Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parship

• 24-11-2008 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to put this or not, but just to warn people if signing up with Parship online dating service. I decided to sign up for a one month trial, before decided if I wanted to commit any longer - little did I realise that it was an automatic renewal system, and it never mentioned this in the confirmation email I got confirming my subscription. Last month I was charged, and hence fiddled around with my account, and found the opt out section, and got an email saying that my subscription would expire on 17th November. Well today I log into my online, and my shock when I see that as of this morning, another month's subscription had been taken. I got onto my bank, but have been told I need to wait another month before they can do anything. I have sent them a message via their website, and have deleted my profile. The bank say as they put in the request for the funds on 16th of the month, they are covered :eek:. I don't get how they can get away with taking a full month for the sake of one day :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I haven't used parship but a lot of the other dating websites have the same thing. It's called a futurepay agreement. Normally I get an email from worldpay or paypal or whoever confirming it. To cancel it then, I just go into the worldpay/paypal site and cancel it from there. I did try going through one of the dating sites once, but it wasn't cancelled. So by cancelling it at the payment site seems to be more successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

parship. Its crap.
    Hope people search boards.ie before signing up to this website before the V-Day rush!
    Same thing happened to me as happened irishamethyst.

They tell you that it expires in a week when really you only have a couple of days to opt out. But even if you opt out via the web site it makes still makes no difference. The payment will still roll over.
    To stop payment you must delete your account. Which you may not want to do if you have information/emails you want to keep.

Also I think there are a lot of fake accounts on it. I was sure they have people from parship just making up accounts.

The site is a pain to use as it lists lots accounts that have been havent been used in years. So you do a search get 125 hits when actually only about 25 of them are active. You can't tell until you click on each individual account. VERY UNFAIR SITE.

I expected this to be a good website, as its main company is German based and has a quite involved questionaire based matching process.

If your going to pay, then I think its best to support a irish owned dating web site. At least if you not satisfied you have a fair chance of getting good customer service and better consumer protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NellyV

Well, i think i read it too late, i got charged as well after i canceled subscription. I didn't save email that i got first time, but now its officially - WAR!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 O Shea

Joined Parship cos of the hope that people might be more real there (Marketed as such) - total cemetery.
    Very few contacts incoming and no responses to outgoing ones. The only guy who actively engaged me asked for some pictures I sent him some cute holiday snaps( in Paris in Febuary) and he was dissatisfied so sent me a photo of himself naked from behind ( no Face).
    There was so little activity on it I would have to be paid to spend time on it. Anyway stopped using after couple weeks even though paid €120 for six months. Fair enough I thought until 6 months later they took another €120 from my visa and refused to return it.
    They send constant marketing e-mails but no notification that they are taking another swipe at your credit card even though I have not logged on in over 5 months.
    Was on POF before and found people fearful of meeting in real life but at least got some responses to mails sent.
    Also the ones willing to meet were very presentable but usually married/ inrelationships and living a double life.
    Parship have to be avoided at all costs as they actively con you by burying their 'automatic subscription renewal' deep in the terms and conditions The hoops required to cancel are complex. I am just cancling my card to make sure they don t take another €120 in 6 months. At least the POF site management try to keep it decent for all users and do not try to pull the wool over your eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Please don't resurrect threads that are almost 2 years old.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement