Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Duff wrote: »
    e46 coupé.

What wheels are you getting man?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

What wheels are you getting man?

Impulse ordered staggered LM reps. But the more I think about it now, every other modded BMW has a set of them. Might send them back and go for something a bit different.:confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Duff wrote: »
    Impulse ordered staggered LM reps. But the more I think about it now, every other modded BMW has a set of them. Might send them back and go for something a bit different.:confused:

I was thinking about buying the same myself. But am leaning towards BBS CH reps instead. Again pretty common, but a nice wheel. Either are a cool wheel, if you like them go for it. In all honesty I haven't seen many LMs on 3 coupes around. We might be better discussing this in the OT thread...hate to drag this too far off topic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Something about this car park, shots always look good here IMO.

247215.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

IMG_0861_zps22d44205.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

My Bora.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

HungryJoey wrote: »

Ahhh! The general misconception about cheap coilovers being uncomfortable ;) :pac:

JOM's must be one of the harshest I have ever been in.
    Even my 21yr old son agrees with me.
    He had them on his Toledo and trust me, they were far from comfortable and very far from OEM comfort :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

vectra wrote: »
    JOM's must be one of the harshest I have ever been in.
    Even my 21yr old son agrees with me.
    He had them on his Toledo and trust me, they were far from comfortable and very far from OEM comfort :(

We have a small lip on the ground coming out of our shed, I remember coming out in the Golf when I just put in the coilovers, pretty sure I cried a little.

Quickly got used to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

My baby, looking very sorry for herself in Derry last weekend.

DSC_0128.jpg

And yes I know its filthy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It's not filthy, it's used for its purpose. Some people would nearly have the car in the sitting room instead of a TV!

I like mine clean and properly protected but I prefer it when it looks like it's being put to use.

I could make a sexist joke but I won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sure mine looks like a Zebra at the minute, so yours is spotless compared. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Oil change yesterday, amazing what you can do when its not f-ing raining.

IMG_0819_zpsfc71980e.jpg
    IMG_0821_zps307e59e8.jpg

The Liqui Moly Ceratec instructions say to drive around really fast to get it to bed in*, so went for a drive:
    IMG_0825_zpsd68937cf.jpg

*Sentence maybe a lie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

Love them 850 BMWs. uber rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

huggs2 wrote: »
    My Bora.

That's one clean Bora. Fair play! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Picked this up for €700 the other day. She's the 2.2 diesel. Very handy on juice (compared to the other yoke I have) Pretty happy with her so far... It's just something to do me til I can rebuild the bike! :D

247430.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Looks awful clean for the price, well wear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Looks awful clean for the price, well wear

Thanks man. Took a bit of scrubbing as the guy hadn't even bothered to wash it. One of the reasons I used to bargain him down. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Matt Simis wrote: »

I can't how you have it propped but there was a poor crater over the road from me killed last year when whatever way he had his car jacked failed and it came down on him. It's worth throwing a couple blocks of timber under the jacking points in case it does come down. Nice motor btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Looks like its driven up on a wooden ramp so pretty safe.

I can't how you have it propped but there was a poor crater over the road from me killed last year when whatever way he had his car jacked failed and it came down on him. It's worth throwing a couple blocks of timber under the jacking points in case it does come down. Nice motor btw.

Yeah I'm very conscious of that which is why I'm not adding jacks, which are the fail point. Its on a wooden ramp both sides, wider than the wheel with both sides actually 2 separate pieces (4 ramps in 2x2) for redundancy. The tyres are chocked from rolling forward and back.

In this case, an oil change, you don't get under the car, the sump plug can be done at arms length. I have experienced a jack fail on someone else's car at their house.

IMG_0818_zpsef10af57.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Where'd that E38 come from, Matt?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I think he bought that off dahamsta. Lovely car!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

he doesn't tell us how many miles he gets on a full tank, i would be surprised if he saw 250/300miles from long distance..?

its a very cool motor though.

shinkansen wrote: »
    he doesn't tell us how many miles he gets on a full tank, i would be surprised if he saw 250/300miles from long distance..?

Who me? Well no one asked so obviously I didnt tell. :P

The 850CSi (5.6 V12) gets 350miles (560km) on a 90litre tank.
    The 740i (4.4 V8) which is my daily gets over 400miles (660km) on a 90litre tank. I think it could just about get 500miles to a tank if driven nicely.

Thats my commuting MPG, none of it with any real regard to saving fuel.

Considering the technology gap (vastly in favour of the 740i) and performance gap (in favour of the 850CSi), thats pretty good going for the 8 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Who me? Well no one asked so obviously I didnt tell. :P

The 850CSi (5.6 V12) gets 350miles (560km) on a 90litre tank.
    The 740i (4.4 V8) which is my daily gets over 400miles (660km) on a 90litre tank.

Thats my commuting MPG, none of it with any real regard to saving fuel.

Considering the technology gap (vastly in favour of the 740i) and performance gap (in favour of the 850CSi), thats pretty good going for the 8 series.

Sounds about right. I used to get about 380 from a full tank on the 735 - mostly urban.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

Not mine but a V8!

579804_10151381944495849_377713291_n_zpsa5451964.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

LOL! Lets all just bang up pics of cars we like in the 'Post a picture of YOUR car' thread.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Love the aborted MS Paint job on the right side of the picture as well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

to me its beautiful :) one of my corollas .. 1.5 se limited jap import nearly 500k and going strong, great on petrol, nct'd few weeks back just needing headlight adjusted and a bit of weld around pipe at backbox..

sitting on 15' rota osr's wrapped in toyo's

IMGP0003-1_zps4d96c236.jpg

IMGP0005_zps22210e2a.jpg

head unit been changed to a jvc double din and cleaned inside aswell since pics

IMGP0007_zpsdebf0b89.jpg

IMGP0067_zps8e8c7a79.jpg

IMGP0065_zpsc2cfc4b3.jpg

IMGP0064_zpseb86347c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That's a beauty, man.
    Add a 20 valve! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement