommend TOTSSF Ronaldo as I’ve only used him and none of the others. His shooting, pace and strength are unreal and he’ll put away most chances.

Good dilemma to have though in having to choose between all those players

Definitely recommend TOTSSF Ronaldo as I’ve only used him and none of the others. His shooting, pace and strength are unreal and he’ll put away most chances.

Good dilemma to have though in having to choose between all those players

All thanks to packing prime Butra! He’s still yet to sell tho and seems to still be dropping. Ronaldo is at 3.8m atm which would just about allow me to pick up TOTS Dybala to play at CAM for the links.

All thanks to packing prime Butra! He’s still yet to sell tho and seems to still be dropping. Ronaldo is at 3.8m atm which would just about allow me to pick up TOTS Dybala to play at CAM for the links.

I managed to pack TOTSSF Dybala so have him up front with Ronaldo and they are a decent partnership. Did think about playing Dybala at CAM but got decent options there so just left it. Getting the Kessie objective done last night should help with the defensive side of things behind all the attackers.

I'm not finding the crosses with Mendy hard. I already use the low driven cross normally, and Mendy is so good that he's constantly getting into position for them.

But god, I'm finding the long shot ones an issue. Both for Mendy and Kessie. I'm nearly throwing games and just putting everything on a high press from the off just to take shot after shot, lol.

I'm not finding the crosses with Mendy hard. I already use the low driven cross normally, and Mendy is so good that he's constantly getting into position for them.

But god, I'm finding the long shot ones an issue. Both for Mendy and Kessie. I'm nearly throwing games and just putting everything on a high press from the off just to take shot after shot, lol.

Are you doing the Kessie long shot on rivals or squad battles? Definitely easier to do in squad battles - just find an opponent on low chemistry and an outfield player in goal.

Are you doing the Kessie long shot on rivals or squad battles? Definitely easier to do in squad battles - just find an opponent on low chemistry and an outfield player in goal.

Rivals.

I've been doing him at the same time as Mendy. Have TOTS SMS in my squad, and Alberto and Lukaku as subs. If I don't have him done by the time I get Mendy done, I'll switch over.

Mendy needing a long shot goal too means it's as easy (in theory) to try and combine them (even if they need different types of players).

• Advertisement

you do know its an outside the box shot? just finesse it in dude :)
    Finessed goals outside the box are classed as long shots :D
    easy peasey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement