Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S 20% Off Online and Instore

Options
  • 19-10-2016 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

I got this voucher from M&S. Hopefully some of you make use of it more than I will! You can use multiple times online or in store.

Valid 20th - 24th Oct

Online code: OCT16BB

Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Did you get it by email? I normally get their vouchers but didn't get anything today and heading into store soon to pick up some bits

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Did you get it by email? I normally get their vouchers but didn't get anything today and heading into store soon to pick up some bits

Yes by email. It's a work thing, so just mention you got it from your office or something :) Note it doesn't become active until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Apologies, the voucher attachment didn't work when I posted on my mobile. See my first post now for the attachment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Anyone know if the WELCOME10 code works with this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Don't forget this is one of the few Irish sites that allow cash back to Topcashback.co.uk, 6.3% so better than nothing...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭droidman123

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the WELCOME10 code works with this?

Yes it did for me just now,and thanks because i didnt know about that code,my total bill was €83.00 magically turned into €56.00 using the ops code and the WELCOME10 Code,thanks again and thanks to the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

MAORISH wrote: »
    I placed an order with the discount on the irish site of M&S and it came to 91.20 E with the discount code. I went on to the UK site using the UK equivalent code OCT16A21 20% off and with todays GBP to Euro rate my order was just shy of 75 euro . I placed my order with UK side free delivery to parcel Wizard and with the E3.95 to delivery to my door I was still up 12 euro ....

What if you need to return something?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭davedub2015

Does this work with Christmas trees? Put the code in and no discount came off?

Ok guys here's an update!

I managed to order €195 worth of stuff for approx €100. Here's how.

I ordered in 3 batches of about €64/65. If I ordered €62 it didn't work.

Check out comes to €64. Order less and this didn't work for me. Add code WELCOME10 (€10 off), then add code NEWSLETTER5 (€5 off), the add the code OCT16FF for the 20% off.

You have to go to new customer and proceed to checkout. If you go to returning customer the welcome code won't work. Use an email address you haven't used in a while.

All the batches of €64 ended up checking out at about €36 for me. That's my daughters winter wardrobe sorted!

Check out comes to €64. Order less and this didn't work for me. Add code WELCOME10 (€10 off), then add code NEWSLETTER5 (€5 off), the add the code OCT16FF for the 20% off.

You have to go to new customer and proceed to checkout. If you go to returning customer the welcome code won't work. Use an email address you haven't used in a while.

All the batches of €64 ended up checking out at about €36 for me. That's my daughters winter wardrobe sorted!

When you say batches,do you mean 3 separate orders? And, did you have to use 3 different email addresses for each order/batch?

• Advertisement

When you say batches,do you mean 3 separate orders? And, did you have to use 3 different email addresses for each order/batch?

Yes sorry, I put in 3 different orders. Basically the codes will work on anything above €64. But obviously to get best benefit and use the codes multiple times I made 3 orders instead of one big one as I'd still only get the €10 and €5 off the order.

I used 3 different emails. I didn't try the same one twice so maybe It might work but I think the welcome code probably only works one time per email address. My normal one wouldn't work as that's the one I'm registered with. So I used my work one, my husbands one and his work one. HTH.

Yes sorry, I put in 3 different orders. Basically the codes will work on anything above €64. But obviously to get best benefit and use the codes multiple times I made 3 orders instead of one big one as I'd still only get the €10 and €5 off the order.

I used 3 different emails. I didn't try the same one twice so maybe I might work but I think the welcome code probably only works one time per email address. My normal one wouldn't work as that's the one I'm registered with. So I used my work one, my husbands one and his work one. HTH.

Thanks for that,i,ll give it a go later

It's good because with that method they actually seem to take the 20% off the entire order instead of the total after the €15 has been subtracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

All the batches of €64 ended up checking out at about €36 for me. That's my daughters winter wardrobe sorted![/QUOTE)
    Wow ! , would you do my shopping for a fee ?😀

• Registered Users Posts: 85,415 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

It's good because with that method they actually seem to take the 20% off the entire order instead of the total after the 15 has been subtracted.

I tried this - the order total was 66. I applied the 10 and 5 vouchers, then the 20% but for some reason the 20% just subtracted 3.20 from my order... so an 18.20 reduction in total. Not sure why it doesn't take 20% off.

*EDIT* It removes the WELCOME10 voucher when I add the 20% voucher

I tried this - the order total was 66. I applied the 10 and 5 vouchers, then the 20% but for some reason the 20% just subtracted 3.20 from my order... so an 18.20 reduction in total. Not sure why it doesn't take 20% off.

*EDIT* It removes the WELCOME10 voucher when I add the 20% voucher

That's strange... Don't know why it's doing that. It actually did it to me a couple time when I ordered under the €64. But it worked for me then when I went to m&s .com site and clicked onto the Republic of Ireland site through that. Don't know if that had anything to do with it tho. I posted in this bargain on the parenting site aswell and it's worked for a few people there.

EDIT: actually I think I know why the welcome code may have come off. It's only for first time users. When I entered my normal email address that i registered with the welcome code would remove itself. Did you go to new customer at checkout and add an address you haven't used before?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

WELCOME10 does not apply for me, i get all the way to place order and pay and still not applied have €70 worth of items, using new email and postal address, did it work for others?

@SLIGO1 - was it applied immediately for you or where abouts did it confirm it worked?

Edit: the welcome code won't work with certain items, in trying to buy babygrows and it won't apply. When I added other items it applied so must be some restrictions around using

Wexy86 wrote: »
    WELCOME10 does not apply for me, i get all the way to place order and pay and still not applied have €70 worth of items, using new email and postal address, did it work for others?

@SLIGO1 - was it applied immediately for you or where abouts did it confirm it worked?

Thanks!

Hi, which I knew how to post screen shot and I'd show u! When you go to check out the screen which lists all the items you enter all the promotion codes there. It is the screen directly before you add your card details or confirm any payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Thanks OP. €75 for €45 here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Today, I used voucher in shop on two pyjamas. They were on offer at 17.50 each or 2 for 25. The voucher took 20% of the 25. No problems. I'm now trying to buy two more online and two of the shirts which are 68 each (and two for 80) and it wont apply the code to either. Seems to be different for in store and online purchases.
    It says in exclusions - cant be used on 50% reductions but these are not 50%... Any ideas?
    The newsletter and welcome codes went on, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

xraylady wrote: »
    Today, I used voucher in shop on two pyjamas. They were on offer at 17.50 each or 2 for 25. The voucher took 20% of the 25. No problems. I'm now trying to buy two more online and two of the shirts which are 68 each (and two for 80) and it wont apply the code to either. Seems to be different for in store and online purchases.
    It says in exclusions - cant be used on 50% reductions but these are not 50%... Any ideas?
    The newsletter and welcome codes went on, no problem.

I've tried the 20% off online on those €68 shirt offers and it never goes through. Might try instore now. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm trying to order from the UK site and it's insisting I enter a UK phone number. What did other people use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I got my €65 order for €37 :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I ordered from the UK store

6 bottles of Prosecco usually £60 reduced to 48 buy 2 save 25%
    4 pairs of Pjs £12.50 each 2 for £20

Came to £112 saved £34 on top of the 24 so £58 and a few christmas presents sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I ordered from the UK store

6 bottles of Prosecco usually £60 reduced to 48 buy 2 save 25%
    4 pairs of Pjs £12.50 each 2 for £20

Came to £112 saved £34 on top of the 24 so £58 and a few christmas presents sorted!

Was interested in the prosecco moonbeam but can't see it on the uk site. Which one was on offer? Maybe I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Be careful if you're shipping via Parcel Motel - they don't accept alcohol afaik.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

sternn wrote: »
    I got this voucher from M&S. Hopefully some of you make use of it more than I will! You can use multiple times online or in store.

Valid 20th - 24th Oct

Online code: OCT16BB

Enjoy!

Congratulations! Your post was the most thanked bargain of the week and you've won yourself a €50 One4All voucher (you can keep this one to yourself :D) as part of our Bargain Alerts Competition.

Will be in touch to get your voucher to you.

Advertisement