Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamewek 28 Transfers

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Have 2 Fts
    Looking like
    Pickford
    Lingard
    Alonso
    Out for -4

In: who knows

* With Chelsea having Utd and Chelsea in next 2 and his price likely to drop. Then buy him back on WC depending on their doubles.

I might go down to a defender at 4.5 or less and then upgrade Lingard to a nailed on premium MF.

Have a bad feeling I'm going to end up being left with Pickford for another week. To avoid the -4.
    And if I do I'll probably keep him until the gw31 blanks.
    I really do not want to own him :(

*I meant City.:o

After news of Jones being a doubt and his fixture this week, Alonso stays for now.

Ended up doing
    Jones to Roberston
    Lingard to Doucoure

PickFRAUD lives to fight another week. :(

I've somehow managed to have 8 players for GW31 so far
    9 including injured RLC
    2x Pool
    2x Watford
    2x Bournemouth
    1x Everton
    1x Stoke
    1x Palace

What a shambled!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

ogbonna garbage to davies...hope he frigging plays now!!

Have done the same. Even if he doesn't play, he'll have scored better than Ogbonna on most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He's Bournemouth top payed player. He's a good striker. He's prob the number one player on the team sheet.
    Fair enough if he gets injured, he very well could but I'm not holding a bench player waiting for that to happen.

I don't think Defoe is in anyway guaranteed to take the spot ahead of Wilson. Defoe has had a lot of appearances coming off the bench and hasn't been the main man at Bournemouth never mind the main striker. Wilson only came back from a serious injury in gw 11 and has started every game bar 3 or 4 since then and regularly completes 90 mins something Defoe has only done once. Defoe coming back does put Wilson mins under threat but its quite likely Wilson will still be the main striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Am I missing something, why is everyone getting rid of Aguero?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Am I missing something, why is everyone getting rid of Aguero?

Fixtures starting to turn, blank on 31, Jesus close to starting again and plus there's a chance that the Thursday match could be cancelled if we do get a bad but of snow.

• Advertisement

I don't think Defoe is in anyway guaranteed to take the spot ahead of Wilson. Defoe has had a lot of appearances coming off the bench and hasn't been the main man at Bournemouth never mind the main striker. Wilson only came back from a serious injury in gw 11 and has started every game bar 3 or 4 since then and regularly completes 90 mins something Defoe has only done once. Defoe coming back does put Wilson mins under threat but its quite likely Wilson will still be the main striker.

I have no stats to back this up but I’ve been watching Defoe all season and imo when he’s been fully fit and available he’s been first choice.

Even when Wilson was first choice and Defoe was on the bench it was because of returning from injury and as soon as Wilson blanked Defoe was in until he got injured again.

That’s my memory of events whilst I was watching it very closely.

I’d expect Defoe to be starting, before the season ends, if he stays injury free.

klopparama wrote: »
    I have no stats to back this up but I’ve been watching Defoe all season and imo when he’s been fully fit and available he’s been first choice.

Even when Wilson was first choice and Defoe was on the bench it was because of returning from injury and as soon as Wilson blanked Defoe was in until he got injured again.

That’s my memory of events whilst I was watching it very closely.

I’d expect Defoe to be starting, before the season ends, if he stays injury free.

7 of defoes 15 appearnces have come from the bench. 3 of wilsons 17 appearances have come off the bench. When both were available you have to remember that wilson was only coming back from a really bad knee injury so it was going to take a while for him to find his ryhthm. Wilson also picked up an injury at this stage. Wilson played 16 mins in gw 10 his first appearance of the season and howe started him then in gw 11 over defoe. I think defoe could well get a run in the team but I think the evidence would say howe really rates wilson and I dont think we can assume defoe will automatically now become first choice again.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Wilson -> Firmino
    Sterling -> Walcott
    Son -> Delofeu

Feels like that could easily backfire but I wanted Firmino, Son's had four blanks and it gives me 2 extra players for GW31 (assuming Spurs don't play). Also, have Ibe and 2 bournemouth felt like overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Sterling/Jones to Mahrez/Davies. Is Aguero to Firmino for -4 mad? I have had a nightmare with Kun, so whatever I do will be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

patmac wrote: »
    Sterling/Jones to Mahrez/Davies. Is Firmino to Aguero for -4 mad? I have had a nightmare with Kun, so whatever I do will be wrong.

Firmino TO Aguero? Yeah, that’s a bit mad to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

I see many getting VVD in. I have Gomez and is close to a drop. Is he out? It'll be a -4 switch for me...

Also, what about Sterling? I saw he's likely to miss the LCup final but shouldn't he be OK, for thursday?

Benimar wrote: »
    Firmino TO Aguero? Yeah, that’s a bit mad to be honest.

Thanks edited now, this is doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Thoughts on this move lads?

Jones, Otamendi, Pogba out
    Daniels, VVD, Mahrez in

(-4)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Thoughts on this move lads?

Jones, Otamendi, Pogba out
    Daniels, VVD, Mahrez in

(-4)
    Personally Mee over Daniels even given the fact that Daniels has a game in GW31

Sterling/Jones to Mahrez/Davies. Is Aguero to Firmino for -4 mad? I have had a nightmare with Kun, so whatever I do will be wrong.

Done, Kun hatty incoming tempted Son to Eriksen for -8. Step away from the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Finally disposed of Masuaku, Maguire in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,004 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Not much happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

SlickRic wrote: »
    Not much happening.
    That’s cos the transfer deadline has passed

7 of defoes 15 appearnces have come from the bench. 3 of wilsons 17 appearances have come off the bench. When both were available you have to remember that wilson was only coming back from a really bad knee injury so it was going to take a while for him to find his ryhthm. Wilson also picked up an injury at this stage. Wilson played 16 mins in gw 10 his first appearance of the season and howe started him then in gw 11 over defoe. I think defoe could well get a run in the team but I think the evidence would say howe really rates wilson and I dont think we can assume defoe will automatically now become first choice again.

I agree he won’t automatically be first choice but I think it will be a coin toss once both are fit and available.

I think whoever performs will keep his place. I won’t be owning either, even though I’d love Defoe as a gamble/differential, due to how competitive that spot is.

klopparama wrote: »
    I agree he won’t automatically be first choice but I think it will be a coin toss once both are fit and available.

I think whoever performs will keep his place. I won’t be owning either, even though I’d love Defoe as a gamble/differential, due to how competitive that spot is.
    I agree on that.Wouldn't sign Wilson now but. Have its a hold

• Advertisement

I agree on that.Wouldn't sign Wilson now but. Have its a hold

Is it though, could be a Matty Philips situation, they scored twice after he went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is it though, could be a Matty Philips situation, they scored twice after he went off.

I'm very worried thus is what will happen
    Yday was a crucial day for him
    And he blanked

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Neoulous wrote: »
    I see many getting VVD in. I have Gomez and is close to a drop. Is he out? It'll be a -4 switch for me...

Also, what about Sterling? I saw he's likely to miss the LCup final but shouldn't he be OK, for thursday?
    Kept both in the end.

Got Firmino & Bavies for Aguero & Jones. Worked great so far with 'Pool not keeping a CS and hoping for Aguero not to run riot on Thursday.

Will have to sort out defense now. 'Pool burned me a lot this season. And Chelsea... I must be cursed. Had Christensen and he got dropped. Then I gave in to Alonso and he gets dropped too and now has tough fixtures. Have no idea who to get now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Wilson hasn't been up to much lately, any other options out there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jamesbere wrote: »
    Wilson hasn't been up to much lately, any other options out there

I'm looking at J Ayew. He's nailed, next 2 fixtures are decent, and Swansea have a decent dgw34. £5.4m

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Last week's thread lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭Shedite27

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm looking at J Ayew. He's nailed, next 2 fixtures are decent, and Swansea have a decent dgw34. £5.4m
    I own him and am convinced he'll be dropped for his brother soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I own him and am convinced he'll be dropped for his brother soon.

Ayew sure?

:cool:

Heh heh heh!

Advertisement