Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help

• 19-07-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hello,

Recently start going to the gym have my programme etc, I just wondering if I needed to change up my diet what I need to add or take away,

9:00 Porridge + Shake

11:30 Cashew nuts & 2 pieces of fruit

2:00 2.5 chicken fillets and sweet potato

5:00 Go the gym

8:00 2 cans of tuna

Should I be eating more through out the day ? im about 12.5 stone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Eldoco wrote: »
    Hello,

Recently start going to the gym have my programme etc, I just wondering if I needed to change up my diet what I need to add or take away,

Should I be eating more through out the day ? im about 12.5 stone.

You will need to provide more information before folks can help/answer your question.

i.e.
    1. Age
    2. Sex
    3. Height
    4. Weight
    5. Goals
    And quantify you food intake.

How much porridge, what additions if any (jam, honey, fruit etc) made with water/milk. How much.

What type of shake. how many scoops. Mixed with what?

How many cashew nuts 2 or half a kilo? what exactly do you mean by "2 pieces of fruit"?

What weight is the chicken? I have seen breasts from 100g to over 300g. How much sweet potato? Do you not have any other veg? sauce/Gravy?

What do you do at the gym? Post your routine.

Again, what size (g/oz) are the cans

Without knowing the answers to the above, it is difficult to know whether you are gettign enough calories in the correct macro breakdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Sorry about that lads new to this, Hope this is a better break down.

9:00 Porridge 3 scoops + normal milk + kinecta lean gain 2 scoops with water

11:30 Cashew nuts & 2 pieces of fruit ( handful of nuts, banana and orange )

2:00 2.5 chicken fillets and sweet potato ( ill check the next pack I got they looked averaged sized, 1 sweet potato, slice into 5 pieces, no sauce

8:00 2 cans of tuna ( drained weight was 25g each I think.

Mon:Off
    Tue:Arms front and back
    Wen:Chest/Shoulders
    Thur:Cardio swimming and spinning class ( 30 mins)
    Fri:Off
    Sat:Abs/Back
    Sun:Off

1. Age 22
    2. Sex M
    3. Height 5'11
    4. Weight 12.5 stone
    5. Goals Bulk up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Eldoco wrote: »
    Sorry about that lads new to this, Hope this is a better break down.

9:00 Porridge 3 scoops + normal milk + kinecta lean gain 2 scoops with water

11:30 Cashew nuts & 2 pieces of fruit ( handful of nuts, banana and orange )

2:00 2.5 chicken fillets and sweet potato ( ill check the next pack I got they looked averaged sized, 1 sweet potato, slice into 5 pieces, no sauce

8:00 2 cans of tuna ( drained weight was 25g each I think.

Mon:Off
    Tue:Arms front and back
    Wen:Chest/Shoulders
    Thur:Cardio swimming and spinning class ( 30 mins)
    Fri:Off
    Sat:Abs/Back
    Sun:Off

1. Age 22
    2. Sex M
    3. Height 5'11
    4. Weight 12.5 stone
    5. Goals Bulk up

Now take all that, stick it into fitday or myfitnesspal or 1 of the many other calorie tracker sites out there & see how many calories you're hitting! Workout your maintenance calories & compare! if your under your maintenance eat more! :)

You don't do legs at all! Start squatting & deadlifting!! I'd scrap your overall gym plan, google starting strength or mass made simple or insert other beginner programme here & take it from there! You'll get better results!

Advertisement