Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts Competition - Win a €50 One4All Voucher

Options
  • 03-10-2016 9:57am
    Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boards.ie Employee

We're giving away four €50 One4All vouchers in Bargain Alerts!

We know you all love a good bargain! Now, we want to reward a few of you eagle-eyed bargain hunters who spend a little bit of time and effort on Bargain Alerts to save the rest of us some money.

If you've found yourself thinking, "Wow, that's a bargain and a half" while browsing the net or out shopping, here's your chance to be rewarded for your bargain hunting skills. We have a €50 One4All voucher to give away every week in October to the person who posts the best bargain to the Bargain Alerts forum.

While you'll have more chances to win by posting multiple bargains, the winners will be those who track down a really great deal. The community will pick the winners, with the most thanked bargain alert taking the voucher each week. So be sure to show your appreciation to the best bargain hunters.

Terms:
    - winner will be the bargain that is most thanked, regardless of what other posts might have more thanks;
    - bargain must be posted between Monday at 00.00 and Sunday at 23.59 to be in the competition for that particular week;
    - the bargain posted must be a new bargain - don't be cheeky by posting a cracker from last month!;
    - winners will be announced on the following Monday (10th, 17th, 24th October, 1st November after the bank holiday);
    - no canvassing for thanks, we want to reward genuine bargains;
    - in the case of a tie, the bargain with the greater saving will be deemed the winner;
    - winners will be contacted via PM and asked for address details to post prize to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

^^ This post doesn't count :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stonebabies

Odeon Cinema Charlestown are offering all movies over the weekend of 14th-16th October for just €3 to celebrate their 1st birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tescos have 5 mix and match cds and dvds for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 8 marchmainhare

Credo & Firehouse Pizzas do 2-1 deals via their websites (and you can make it vegan at no extra cost).

All the IMC cinemas do Student Tuesdays with €5 tickets and medium popcorn & a drink for an extra €3.

Govinda's on Aungier Street do €1 food boxes at 9 to clear out all of their leftovers (and it's really good food).

Tola & Dublin Vintage have publicly advertised Kilo Sales where each bag goes for €20 (sometimes the contents can be pretty valuable).

Shauna's Pet Shop do 3 tubs of live food for a tenner and will run you deals on freezer stock if they get to know you.

These are all my go-to bargains anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

There seems to be decent discounts on the Lego ranges on Amazon at the moment, coupled with the significant drop in GBP in recent days makes it very good value. Make sure to pay in GBP as the Amazon conversion rate is always worse. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_4?url=search-alias%3Dtoys&field-keywords=lego&sprefix=lego%2Caps%2C142&rh=n%3A468292%2Ck%3Alego

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Some great bargains above, but make sure you post them in the main Bargain Alerts forum so that they have greater visibility - either in the relevant Superthread or as a standalone thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Hey!

Are you a man? Or a hairy lady?

Check out The Bearded Colonel - razor blades delivered to your door. I got them a few weeks ago, there is an offer on your first purchase, £5 off when normally £10, for the handle and 4 blades.
    But it changed £5 to €5 for me delivering to Ireland, when converting to GBP it cost me £3.30 total!

The blades are easily as good as Fusion I had been using before, a cracking bargain!

https://beardedcolonel.co.uk/?invite=jodi9833

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

AccessAW should be considered for one of these for sure. He might not get the most thanks, but his daily posts on the free courses are such a brilliant resource, that he deserves recognition for. As posted there today:
    there should be some sort of boards.ie awards system for people like AccessAW who go out of their way, each and every day to do something that provides no personal gain but significant community gain. Not only do I get direct benefit from this work, but people I manage are materially improving their careers and it's directly because of this tread....
    From me >> Sincere and genuine thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Star Lord wrote: »
    AccessAW should be considered for one of these for sure. He might not get the most thanks, but his daily posts on the free courses are such a brilliant resource, that he deserves recognition for. As posted there today:

All it takes is all of us who've benefitted thanking his post tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Lads this competition was a great idea, the amount of bargains being posted seems to have gone way up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

123654789 wrote: »
    Lads this competition was a great idea, the amount of bargains being posted seems to have gone way up!
    Yeah it is, I wouldn't have posted except for the competition, excellent idea

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

As a college student born in Cavan I have evolved to become quite a thrifty person and right now I'm full of hints and tips on how to grab bargains. Although I can't give you exact bargain at the minute here are my hints and tips regarding saving money:

1. Apps and new technology all the way: Download apps which can help you by comparing prices or apps that help you find things for cheap. Download the uniphi nights app for guestlist (ie free in) to different clubs in Galway or depop which allows people to sell things they don't need anymore usually for quite reasonable prices.
    I'm a strong believer in the phrase: 'one man's trash is another man's treasure.'

2. Aldi/ Lidl: and their 'super six' offer- specific fruit and veg. for 39c! In any supermarket reach for the own brand products, they tend to be cheaper.

3. Charity shops: never ever underestimate the power of charity shops. You can find anything and everything in there. People often have a certain sigma with second hand items but some of my favourite clothes to wear have come from charity shops.

4. Online shopping: often online shopping can be cheaper than buying in shops but when you're doing this make sure you do your research and shop around!

Overall these are the tips I live on, follow these and you'll easily be able to afford all your needs and wants! Hope ye have a nice bargainy week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It's a Sunday so a lot of people will be looking for some kind of takeaway food to cure their hangover.

Marvin have started a new deal called the mega box deal with a selection of fast food places in different cities for example here is the galway selection :

All these available for 8 euro

https://www.marvin.ie/megabox-galway/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=boost&utm_campaign=megabox-galway

There should be a decent selection in your closest city.

If you are lucky enough to live in Waterford then they have a 5e feast deal running for October as well

https://www.marvin.ie/feasts-waterford/

Also they run a system where you order from a place 10 times and you get your next order free to the average value of your orders. Handy for anyone who orders take aways a fair bit. Hopefully I've made someone's Sunday hangover a bit less of a pain :D

Boards.ie Employee

We have our first winner!

Congratulations to Stonebabies who offered advice on how to travel to Lapland on a budget. It looks like a lot of you were just waiting to get into the spirit of Christmas (which means the Christmas forum could be about to get a whole lot busier!)

This was the runaway winner, but there were some other tempting bargains, such as the ALDI Super 6 Deal and some free Udemy courses.

There are still three more €50 One4All vouchers up for grabs. The second week of the competition is now underway, so get out there and find those bargains :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

shame it went to someone with little previous (and probably no future) contribution to the site, let alone the BA forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Great Idea Boards!!! Keep it up !!! congrats to the winner!

Boards.ie Employee

The winner of week 2 has been determined...

*Drum Roll*

Congratulations to AccessAw who posted a range of free Udemy courses on October 11th. If you missed out on the free deals that day, you may be interested to hear that AccessAw updates this thread daily with a host of new deals.

There are still two more One4All vouchers to be won. Keep your eyes peeled for a stellar bargain!

Thank you very much to Boards.ie and to all who thanked the post :) I hope there will be plenty more courses to come....Thanks again...

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Centra in ballymun have a offer on KOPPARBERG
    8 lrg bottles for 12£
    a good offer with the bank holiday weekend fast approaching :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

OK, why are 'bargains' being posted on this thread? Do people not get that this thread is just to let you know about the competition.
    Come on peeps....

• Advertisement

Charger Cases for iPhone 5 or 6 in Choice of Colour from €12.99 https://www.groupon.ie/deals/charger-case-for-iphone-1

Three-PC's Two-Year AVG Licence: Anti-Virus 2016 (€12.99) or Internet Security 2016 (€24.99)

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/avg-lic...e-pcs-two-year

Boards.ie Employee

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Three-PC's Two-Year AVG Licence: Anti-Virus 2016 (€12.99) or Internet Security 2016 (€24.99)

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/avg-lic...e-pcs-two-year

You should post these as New Threads in the main forum ;)

Boards.ie Employee

Congratulations to sternn, who generously shared a M&S voucher, which could be used multiple times online or in-store.

We're into the final stretch now with just one more voucher to give away! Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niknaks2012

REAL FX RACE TRACK Reduced now in Argos from €142 - €52.49

424/8284

A super racetrack at a Bargain Price!!

Not exactly bargains but Gormal is always posting latest competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 3 inki

3 POINTS for every 1 euro spent in DEBENHAMS, 500 points gives 5 euro REWARD, in store and online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

12 euro 12 guinness supervalu

cheers;)

Boards.ie Employee

Our final winner, bookending the competition nicely with travel tips, is slave1. They provided everyone with some great money saving tips for getting to Orlando on a budget.

Thanks to everyone who got involved, posting bargains and commenting on or thanking other posts. Hopefully people benefited from the bargains being posted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement