Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Carroller wrote: »
    So you'd be best off buying ethereum to buy ripple through binance? Sorry for the questions I'm purely doing this for a small amount as a bit of a hobby

I'm in a similar boat to you. I just completed the XRP (Ripple) purchase process the following way.

1) Set up a Coinbase account. I tried cex.io originally, but 5 days later I'm still waiting on card verification from them. Coinbase had it all done in less than a day.

2) Purchase some Ethereum on Coinbase once your account is verified.

3) Set up a Binance account. To get trading on Binance you only need to go through 1 level of verification here (Password and Google authentication). No need for passport scans and selfies to get your XRP.

4) Send your ETH from Coinbase to your Binance account. Make sure you deposit it in the ETH section of your Binance account.

5) On the Binance Exchange page (Basic) you can now trade your ETH for XRP.

The above is my own simplified version of the following guide:

https://www.cryptoguides.org/how-to-buy-ripple/

It's written for BTC to XRP, but the author states at the end that you can use it for ETH to XRP just as easily. I can confirm this having just made my first XRP purchase that way.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

We have hit the good ole euro folks... Onwards and upwards... HoDL HoDL HoDL...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

What exchanges are people seeing 1 euro on ? Fooking kraken is so far behind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    We have hit the good ole euro folks... Onwards and upwards... HoDL HoDL HoDL...

Here i am watching it rally and not able to spend my money :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Here i am watching it rally and not able to spend my money :mad:

If its any comfort youve an epic username!

• Advertisement

• Here i am watching it rally and not able to spend my money :mad:

What's happening? Are you still waiting on funds to deposit by SEPA?

Edit: Yep, just saw your earlier post. That sucks.
    dashoonage wrote: »
    If its any comfort youve an epic username!

Yep, classic. Had a genuine LOL when I first saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

just a note for people talking about crypto on here,
    be wary of what you say. I wouldnt be throwing figures around, people know how much you hold and you could be suspect to attack in future. i understand its only small amounts

But well done to everyone though. Onwards and upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Bought 5000 ripple at 0.22 about 2 months ago, sold it :( for pretty much the same as didn't think it was going anywhere.

With that said, I did buy some IOTA at .90 and sold for 5.20 :)

Going to buy back into Ripple in the next few days, just want to see where its going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

1.12 wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

F5 1.17......F5 1.19....F5..........MOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!

I need to go to bed and switch off.......one more F5.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Finally got around to buying in an hour ago. Up 10%. Christ on a bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Hit 1.225 on Bitstamp a short while ago. Proving an excellent hedge right Now against the big drops everywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong lads but I just sent €40 worth of Bitcoin to my binance account to test it before I make a larger transaction but I was charged a €25 network handling fee. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

icanmunch wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm doing something wrong lads but I just sent €40 worth of Bitcoin to my binance account to test it before I make a larger transaction but I was charged a €25 network handling fee. Is that normal?

Yep, try not to trade in btc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Use Ethereum, it's cheaper to transfer.

Anyone else having binance problems? Trying to deposit and failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

Thanks guys. Just one last question, when you have your ripple purchased, are you storing it in binance or saving it elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Thanks guys. Just one last question, when you have your ripple purchased, are you storing it in binance or saving it elsewhere?

I'll try help out with this one. Firstly I will explain what I do.

I use Bittrex to store my coins. Now it is only an exchange so shouldn't really be used to store coins. Using an acutal Crypto Wallet is the most secure way. There's no harm storing them on the exhange sites.

What do I do if I get scared something is going to crash, say Ripple? I exchange my Ripple to USDT. USDT or 'Tether' is a currency that never goes above or below a dollar. So you can exchange most popular currencies to USDT on Bittrex, when you want to keep your money safe.

If I wish to withdraw the USDT, I quickly exchange all of it to Bitcoin, send it to Coinbase, and transfer it to my Euro Account. I can then withdraw to bank account.

Let me know if you need a hand with any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is there any substance to those rumours? Every source is either a faked webpage or just someone saying "I know someone at Coinbase and they said it's coming"

Lets hope, being added to Coinbase would be huge as everyone will want in due to the cheap price.

Peaked $1.38 this morning and its not even 2018...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Sorry lads I must be pissing you off by now but i am gonna have another moan.....

Coinbase are now saying up to 10 days for SEPA transfers to show, so heads up rolleyes.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

JustShay wrote: »
    I'll try help out with this one. Firstly I will explain what I do.

I use Bittrex to store my coins. Now it is only an exchange so shouldn't really be used to store coins. Using an acutal Crypto Wallet is the most secure way. There's no harm storing them on the exhange sites.

What do I do if I get scared something is going to crash, say Ripple? I exchange my Ripple to USDT. USDT or 'Tether' is a currency that never goes above or below a dollar. So you can exchange most popular currencies to USDT on Bittrex, when you want to keep your money safe.

If I wish to withdraw the USDT, I quickly exchange all of it to Bitcoin, send it to Coinbase, and transfer it to my Euro Account. I can then withdraw to bank account.

Let me know if you need a hand with any of that.

This is a good explanation, but Tether can go below a dollar it is not way linked to the Dollar, it has the potential to destroy the crypto market imo if people assume its = USD.

Your method of swapping to BTC and then to Coinbase is sound but expensive, you'll pay 2% swapping from BTC to Euro on Coinbase, and another fee when you finally withdraw. This is massive imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭BKtje

Sorry lads I must be pissing you off by now but i am gonna have another moan.....

Coinbase are now saying up to 10 days for SEPA transfers to show, so heads up rolleyes.png

Made a transfer on wednesday and available in my account late this morning.

Colleague did the same and it was returned to him as it was taking so long.

In case it has any bearing, this was my third transfer and it was his first.

75 c USD now...
    not far off halving in a day from peak

glasso wrote: »
    75 c USD now...
    not far off halving in a day from peak

Everything is a sea of red today... Nearly 200 billion gone from the marketplace... This morning they were at 55 euro cent at 5am... Since then they gained back up to 90 cent and back down again... So basically sale now on Buy the dips-HoDL=purchase an island...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Here we go again , the rollercoaster continues. Ripple gone from €0.87 to€0.59 to €0.79 over the past few hours. My heart is broken constantly pressing refresh. Are things not supposed to slow down around Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Was there supposed to be some sort of announcements expected from the people at ripple over the coming days

Ripple is a long term game... 2018 will be nuts...

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Ripple is a long term game... 2018 will be nuts...

what's your theory on that?

glasso wrote: »
    what's your theory on that?

No theory this is all 100% speculative nobody knows where anything is going... 2018 will be nuts for altcoins imo... Not just ripple... It's all one big gamble a game of wait and see... Don't put in what you can't afford to lose...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭crushproof

I've been ignoring the blood bath reports today. It was bound to happen at some point. The manipulators had to have their day eventually. And anyway major fluctuations have been part and parcel of crypto.

Unlike a lot of folk (look at reddit) I'm ignoring it all and shall enjoy Christmas. Looking forward to the gains in 2018!

Advertisement