Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time Special on Console

Options
  • 23-06-2016 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭

I think this might need a thread. I see he's resigned already.

Six different sets of accounts. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is there anything straight anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

That's terrible, Paul Kelly using Bertie's name to elicit money from people. Shur we know the only person that is entitled to look for dig outs using Bertie's name is Bertie himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Freddiestar

Kelly pretended he was a Doctor and got a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,618 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't know what's worse, them making up board members or the fact that state agencies gave millions of tax payers money to Console when clearly the board was not as it should be and any basic check could have verified this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I find this extremely upsetting. It's particularly hurtful to all the families bereaved by suicide who have fundraised tirelessly for Console :mad:

• Advertisement
    M

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I find this extremely upsetting. It's particularly hurtful to all the families bereaved by suicide who have fundraised tirelessly for Console :mad:

It will likely destroy the organisation like Rehab. Hopefully they didn't resign with big fat pension and severance packages to make things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Kelly missed his calling, he should have worked for Anglo :rolleyes:

Kelly missed his calling, he should have worked for Anglo :rolleyes:

More like Irish Nationwide tbh.

I bet Fergus Finlay will be on tomorrow baulking about how terrible this is, and not one of the radio interviewers will ever ask him how he can take >100k out of the Barnardo's buckets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Are big slap in the face for anyone who fund raised for console.... Charities need to be controlled properly

M

I'm afraid to think how secure any personal data they have on clients would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Half a million in travel expenses in travel to Australia and New Zealand where he has family.
    Basically using the charity as his personal fund.

Egg on the face for government departments again... HSE and Revenue. And we think we have learned lessons from the banking fiasco. Not a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Very dodgy accounts it seems, former senator who was a board member and she was never told? Id be fuming if I were her. Very suspicious indeed. Further investigation required. Prime Time has its uses, one of the better ways to spend the licence fee.

M

Egg on the face for government departments again... HSE and Revenue. And we think we have learned lessons from the banking fiasco. Not a chance.

The frightening thing is those same people who signed off and "verified" the details when clear basic information was missing or incorrect will be still in their job signing off many more millions without any punishment or demotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Here's that story about his stint as a 'doctor' in the '80s...

ClqfEW2WgAAXkHX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

Who are the accountants?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

PlayStation or X Box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

How could cConsole get 59,000 euros when they submitted incomplete records to the Department of Foreign Affairs,ie the bits relating to expenses paid,surely even a dimwitted official would notice a section was missing.Are we now to believe there was nobody in the Department who could read and analyse the works of fiction presented by Console.How could half a million euros be spent on travel to New Zealand and Australia,surely you would need a few signatures to release the funds,oh,hang on a second,Paul Kelly ,his wife,his sister and their son all worked for Console,they employed each other because they trusted each other.

I want to know asap did they travel first class to these long haul destinations,it should be easy enough to see what seats were booked.

Did all those people riding around Ireland to raise suicide awareness hand over the money collected to Console.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Xyzforsure

Benefacts.ie

Search console!

Very very interesting

LaLa2004 wrote: »
    Who are the accountants?

Birmingham and co auditor's

It's in the public domain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

That's terrible, Paul Kelly using Bertie's name to elicit money from people. Shur we know the only person that is entitled to look for dig outs using Bertie's name is Bertie himself.

Astonishing link given Bertie's famous comment about anyone point out the signs of our economic crash should go and commit suicide.

Astonishing link given Bertie's famous comment about anyone point out the signs of our economic crash should go and commit suicide.

Bertie washed his money through the charity. ..... hilarious

M

Xyzforsure wrote: »
    Benefacts.ie

Great site, has the accounts too....

Looking at the 2014 accounts...
    • Page 41 - Consultancy Fees of €81,528 paid to Paul Kelly (€90,066 in 2013), would that be normal for a charity to pay such a fee to their CEO?
    • Page 19 - Merchandising Costs were nearly €56k, wtf was that being spent on, were they doing an Anglo and buying loads of golf balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

https://twitter.com/console_charity/status/746088796949782528

The staff at Console would like to thank you for your patience as we work through these difficult days

Shredding paper all day is hard work.

Dirty filthy scum if they were stealing from the suicidal folk - what next ? stealing milk from the premmie babies and selling it ?

Are the consultancy fees separate to his salary costs.

It does appear to be the case that charity CEOS earn very big salaries,I would consider any salary in excess of 80,000 to be big.The salaries dont appear to have gone down even though the money donated must have dried up during the recession.

I am not giving one cent to Console in the future and I have lost a family member to suicide.The thoughts of someone jetting off to Australia on holliers is sickening.

Why didnt the Gardai make a statement today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's enough there for the ODCE to lock the directors up for life if they persue them. Revenue will have a field day on them as well.

Console raised 12 million euros in income between 2005 and 2014,a quarter of this money came from the HSE.

What services apart from counselling does this organisation supply.

Who is overlooking what the HSE is doing with taxpayers money,do they have external auditors.

Mary63 wrote: »
    Console raised 12 million euros in income between 2005 and 2014,a quarter of this money came from the HSE.

Who is overlooking what the HSE is doing with taxpayers money,do they have external auditors.

Hse is a shambles

M

Mary63 wrote: »

That's over €25k a week they took in :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Console was established in 2002 by Paul Kelly after he had experienced the grief of losing a loved one by Suicide.

Probably a distant relation that he never met.

Advertisement