Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I made inquiries about the reefer - like a fool

Options
  • 28-02-2016 11:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I didn't think Irish were so closed minded - particularly in the west.

You'd swear I asked them where the nearest black mass was being conducted.

"No man, I dunno" - looks over my shoulder like he's expecting the swat team to come crashing through the door.

Two chicks behind a bar, basically stood there with their mouths open when I popped the question, like I'd just walked through the door and declared I was a convicted rapist who'd just escaped mountjoy.

This is "the herb" we're talking about here.

Is not legal by those neanderthals in parlement, but to the common folk - and they still regard it as some kind of "illicit" substance?

People - are you for real?

A sad day, when I come to realize how backward the Irish mentality remains to be.

Sad sad sad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

WTF are ya talking about??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Da fuq?

'The herb'

'The reefer'

Black mass?

ARE THOSE MY FEET?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If you actually referred to it as 'the reefer' I'm not surprised people gave you stunned looks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

You are talking about weed, right? As far as I know, no one in ireland calls it refer.

I think that's were you are going wrong....

Ucd heads nowadays... Eh

Maybe when you graduate you might come back and try make some sense out of your post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

I don't think being taken aback about being asked by a random stranger as to how to obtain an illegal substance (which it is, whether you agree with that or not) is either Irish or backwards or closed-minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Reefer. You've smoked too much OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Have you considered the possibility that they weren't close minded, but actually didn't have the first ****ing clue what you were jabbering about? I mean... were you high at the time? Are you high now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Ye can talk all ye want about weed but there is nothing out there at all now. Must be the biggest drought in the history of the Irish state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

What a 'dope'......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

All inquiries should be submitted in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Great to see another example of how a publicly funded education is completely wasted on some people.

To the streets with you and your broom. Snap snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ye can talk all ye want about weed but there is nothing out there at all now. Must be the biggest drought in the history of the Irish state.

You're looking in the wrong places if you can't find it.

You're looking in the wrong places if you can't find it.

Well I can't exactly take a trip down to cork at this time really, and there again I am seriously thinking of it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Bit early for weed . daffodil's are out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

So sad, I'm in tears! Maybe get the two "chicks" to cheer you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

So you just walked up to random strangers and asked them if they had "any reefer man?"
    They probably thought you were a Yellowpack, straight out of Templemore and looking for your first "burst"...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kurtainsider

"No man" ..... "Two chicks" ....."the herb"

Maybe the "chicks" were dumbfounded because they thought that they had somehow stepped through a portal back to the 1970's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Far out, man.

OP, I hope you weren't in this state when you asked them for reefer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Try TK Maxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What a joke, the biggest drought in the history of the state? You can have anything you want delivered to your door as quickly and easily as buying it on Ebay these days, it's a flood not a drought.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I didn't know Thomas Pynchon posted on boards.

Thargor wrote: »
    What a joke, the biggest drought in the history of the state? You can have anything you want delivered to your door as quickly and easily as buying it on Ebay these days, it's a flood not a drought.

I've no bitcoins left they're all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Maybe they don't want to sell to a loudmouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

OP, you should have donned your air guitar & given them girleens the full verse & chorus of Don't Fear the Reefer.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    OP, you should have donned your air guitar & given them girleens the full verse & chorus of Don't Fear the Reefer.
    Only if there was access to sufficient cowbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭elstingeo

Do yourself a favour and get a new hobby, get your head in the game and drop that 70s lingo.. You're not on an episode of kojak. If anyone spoke to me like that I'd assume they're a guard who's near retirement..

• Advertisement

Don't commit your hate crimes here, narc!

Advertisement