Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend photos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Finally remembered to take a couple of pics to share. This was Friday evening on Lower Lough Erne, just off Castle Archdale, with Inishmakill on the left, and Crevinishshaughy on the right in the 2nd pic.

2fxCoB0.jpg

MxZV4u0.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Need to get a bigger computer. :) I got chased out of Athlone :D

36814477_10209103224256095_6238808827756544000_n_zpsgfnxsiae.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭nokiatom

sogood wrote: »
    Nothing too exotic, but almost Mediterranean with this great weather. A view down Kenmare bay looking towards the Atlantic.
    I think its upside down!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not quite the weekend....but....

Saw the weather this morning and took a very long lunch!

One the best (i.e. nicest/sunniest and with a really decent wind) days sailing this season!

RKqnxyFm.jpg

fePypBNm.jpg

rPY1jqRm.jpg

V52sCSqm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I had a hard weekend :D

20180901_194713_zpsw0w94vhl.jpg

Howth 17s Sunday morning

20180902_110542.jpg

20180902_113353.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

Hello Fergal ... did you ever find that boat that sank ???

Hello Fergal ... did you ever find that boat that sank ???

Check out the sticky for updates https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963665&page=42

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

it,s an awfull shame it was a lovely boat and hand built ....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Passed the Mermaids out of Rush out racing today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

A couple of pics from a fabulous weekend racing in sunny Ibiza

Numbers 1 and 3, waiting for wind to get a start.

Number 2, coming in to the most spetacular (and spectacularly timed) finish line I ever remember, right underneath Ibiza old town and castle.

">dZZKRkD.jpg

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/Ro4QMrX.jpg[/img]"]Ro4QMrX.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/27VYBWl.jpg[/img]"]27VYBWl.jpg[/URL]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    A couple of pics from a fabulous weekend racing in sunny Ibiza

Numbers 1 and 3, waiting for wind to get a start.
    Looks fab HH, so jealous!

Curious, whats all the knitting tied to the inner in the last pic?

Spare spinny halyard or something?

Steve wrote: »
    Looks fab HH, so jealous!

Curious, whats all the knitting tied to the inner in the last pic?

Spare spinny halyard or something?
    A courtesy flag halyard that kept making a break for freedom and getting tangled in things!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

A courtesy flag halyard that kept making a break for freedom and getting tangled in things!

Looks like 6mil dynema, must be some size flag!! :D:D

Looks like 6mil dynema, must be some size flag!! :D:D
    Nah, bit of badly-behaved red twine :D

Someone was very Optimistic about letting the kids out for mid term sailing in howth yesterday

20181031-134526.jpg"

First spin of the year :) What a cracking day for it.

48976782_1943631422380911_8629804438401318912_n_zpsy9ajg5uw.jpg

That looks like something from a horror movie Ferg!! :D:D

• Advertisement

Looks like I missed a breezy one!!

But a winning one..... well done!!!

But a winning one..... well done!!!

Ha, have another look at the results... :P First race was good, latest one was awful.

Would be better off playing tennis...

Ha, have another look at the results... :P First race was good, latest one was awful.

Would be better off playing tennis...
    Doh, obv opened the handicap sheet instead of the results :o

Tennis in that wind wasn't very successful either!!

(sorry for dragging the pics thread o/t!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

In the same way that I hate to see a car/house/whatever abandoned and neglected, a boat in bother pulls at my heart strings also. This little sea Hog, (I think) was one such boat in the canal alongside the Corrib in Galway that I spotted over Patricks' weekend. it's neighbour seemed to be sitting a little bit low in the stern and I hoped it wasn't going the same way.

sogood wrote: »
    In the same way that I hate to see a car/house/whatever abandoned and neglected, a boat in bother pulls at my heart strings also. This little sea Hog, (I think) was one such boat in the canal alongside the Corrib in Galway that I spotted over Patricks' weekend. it's neighbour seemed to be sitting a little bit low in the stern and I hoped it wasn't going the same way.

That's so sad.

Glorious weekend for it, and due to Saturday & Sunday being taken up by birthdays and Easter etc... finally persuaded herself to come out yesterday for the 1st spin of the year.
    Didn't look too appealing when we arrived at the marina as it was blowing 15-18 kts (inexperienced OH & 4yo child), but by the time I'd filled a can of diesel, it seemed to quieten down a little, so we headed out as far as the safe water mark and dropped the hook, and had lunch in some lovely sunshine and only about 5 kts of light breeze.

Summer has officially begun.... now back to the rain!!

Glorious weekend for it, and due to Saturday & Sunday being taken up by birthdays and Easter etc... finally persuaded herself to come out yesterday for the 1st spin of the year.
    Didn't look too appealing when we arrived at the marina as it was blowing 15-18 kts (inexperienced OH & 4yo child), but by the time I'd filled a can of diesel, it seemed to quieten down a little, so we headed out as far as the safe water mark and dropped the hook, and had lunch in some lovely sunshine and only about 5 kts of light breeze.

Summer has officially begun.... now back to the rain!!

Would ya not take the fenders in ffs... :D:D

Spent yesterday in the bilges trying to find the end of a compass light wire... was a lovely day for it tho.:D

I actually did have them on deck at least but when I pulled anchor I just kicked them back out there and then so they’d be ready!!

But yeah my fender etiquette has gone to pit since I’ve been sailing again!!

• Advertisement

Went around to my old stomping ground of Poolbeg on Sunday for the blessing of the boats.

Went up river past the East Link, but the Samual Beckett bridge couldn't open due to a fault, so did a few laps and then back down river.

Furthest trip by far so far for herself & the little fella. And a lot more wind on the day than was forecasted. 17-20 kts on the beam on the way back, but then a lovely run from the Bailey up to Malahide.

Advertisement