Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Twitter Tipster

Options
  • 24-08-2016 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭

There's a lad on Twitter that has had x40 (consecutive) win predictions in the footy, has anyone else come close to this record?

Btw his 41st prediction is live (73 mins) but not yet fulfilled. (Zagreb game over 1.5).

I'll post up link to him
    - as soon as someone multiplies 25notes by x1.33, forty times* and then produces the total figure. (assuming @1.33 is the average return).

*(you will require a calculator for this process).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The 41st forecast was fulfilled at 87mins.

I suppose backing this at 86mins for a laugh wasn't the best idea, or was it?

ttt_41st_winner.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I suppose backing this at 86mins for a laugh wasn't the best idea, or was it?

ttt_41st_winner.png

skinny odds, but wasn't following the game to know how probably it was.

link to twitter?

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    skinny odds, but wasn't following the game to know how probably it was.

Neither I just assumed 41st was going to fulfill.

As soon as someone multiplies 25notes by x1.33, forty times compounded, and then produces the total figure. I'm too lazy to perform this 'digit laborious task' on a calculator, and an curious to the theoretical running total from initial 25.

Neither I just assumed 41st was going to fulfill.

As soon as someone multiplies 25notes by x1.33, forty times compounded, and then produces the total figure. I'm too lazy to perform this 'digit laborious task' on a calculator, and an curious to the theoretical running total from initial 25.

is it 8.31 x 41 = 341.53

need about 75% strike rate to break even

but i could be totally wrong

• Advertisement

weeeee bit more than 341, any math wizards out there?
    Here's the 1st three to get warmed up with

1). 25 @1.33 (avg) = 33.25
    2). 33.25 @1.33 = 44.22
    3). 44.22 @1.33 = 58.81
    4).
    5).
    6)....
    40)=

weeeee bit more than 341, any math wizards out there?
    Here's the 1st three to get warmed up with

1). 25 @1.33 (avg) = 33.25
    2). 33.25 @1.33 = 44.22
    3). 44.22 @1.33 = 58.81
    4).
    5).
    6)....
    40)=

sorry i was reading it ad a single 25 bet each time. very risky all in

€3.9m

sorry i was reading it ad a single 25 bet each time. very risky all in

Yep it's compounded/rolled-over, like his peers it's setup as a 25-1k challenge over x10 bets, then they cash out and restart.

The x40 accumulation is more of a speculative scenario. While it's very unlikely to be feasible for various reasons, it could perhaps be performed under very unique, certain techniques.

€3.9m

Sounds about right, give or take a few bob.

ttt_41_ok_G.png

ttt_41_ok.png

• Advertisement

roll over 13 times for €1k

sounds easy....but..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm doing one of these right now, started with a tenner and have it up to about 50 using the +1.5 goals market, of course now I've gone public the next bet will be a fail.

betting.jpg

One plus side is, perhaps it's better than lumping on a horse that may not want to run or jump or enjoy then rain.
    You generally start low wait a fair while, then exit whenever you feel comfortable or after x10.
    More entertainment value than anything.

Even his much lesser counterparts such as the badman-tipster complete more x10 challenges than fail.
    There was a ratio floating about, something like only 1 from 40 challenges completing is your break-even point.
    Completing over four challenges in a row is almost 'derren-brown-esq'.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Yes, that's the chap '@freetipsfooty', meant to post link just uploaded his tw handle via screengrab image.
    There are a couple of others nearly as good, such as the @Betting_Buddha, but 41 wins is almost Guiness book or records material.

Worth mentioning his Accums and Doubles aren't always so good, still (on average) around 3 from 4 come trough, at higher odds of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

25 * (1.33^41) = 2.99 m

Only takes one line in a calculator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So which bookie has allowed a stake of over 2 million to be placed? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

hqdefault.jpg

Indeed, as mentioned this was a 'theoretical' total. Saying that, if a small (very eager) syndicate with access to say 20 online accounts each (including exchanges), along with distributed locations featuring high catchment areas of shops throughout Ire&UK, perhaps would they could cause a few headaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

He also has a free app for Android and iOS, he only started it up a couple of weeks ago but it works pretty well at notifying you of a tip.

The guy is brilliant at this, I've never seen the likes of him before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

djhaxman wrote: »
    He also has a free app for Android and iOS, he only started it up a couple of weeks ago but it works pretty well at notifying you of a tip.

The guy is brilliant at this, I've never seen the likes of him before.

What is the name of the app please?

Twatter is probably the easiest port of all, assuming notifications are switched on.
    There was a facepage, but it kept getting closed down, due to terms of use policy.

https://twitter.com/freetipsfooty he just put a x4-ACCA, these are not part of the 41+ challenge series, decent(ish) all the same.
    The App also appears to be free, perhaps he's getting more than enough goodwill donations, and affiliate link revenues already.

Obviously the fun run will end sooner or later, guesstimate it will make it to around #47.

What is the name of the app please?

It's Free Football Tips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Twatter is probably the easiest port of all, assuming notifications are switched on.
    There was a facepage, but it kept getting closed down, due to terms of use policy.

https://twitter.com/freetipsfooty he just put a x4-ACCA, these are not part of the 41+ challenge series, decent(ish) all the same.
    The App also appears to be free, perhaps he's getting more than enough goodwill donations, and affiliate link revenues already.

Obviously the fun run will end sooner or later, guesstimate it will make it to around #47.

It stopped sooner then, including this acca

abarkie wrote: »
    It stopped sooner then, including this acca

He didn't post a tip last night. Another thing I like about him, he doesn't rush it, if there's nothing he fancies then he won't tip.

His accas are ****e. It's how he makes his money, with the 30% cut of the losses. I won't begrudge him that though, he's made lots of people lots of money with the challenge bets.

Yes the challenge series is a separate entity to the token acca's, his competitors are better at this task.
    It's almost the same as rolling a 5-sided dice with 4 red sides (80%) and 1 black,
    but managing to roll on reds 41 times in succession, a phenonomenonomen.

Thereby some skill leverage must be attached, whether statistical research, knowledge or otherwise.
    Odds vary depending on timing, it's usually recommended to wait until 1.4 for popular markets such as 'Over 0.5'
    going earlier may be much lower 1.15 or 1.2, 85min+ does have a high frequency also, for 2.5.

42 wins in a row now, that one was quick!

The 42nd came in fast, sub-4mins response time was required.

Red card at 63' so may well be 1-2 to Rangers, or over 2.5 @1.36.
    The odds were skinny on 42nd only 1.3.

• Advertisement

Screen_Shot_2016_08_26_at_21_29_45.png

Advertisement