Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Pay in store - quote the code at the till

Dont forget to give them a cheeky wink

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Yes it's 50% off all food gifts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭gazzer

noble00 wrote: »
    Yes it's 50% off all food gifts

Do you have to quote this code at the counter or (if you reserve the items) can you enter the code at the credit card display machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

gazzer wrote: »
    Do you have to quote this code at the counter or (if you reserve the items) can you enter the code at the credit card display machine?

There is nowhere to enter the code in at the machine.
    You must deal with a human :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭gazzer

marcbrophy wrote: »
    There is nowhere to enter the code in at the machine.
    You must deal with a human :)

Ha Ha. I will bring my A game to the till so :):) Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭sadie9

I don't understand how the Argos food50 code works, because there is nowhere to put the code in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

sadie9 wrote: »
    I don't understand how the Argos food50 code works, because there is nowhere to put the code in?

Instore

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

sadie9 wrote: »

When you go to pay at the till- you quote the code and they apply the discount. Don't use the pay yourself terminal- use the cash register.

Avoid the large polar bear cookie jar- I'm bringing 2 back today (when I get a chance) they were broken in the box). Some ecclectic bargains in there- the Ferrero Rocher at half price- would be a no brainer- only looks like they're well and truly gone. Snow globes also seem to be in constraint. My 6 and 7 year olds have their hearts set on them- guess I'll have a bit of a hike at lunchtime- hopefully the traffic isn't as bad as I suspect it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭ablelocks

dyson v6 handheld = 117 euro

is this worth it at this price? - had one a few years ago but the battery died after about 2-3 years so wary of getting another.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

Thanks for the tip Daddy Sharpish inspected the two bears in the shop and they were grand. Delighted with the bargain.
    When you go to pay at the till- you quote the code and they apply the discount. Don't use the pay yourself terminal- use the cash register.

Avoid the large polar bear cookie jar- I'm bringing 2 back today (when I get a chance) they were broken in the box). Some ecclectic bargains in there- the Ferrero Rocher at half price- would be a no brainer- only looks like they're well and truly gone. Snow globes also seem to be in constraint. My 6 and 7 year olds have their hearts set on them- guess I'll have a bit of a hike at lunchtime- hopefully the traffic isn't as bad as I suspect it may be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

ablelocks wrote: »
    dyson v6 handheld = 117 euro

is this worth it at this price? - had one a few years ago but the battery died after about 2-3 years so wary of getting another.

Never had one, would never buy one, Dyson = overpriced, battery = POS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Kuva wrote: »
    Never had one, would never buy one, Dyson = overpriced, battery = POS.

As you have never bought one I suspect you are not qualified to say what they are like. If the battery fails Id be having it replaced free of charge as not being fit for purpose.

As you have never bought one I suspect you are not qualified to say what they are like. If the battery fails Id be having it replaced free of charge as not being fit for purpose.

Li-ion batteries last, on average, 500 charges. This includes partial charges- where you briefly use a product- and then put it back charging again. Typically- a rechargeable item (phone, vacuum- whatever)- has a typical lifespan of 2 years. This does not mean its unfit for purpose- this is a feature of rechargeable products- if you're not happy with it- you really shouldn't buy it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

They have the exact same weight on both- which would lead one to suspect they are simply different colours (despite the price differentials).
    Note- have a look at the reviews- they are pretty scathing- it may very well be the case that you're better off paying a little extra for something with a better pedigree.

Thanks . I can't see any difference myself.

I Will read the reviews later if I decided to get one .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Typically little to no stock on either.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭dunworth1

has the St Stephens sale started yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

On uk site dribs and drabs reduced on irish so far usually starts about 5pm on irish.

There was earlier and the cheaper one was available to order .

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    There was earlier and the cheaper one was available to order .

Still is available to order (the cheaper white one)- the more expensive 'blue' one however, is not available- its letting you order it- but no order no. on the text and e-mail........ Wish Argos would stop doing that.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Still is available to order (the cheaper white one)- the more expensive 'blue' one however, is not available- its letting you order it- but no order no. on the text and e-mail........ Wish Argos would stop doing that.......

What's the difference between both?
    10 mins flying time.

What's the difference between both?
    10 mins flying time.

Honestly- I think they're just a different colour........ Both have 10 mins flying time- with a 2 hour recharge (though you can buy additional batteries). There is a lack of detail in the descriptions- perhaps they have different specs- but its not obvious that they do. They are both listed with exactly the same weight- to the gram- which would lead one to believe they're the same product?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Honestly- I think they're just a different colour........ Both have 10 mins flying time- with a 2 hour recharge (though you can buy additional batteries). There is a lack of detail in the descriptions- perhaps they have different specs- but its not obvious that they do. They are both listed with exactly the same weight- to the gram- which would lead one to believe they're the same product?

What I was thinking too. Pity the propellers are open and not protected

A Google search on the The ean number on the more expensive one comes up with this

https://picclick.co.uk/Star-Pro-WiFi-Drone-507A-253277302882.html

Which has 1080 camera and waypoint .

I Have one of each reserved , think I will go and have a look tomorrow to see if there is any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

"ordered for collection" will i get it at the price I ordered it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

vicwatson wrote:
    "ordered for collection" will i get it at the price I ordered it?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Sorry if not on topic...but when does the Argos sale start and are all items reduced or just clearance stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Sorry if not on topic...but when does the Argos sale start and are all items reduced or just clearance stock?

http://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/jan-sale.htm&mvt=HP1_main1

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    A Google search on the The ean number on the more expensive one comes up with this

https://picclick.co.uk/Star-Pro-WiFi-Drone-507A-253277302882.html

Which has 1080 camera and waypoint .

I Have one of each reserved , think I will go and have a look tomorrow to see if there is any difference.
    The dearer one is the hubsan x4 star pro

https://www.igeekphone.com/review-of-the-hubsan-x4-star-pro-h507a-quacopter-with-720p-hd-camera-coupon-included/

Advertisement