Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 PDC World Darts Championship (inc. schedule of play in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Andrew00 wrote:
    Think so. The last few years she’d interview all the dart players after the games bar Phil Taylor. She’d interview his opponent but didn’t want to interview Taylor. Probably because he’s a known rapist/creep among the darting community haha

I think that was because Taylor was an absolute prick with her when she did a post match interview with him in the grand slam

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Putting Barney in the PL is a kick in the teeth to every player who works every day on the tour. Absolutely pathetic.
    I know it’s all about the bottom line before everyone has a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Really not excited for the premier league at all tbh. Might just watch the odd night and tune in again closer to Blackpool and the Grand Prix.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

hawkwing wrote: »
    Rumour has it John Henderson is giving her one but it's only a rumour:confused:

LOL....Henderson looks like the cave troll in lord of the rings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Really not excited for the premier league at all tbh. Might just watch the odd night and tune in again closer to Blackpool and the Grand Prix.
    The PL actually puts me off watching darts on tv. The same players week in week out with every match when taken individually 99% of the time totally meaningless,like Taylor losing the first 4 weeks i think one year but i think he ended up in the semi. But it is a money cash cow and serves it purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Andrew00 wrote: »
    The filth and dirt i’d do to Laura Woods

Good clean regular sex would be just fine for me I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

hawkwing wrote: »
    So it's dancing with the stars and operation transformation now that the darts are over for January:(

The pick and shovel BDO darts is starting soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Healio wrote: »
    Hearn at pains to point out it was a "sky pick" :pac:

Yeah surely if Sky picked Barney for “entertainment” they’d stick in Jackpot instead of Mensur for their other pick :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭sc86

i put sky on mute and put on talksport for commentry - regret no doing it for rest of event

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bassy

sc86 wrote: »
    i put sky on mute and put on talksport for commentry - regret no doing it for rest of event

how did you get it in sync ?.

• Advertisement

worst worlds since 2008

barry hearn said on talksport that sky picked barney and if it was up to him he wouldnt be in
    said it makes no odds to revenue as tickets already sold and tv deals already done

bassy wrote: »
    how did you get it in sync ?.

took about a minute of pause and play but got it easy enough
    radio was bit behind live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

A very average World Champs the right guy won miles better than the rest but something about MVG I just cant take to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,329 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MVG is all about darts. Every dart he throws is extremely important to him, he lives every throw. It's not great viewing because he dominates so often and he is miles ahead and pumping his fist regularly.
    We are watching a genius at work.
    I don't really like it myself but you have to respect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I actually think the monkey is off his back with no3 in the bag..

3 world titles,not yet 30,over 100 titles pdc, Smith is similar age , around the tour the same amount of time ,yet miles behind mvg..

He's a freak in the best way,got me back watching darts after years of Taylor having no Challenger's,the way he did it..mega scores and averages constantly,scared the big boys silly, culminating in the 17 perfect darts ..my Lord ..I just felt that this guy could literally do 9/10/11/12 dart legs every time he hit the oche.

Different gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Just came across this. A 17 year old Van Gerwen throwing his first televised 9 darter in a match against... Barney. Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He says hes going to practice a lot more this year because he wants to win more. Scary.

I actually think the monkey is off his back with no3 in the bag..

3 world titles,not yet 30,over 100 titles pdc, Smith is similar age , around the tour the same amount of time ,yet miles behind mvg..

He's a freak in the best way,got me back watching darts after years of Taylor having no Challenger's,the way he did it..mega scores and averages constantly,scared the big boys silly, culminating in the 17 perfect darts ..my Lord ..I just felt that this guy could literally do 9/10/11/12 dart legs every time he hit the oche.

Different gravy

mvg was on the tour about 6 or 7 years before smith ?

mvg was on the tour about 6 or 7 years before smith ?

MvG an Smith both on tour since 2008. Was surprised to read that. Mvg played BDO for a few years though. Won the Winmau World Masters in 2006.

Smith hit the highest ever average beating mvg in the 2012 world youth final. Think he averaged 132 but only over 4 legs

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MVG had a very slow start to his PDC World Championship career
    2008: First round (lost to Phil Taylor 2–3)
    2009: Second round (lost to Phil Taylor 0–4)
    2010: Second round (lost to James Wade 2–4)
    2011: First round (lost to Mensur Suljović 1–3)
    2012: Third round (lost to Simon Whitlock 3–4)
    2013: Runner-up (lost to Phil Taylor 4–7)

2014: Winner (beat Peter Wright 7–4)
    2015: Semi-finals (lost to Gary Anderson 3–6)
    2016: Third round (lost to Raymond van Barneveld 3–4)
    2017: Winner (beat Gary Anderson 7–3)
    2018: Semi-finals (lost to Rob Cross 5–6)
    2019: Winner (beat Michael Smith 7–3)

• Advertisement

MvG an Smith both on tour since 2008. Was surprised to read that. Mvg played BDO for a few years though. Won the Winmau World Masters in 2006.

Smith hit the highest ever average beating mvg in the 2012 world youth final. Think he averaged 132 but only over 4 legs

mvg was playing a much higher level than smith
    smith didnt play in pdc major till 2009 and that was only 1st round uk open
    mvg was winning majors in bdo in 2006

mvg was playing a much higher level than smith
    smith didnt play in pdc major till 2009 and that was only 1st round uk open
    mvg was winning majors in bdo in 2006

Twas Smith who bet him in world junior final too :)

yes after mvg left the adult tour because he was gone so bad and went on youth tour

PTH2009 wrote: »
    MVG had a very slow start to his PDC World Championship career
    2008: First round (lost to Phil Taylor 2–3)
    2009: Second round (lost to Phil Taylor 0–4)
    2010: Second round (lost to James Wade 2–4)
    2011: First round (lost to Mensur Suljović 1–3)
    2012: Third round (lost to Simon Whitlock 3–4)
    2013: Runner-up (lost to Phil Taylor 4–7)

2014: Winner (beat Peter Wright 7–4)
    2015: Semi-finals (lost to Gary Anderson 3–6)
    2016: Third round (lost to Raymond van Barneveld 3–4)
    2017: Winner (beat Gary Anderson 7–3)
    2018: Semi-finals (lost to Rob Cross 5–6)
    2019: Winner (beat Michael Smith 7–3)

jasus he didnt have much luck with the draw for a few years did he

yes after mvg left the adult tour because he was gone so bad and went on youth tour

Couldn't hit a double to save his life when younger,like Anderson and chisnall, chizzy still can't.. one big win and it all changed for mvg and ando

was the grand prix again mervin king - where crowd turned on king - that turned his darting life around

was the grand prix again mervin king - where crowd turned on king - that turned his darting life around

VanGerwen said before it was changing his walk on music that got him going. The crowd singing ohhhh Michael van gerweeen gave him his confidence .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

MvG has not aged well, hard to believe he's 29

I think he's looking better this year than the last two,looks to have lost weight. Can see Smith as a world champion no prob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Interesting quotes from Smith after the final
    Someone asked Smith if the right man had won. He shook his head. "It's annoying, because I know if I turn up, I'm a better player than Michael," he said. "Michael isn't the best player out there. He might be world No 1, but he's not. I'm just waiting for that one big win, and as soon as I get that, you best watch out. I'll take him from that No 1 perch. When I do get it, it's the end for him."

I think Smith needs to do his talking on the stage.

Advertisement