Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The Brazil - Fazenda Sertão (my favourite - would absolutely reorder on a regular basis!) and the Colombia - Finca El Nivel - also excellent. I like a nice rich, chocolately coffee mind you, not one for the citrusy ones!

Got a sample of the Peru and it was very nice too - slightly preferred the two I ordered though.

I'm going to try these guys out. Seems to be a good bit of word for them. How long did delivery take take?

Assume they roast to order, or once a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'm going to try these guys out. Seems to be a good bit of word for them. How long did delivery take take?

Every time I've ordered from WCC it's been at most 2-3 days after. He roasts on a regular basis earlier on in the week.

Although currently the postal system is a mess, it might be a bit longer, but that's the same with basically anything at the moment.

Just got 3 bags, delighted with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I may have just got lucky but ordered the 23rd, the roast date was the 24th March and arrived on the 25th! I imagine there may be courier delays at the moment that are worse than when I ordered, but even with a few extra days it would be fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

@Caviardreams,

Ordered .

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Just wondering if anyone has tried the ariosa coffee subscription?
    One 500g bag per month for 6 months is 90 quid.

Got delivery today from WCC. They threw in a handmade bar of dark chocolate. Roast date was yesterday. Ordered Sunday evening. Very quick delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I see Indigo and Cloth have a Lychee Process coffee from Nomad on their website. Very tempted but I've way too much in the freezer at the moment and €32 for 200g is a bit pricey for an anaerobic.

mad m wrote: »
    Got delivery today from WCC. They threw in a handmade bar of dark chocolate. Roast date was yesterday. Ordered Sunday evening. Very quick delivery.

What did you go for? Let us know how it goes - I need a refill next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Is there a list of Irish roasters anywhere that sell online?

I would like to support small irish business as much as possible right now.

Thanks.

Is there a list of Irish roasters anywhere that sell online?

I would like to support small irish business as much as possible right now.

Thanks.

There's probably a few missing off the list but here's a fair few:

Full Circle
    Upside
    Ponaire
    West Cork Coffee
    3fe
    Silverskin
    Roasted Brown
    Ariosa
    Baobab
    Badger and Dodo
    Bell Lane
    Cloud Picker
    Imbibe
    Red Rooster
    Craft Coffee
    Two Spots
    Urbanity
    9th Degree
    McCabes
    Two Fifty Square

Root and Branch (Belfast)
    Bailies (Belfast)

• Advertisement

What did you go for? Let us know how it goes - I need a refill next week!

I went for the Brazil - Fazenda Sertão .

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Full Circle
    Upside
    Ponaire
    West Cork Coffee
    3fe
    Silverskin
    Roasted Brown
    Ariosa
    Baobab
    Badger and Dodo
    Bell Lane
    Cloud Picker
    Imbibe
    Red Rooster
    Craft Coffee
    Two Spots
    Urbanity
    9th Degree
    McCabes
    Two Fifty Square

Bailies (Belfast)

To add to this. If you buy Coffee Angel, you're by extension supporting Bailies who roast their beans or so I've been told by 3 of their baristas at different times.

Weepsie wrote: »
    To add to this. If you buy Coffee Angel, you're by extension supporting Bailies who roast their beans or so I've been told by 3 of their baristas at different times.

Yep few different places doing their own labelling on roasters stuff, Bear Market do the same with Silverskin I think.

Soma is another one I left off the list, forgot they roast their own too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Yep few different places doing their own labelling on roasters stuff, Bear Market do the same with Silverskin I think.

Soma is another one I left off the list, forgot they roast their own too.

Wow. That's brilliant. Thanks so much, it's great to see so many on the list. Let's hope they all get a share.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

I went for the Brazil - Fazenda Sertão .

I went for these beans as well.

They also threw in a small sample of Tano Ndogo beans from Kenya which were delicious!

fergpie wrote: »
    I went for these beans as well.

They also threw in a small sample of Tano Ndogo beans from Kenya which were delicious!

Don't see the kenyan bean on the site... might give this one a try when I order next week: https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/eugenia-nohemy-diaz as well as replenishing my stock of the Brazilian bean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

dreambeanscoffee.com is the online sales arm of Greenbean Coffee Roasters in Dundalk. They currently have a mix and match buy any 4 bags and pay for 3. The cheapest one will be free. Some excellent 2 Star Great Taste Award coffees there too. Free delivery over €30.

Full Circle
    Upside
    Ponaire
    West Cork Coffee
    3fe
    Silverskin
    Roasted Brown
    Ariosa
    Baobab
    Badger and Dodo
    Bell Lane
    Cloud Picker
    Imbibe
    Red Rooster
    Craft Coffee
    Two Spots
    Urbanity
    9th Degree
    McCabes
    Two Fifty Square

Bailies (Belfast)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

https://www.stonevalleyroasters.com/

Based in Clonakilty, Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭dball

bean in Dingle also started roasting this year

https://www.beanindingle.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

dball wrote: »
    bean in Dingle also started roasting this year

https://www.beanindingle.com/

Tried them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭dball

I've had their house blend a few times at the cafe - i liked it "An Fear Mearbh." chocolate/caramel vibe

They do small runs of different blends every month or 2. not sure what their current stock is like with the current situation. Always seem to have at least 2 or 3 selections available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Balmed Out wrote: »
    https://www.stonevalleyroasters.com/

Based in Clonakilty, Cork

As much as I love Stone Valley, they seem to be pricing themselves out when compared to other roasters based in West Cork alone. Taking the three I know and comparing their prices for a 1KG bag of wholebean Brazilian Coffee:
    SV coffee is seriously good, but I just find it hard to justify the price over the other two..

Got a couple of bags from Cloud Picker. Not that impressed.

I might try Dreambeans that someone posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Danger781 wrote: »
    As much as I love Stone Valley, they seem to be pricing themselves out when compared to other roasters based in West Cork alone. Taking the three I know and comparing their prices for a 1KG bag of wholebean Brazilian Coffee:
    SV coffee is seriously good, but I just find it hard to justify the price over the other two..

Any recommendations for red strand, looked at website and realise I know the guy who runs it so when my gear arrives I'd prefer to support him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Any recommendations for red strand, looked at website and realise I know the guy who runs it so when my gear arrives I'd prefer to support him.

I'd be all over the Burundi's there, looks like they have 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Got a couple of bags from Cloud Picker. Not that impressed.

I might try Dreambeans that someone posted.

Interested to know why you weren't impressed? Were they the same coffee or a selection, were they stale, poorly roasted?

I'm interested as I have some on the way... Not that I know how to get the best out of it yet, but I'd like to know what I'm dealing with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

I love Red Strand. I’ve tried a few and they’re all excellent.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Interested to know why you weren't impressed? Were they the same coffee or a selection, were they stale, poorly roasted?

I'm interested as I have some on the way... Not that I know how to get the best out of it yet, but I'd like to know what I'm dealing with.

Just all a bit meh. Roast date stated middle of April so relatively fresh. Got the Brazilian and the Burundi. Neither blew me away.

Used both French press and espresso.

Got two bags from Upside for a change, got the Brazil Mantiquiera Mountains, one a darker "classic espresso" roast and the other a more standard medium roast.

The dark one is gorgeous with milk, definitely more on the chocolate side of things, wasn't a massive fan of it as straight espresso but I normally wouldn't drink dark roasts straight anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Are the prices quoted on their webpage already including the discount do you know? Already very expensive at 10-12 euros for 227g!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

My coffee was shipped yesterday, arrived today... but roast date is 21st April. Should that be correct?

My coffee was shipped yesterday, arrived today... but roast date is 21st April. Should that be correct?

Similar with me. Expected it to be close to date of my order which in a lot places it would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

They may be only roasting one day a week, remember their biggest customers are all closed, cafés

rickyjb wrote: »
    Are the prices quoted on their webpage already including the discount do you know? Already very expensive at 10-12 euros for 227g!

Yes they are - when you select the quantity and grind the old price displays. To be fair that's standard pricing for single origin. Plus the 1kg bags are much better value - 1kg of single origin for €29 is very good value especially with free shipping on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

rickyjb wrote: »

My last order from Adam's and Russell works out at €5.26 per 250g including shipping.

cnocbui wrote: »
    My last order from Adam's and Russell works out at €5.26 per 250g including shipping.

IMO the single plantation range is more comparable to true single origin with a lot of other roasters - so 3 for £21 is a fairer comparison. A&S single origin is not really what most would mean by single origin - i.e. the same estate.

I do take your point it's still cheaper though, but I haven't tried it myself. €10-12 per 250g bag would be common for single origin (i.e. single plantation) however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

J_E wrote: »
    Every time I've ordered from WCC it's been at most 2-3 days after. He roasts on a regular basis earlier on in the week.

Although currently the postal system is a mess, it might be a bit longer, but that's the same with basically anything at the moment.

Just got 3 bags, delighted with them.

Cheers for all of your tips guys, including Slattsy, natch.

Ordered 2 bags from WCC to give them a whirl. Looking forward to tasting it now when it gets here. Probably Tuesday I'd wager.

Cheers for all of your tips guys, including Slattsy, natch.

Ordered 2 bags from WCC to give them a whirl. Looking forward to tasting it now when it gets here. Probably Tuesday I'd wager.

What did you go for? I just reordered some yesterday - went for the El Salvador and the Innovation Series Hydro as a treat :-) Sounds interesting!

What did you go for? I just reordered some yesterday - went for the El Salvador and the Innovation Series Hydro as a treat :-) Sounds interesting!

Just the Brazilian (Fazenda Sertão) based on the descriptions on here as well as the East Timorese which sounds up my street based on the WCC description.

Free delivery is not to be sniffed at neither.

Just the Brazilian (Fazenda Sertão) based on the descriptions on here as well as the East Timorese which sounds up my street based on the WCC description.

Free delivery is not to be sniffed at neither.

Oh the Brazilian is fabulous! Was tempted to go for it again but thought I'd try something different. Enjoy.

• Advertisement

I'll get another few days out of the beans I have, will await updates on the WCC fan club before pulling the trigger there.

I actually wanted to get some Badger and Dodo and reading through here made me take the plunge on WCC.

I actually wanted to get some Badger and Dodo and reading through here made me take the plunge on WCC.

I usually spread my business around a few places: Bell Lane, Badger & Dodo and Bailies mainly, but the WCC offer at 20% and free shipping is too good to pass up atm imo! Will be back to the others soon no doubt but WCC will also be in the rotation for sure :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭EletricMan

Hi guys, just got my first coffee machine. It's a delonghi etam29510b. What grind bean do I need for this machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

EletricMan wrote: »
    Hi guys, just got my first coffee machine. It's a delonghi etam29510b. What grind bean do I need for this machine?

That's a bean to cup machine, so you'll just need to buy whole beans. All the best with it!

Ordered a kilo of the Brazilian from WCC. Looking forward to it now - thanks for all the info above folks.

God everyone is going for the Brazilian - I will feel personally responsible now if it doesn't go down well - won't be able to show myself in the forum again! :o:o

I haven't had a bad recommendation here yet :)

I usually spread my business around a few places: Bell Lane, Badger & Dodo and Bailies mainly, but the WCC offer at 20% and free shipping is too good to pass up atm imo! Will be back to the others soon no doubt but WCC will also be in the rotation for sure :-)

Seems the local coffee shop (which I tend to avoid as I hate the atmosphere and their tiny cups) has Imbibe Colombia, Kenya and Rwanda as well as 3fe Passeio, Decaf and one in a pink bag I can't make out from the photo.

I know the 3fe well. What's Imbibe like?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

WCC - The difference in value between the 227g and the 1KG is huge. I'd normally go for 2 or 3 smaller bags but you really have to go with the 1KG in this instance.

And this Brazillian coffee had better be good :)

Picked up some Kalita filters too.

Advertisement