Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putter Fitting

Options
  • 24-02-2023 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi, thinking of going for a putter fitting soon. Has anyone done a putter this year or last? Any recommendations? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm nearly sure theres a recent thread here on this topic somewhere here but i can't find it. New search is useless. I went for a putter fitting in Mount Juliet last year. You are limited to Odyssey/Toulon putters there but i enjoyed the process, ended up that I was actually using the right putter for my stroke but was a worthwhile exercises as I got to try out a lot of different styles. He identified fairly quickly what sort of toe hang i needed and after that its just a matter of deciding if you want to use a blade or a mallet. I ended up just keeping my newport I had, cost me €60 for the fitting was all. Money well spent for me as i took out a lot of wondering about whether I had the right putter setup.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Did they have any specialized putting tracking systems, sam puttlab etc? Or is it just looking at you putt, checking eyeline with mirror etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭benny79

Foregolf do putting fittings now haven't been myself think is €50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭willabur

I went to concept golf

really enjoyable hour. There is alot of information at hand. you have the indoor putting trackman system. Start off putting with your own putter (s) and then there are 3 or 4 levels of try these, eliminate the two that don't work, then bring in 2 putters similar to the 1 that works best and so on so forth. Comes down to which one you can consistently deliver to impact position square to your target (more or less)

drawbacks

didn't have full selection of putters, in my head I wanted a scotty but they weren't even an option due to the supply chain issues

the indoor putting surface is nothing like what I play at my home course, so the putts I was hitting weren't ones I normally would be facing. If they could complement the indoor fitting with an outdoor, really putting surface element then that would be ideal AND probably very expensive. Much like the irons fitting you have to compromise and intrinsically that leaves you in a position where you don't end up with the best clubs through out the bag. So getting fit by just hitting 7 irons, is nothing like hitting gap wedges and 4 irons - you end up with both in your bag

Advertisement