Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a worthwhile project?

Options
  • 28-09-2016 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭

A favour is needed for Fergal, our Mod. – Just in case you missed this…..
    Fergal is a finalist in Ireland’s “DIY King” competition. He is neck and neck (51 : 49) with a person who paints sheds whereas THIS is his competition entry, built entirely from scratch (including a complete engine rebuild) in his back yard, under an awning. The winning prize would greatly help progress on his current project* (see below).

I represent many here in asking you to please support him by registering / voting here – it only take a minute. Just do it!!
    Please.

*His current project is the conversion of a sunken wreck, salvaged from a riverbed to a wheel-chair friendly cruiser to enable his family spend time together on the water.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Done. Is that Fergals earlier project that went under a couple of years ago?

Edit....Sorry - just checked through the forum. Well, if anyone deserves a bit of luck and wee bit of help it's Fergal.

Best of luck and will repost this to others.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Cheers guy's/girls It turns out that you can vote each day with the same email so it may not be a fair count, I have it plastered all over Facebook and either she has a hell of a lot of friends or there is something fishy going on with the count as I can't believe it's that close if it is my next project will be to build a shed and give it 12 coats of varnish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

fergal.b wrote:
    Cheers guy's/girls It turns out that you can vote each day with the same email so it may not be a fair count, I have it plastered all over Facebook and either she has a hell of a lot of friends or there is something fishy going on with the count as I can't believe it's that close if it is my next project will be to build a shed and give it 12 coats of varnish

So can we all vote multiple times within the rules of the competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,919 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Looks like it - I've just voted again!

What a shame we didn't know this before :mad:

Spread the word!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Done, best of luck

ps if my inbox fills up with spam from Arrow, I will send them all on to you;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Simona1986 wrote: »

I think so, although I agreed to the terms and conditions I could not find any terms and conditions :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,068 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Done. Been following his project for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Boater123

I can't believe that the vote is neck and neck, so much work and skill vs a painted flat pack shed.

I posted something similar over on IWAI forum hopefully it will get a few more votes in Fergal's favour.

I see that some of Fergal's youtube vid's have received over 40k hits. Is there anyway of mentioning the vote on these vid's?

Vid's such as this one

Cheers Boater123, the 40k hits on the video were just me watching it over and over again. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Yeah, Pitty we didn't know that.
    I just voted 3 times with 3 different email addresses.
    How long is left? Is it only today?

I mean no disrespect to the "queen of diy" but the whole painted shed thing is a joke. Surely they could have found a more worthy adversary. I know a couple of ladies who are very proficient diyer's!
    Also my cynical mind tells me that Arro are massaging the votes so it isn't too one sided.

Hifive wrote: »
    Yeah, Pitty we didn't know that.
    I just voted 3 times with 3 different email addresses.
    How long is left? Is it only today?

I mean no disrespect to the "queen of diy" but the whole painted shed thing is a joke. Surely they could have found a more worthy adversary. I know a couple of ladies who are very proficient diyer's!
    Also my cynical mind tells me that Arro are massaging the votes so it isn't too one sided.

I hope it finishes tonight as I'm sick of seeing it all over my Facebook :D I'd say Arro are keeping it close as the more shares it gets the more advertising for them :rolleyes: There were some very good other projects entered that I would have chosen over the shed any day and I'd say they were a bit put out when the shed was picked, maybe it was all a lucky dip.

Woohoo, just tried to vote again (again) - and it says you've won!

Well - it says the competition is over, and is showing the results as 53%-47%

Maybe I should take a screenshot just in case they try any skullduggery :D

(BTW - if she's the Queen and you're the King - what will you be called when you win the overall title???)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Woohoo, just tried to vote again (again) - and it says you've won!

Well - it says the competition is over, and is showing the results as 53%-47%

Maybe I should take a screenshot just in case they try any skullduggery :D

(BTW - if she's the Queen and you're the King - what will you be called when you win the overall title???)

Master of the universe?

Yep just got the message :D:D:D:D:D Thank you all very much.

Well that's it folks, the votes have been tallied and Fergal Butler is the winner! At 16:00 Fergal Butler was a fraction ahead with the votes closing at 53% to Fergal and 47% to Noeleen. Thanks Noeleen and all who took part. Keep your eyes peeled for more exciting contests and competitions on the ARRO Facebook Page. Thanks to Gyproc Ireland and Fleetwood Paints for sponsoring.
    Have a great weekend.

14445021_1123625344340941_4108055954557467853_o_zpspmuwkqxx.jpg

Well done!

Never in the history of DIY'ing was a title more richly deserved!

Hope you got another prize!!! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Done

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What was the prize?

Stheno wrote: »
    What was the prize?

They will get in contact with me on Monday :)

fergal.b wrote: »
    They will get in contact with me on Monday :)

Woo-hoo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Congratulations!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Well done Fergal, never doubted you for a second!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭neris

What was the prize?

a painted man shed :D

neris wrote: »
    a painted man shed :D

Like most things I like my shed wood and chrome :D

DSC00827.jpg

Jaypers that's a fierce clean shed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

What was the prize?

If it is a pallet of Gyproc there will be trouble!! :mad:

Congrats Fergal, and thanks to everyone who heeded the call to vote!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Congratulations Fergal!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm so relieved.
    I was already angry just at the possibility of a fecking painted shed beating your beautiful boat!

Now these would be worthy opponents :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement