Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for suggestions replacement for mira elite 2

Options
  • 26-01-2016 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

I need to replace my old mira elite 2 electric shower which has finally given up after 12 years. I was going to go for the mira QT but have just seen a negative post about the same shower and this has unnerved me. Can anyone recommend a replacement, I live in an area with fairly good pressure. I also have a water softening system if that makes a difference. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

What negative? It's too quiet?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭patsyrockem

Motor had to be replaced after a few weeks.:confused:

Motor had to be replaced after a few weeks.:confused:

That a once off thing or was there more saying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

corkgsxr wrote:
    That a once off thing or was there more saying it?

It's not a one off. A third of all qt showers we've fitted are quieter, a third are the same noise as the old mira elite and a third are noisier. Some have a very high pitch noise, like a dentist drill. We have a lot of complaints afterwards and a very high level of them needing repair under the warranty. Mira Ireland Mira UK won't release of spare parts price list and I find this worrying
    The shower itself is a sturdier build than other Mira showers and could be a good shower once they sort out the pump issues. Remember its only out a few months. I'm looking at it the same way a lot of people look at a new version of Windows. A lot of people won't upgrade till sp1 comes out. The jury is still out on this model.

Feck. Iv fitted a few and all quieter and Iv yet to have a callback.

Still time will tell

• Advertisement

corkgsxr wrote:
    Feck. Iv fitted a few and all quieter and Iv yet to have a callback.

We've fitted over 50 now. Two we ended up putting Triton t90z in, in the end. The owners didn't like the high pitch sound of the motor. They are working on modifying the motor so they know there an issue but at the same thing they are still selling dodgie ones until the problem is fixed.
    Hopefully they'll have it sorted in a few months

Am I better off putting in a T90 instead, are there any issues that I need to be aware of? Have had triton showers before in another house without any issues. Thanks to all for your help.

Am I better off putting in a T90 instead, are there any issues that I need to be aware of? Have had triton showers before in another house without any issues. Thanks to all for your help.

The elite is portrait shaped & triton landscape shaped. Assuming that your shower is tiled behind & you have about 4 inches of free space to the right of your mira then a t90 will go in easy enough without moving the pipe or cable.

Sorry to say yet another call this morning about a Mira Elite Qt that was fitted in October. Sounds like yet another pump needs replacing.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Sorry to say yet another call this morning about a Mira Elite Qt that was fitted in October. Sounds like yet another pump needs replacing.

That's not good, hedging towards an alternative at the moment even though a plumber recommended the QT. I need to check if the triton is going to be suitable.

• Advertisement

That's not good, hedging towards an alternative at the moment even though a plumber recommended the QT. I need to check if the triton is going to be suitable.

Triton also do a T900pi. This is the same footprint as the mira elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shakeymathuna

Triton also do a T900pi. This is the same footprint as the mira elite.

My shower,a Mira Elite 2, packed in yesterday and, due to the bad reports re it"s replacement, I'm looking at replacing it with Triton T900PI. When you say that it has the same footprint as the mira does that mean that there is no problems replacing it as regards electricals and plumbing?

I was quoted 292 euro for the Triton by a Cork supplier today.The T80si is available on Amazon for 207 euro.How sure are you that the T80si is one and the same as the T900pi.

Apologies for the longwinded question and thanks for your help.

My shower,a Mira Elite 2, packed in yesterday and, due to the bad reports re it"s replacement, I'm looking at replacing it with Triton T900PI. When you say that it has the same footprint as the mira does that mean that there is no problems replacing it as regards electricals and plumbing?

I was quoted 292 euro for the Triton by a Cork supplier today.The T80si is available on Amazon for 207 euro.How sure are you that the T80si is one and the same as the T900pi.

Apologies for the longwinded question and thanks for your help.

I own Dublin's largest independent shower repair company. The Triton T80SI Pumped electric shower is the same as the Triton T900pi. Look out for the word PUMPED
    If the Triton T90SR fits in even better

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shakeymathuna

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

We've fitted over 50 now. Two we ended up putting Triton t90z in, in the end. The owners didn't like the high pitch sound of the motor. They are working on modifying the motor so they know there an issue but at the same thing they are still selling dodgie ones until the problem is fixed.
    Hopefully they'll have it sorted in a few months

Hi Sleeper12,
    11month on, the question still is - has Mira successfully fixed the motor problem???

/daz

Hi Sleeper12, 11month on, the question still is - has Mira successfully fixed the motor problem???

A lot of the casings are cracking & breaking now. Some showers have pulled through the screws and are left hanging by the water pipe and electric cable.
    It's my opinion that this shower should be removed from the market. They need to go back to the drawing board and start from scratch. Worst shower ever

thanks a lot.
    I have had casing issues with the Elite ST as well. Their plastic is deffo not the best.. if only the Triton T90sr was a closer match to the ST footprint. (i.e. portrait)

got a good deal on the Triton for 240. The noise is no comparison with the old Elite. I'm delighted with the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭smjm

got a good deal on the Triton for 240. The noise is no comparison with the old Elite. I'm delighted with the replacement.
    Any problem fitting it?

smjm wrote: »
    Any problem fitting it?

A bit of tile cutting and extra elbow fitting to accommodate the different location of the pipe connector. It is a bit awkward when pipe is coming from behind. But got it worked out. Only annoying thing is that the landscape format (and location of pipe) doesn't cover the old fixing holes from the Elite.

• Advertisement

Where can you get them for 240? That is a great price. I'd be interested in a few at that price myself

A bit of tile cutting and extra elbow fitting to accommodate the different location of the pipe connector. It is a bit awkward when pipe is coming from behind. But got it worked out. Only annoying thing is that the landscape format (and location of pipe) doesn't cover the old fixing holes from the Elite.

Tiny blob of silicone or grout to suit the tile colour and you'll never know the difference

Where can you get them for 240? That is a great price. I'd be interested in a few at that price myself

Got as an online quote from one of the builders providers (Officially advertised at 265). As it ce from he manager the guys on floor couldn't argue it to be a mistake. I think I was just lucky. :-)

Haven't had any coloured silicone at home , temp waterproofing with a bit of clear silicone till I get coloured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Hope it is ok to post up here and pull this back up

Currently renovating a house I bought, doing the finishing touchs now and noticed the ensuite has Mira Elite 2. It doesn't sound great to be honest and looks to be as old as the hills.

Every other house I have been in I had a Triton and in the bathroom in this house there is Triton so probably looking to replace with Triton, also based on history above Mira doesn't look the best.

If I get a T900pi(http://secure.tritonshowers.ie/electric-showers/t900pi-electric-shower.html) are they easy to fit? Are all the pipes etc in same spot?

I have always installed showers myself so just wondering will there be any issues?

I also seen the T80 shower from Triton? Not sure what they are for? Thanks

Shefwedfan wrote:
    If I get a T900pi(

Shefwedfan wrote:
    are they easy to fit? Are all the pipes etc in same spot?
    Pipes and cable are the same. Both showers are portrait shaped and have roughly the same footprint.
    My personal preference would be to fit the Triton t90sr silent shower. This one is landscape shaped but plumbing and cable in the same place. If your shower is tiled behind & you have a few inches to spare on the right hand side of the shower it'll be an easy swap.
    Shefwedfan wrote:
    I also seen the T80 shower from Triton? Not sure what they are for? Thanks

Mira elite, triton t90 and t900pi are all tank fed showers. T80 is different, it's a mains fed shower

Pipes and cable are the same. Both showers are portrait shaped and have roughly the same footprint.
    My personal preference would be to fit the Triton t90sr silent shower. This one is landscape shaped but plumbing and cable in the same place. If your shower is tiled behind & you have a few inches to spare on the right hand side of the shower it'll be an easy swap.

Would love the SR and buying one to replace a T90xr I have. I am just concerned there would be gaps and I am left putting filler in around the shower. Haven't took off the shower yet so might take into that this evening and see how it fits...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tiger57

Hi. Hope someone can help. I have a Mira Elite electric shower, fitted some years ago. There appears to be a leak from the shower, from slight staining evident on the ceiling below. In checking the interior of the shower (as a possible source), I notice a significant blackening of the area surrounding the electric cables. Is this normal? If the shower is in need of replacement, is the Mira Elite QT worth considering or are there still issues with this. Would the Triton T90 SR be a better bet. Could the T90 SR be fitted to replace the original Mira Elite without having to disrupt/re-do the existing electrical and plumbing supply. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

tiger57 wrote:
    Hi. Hope someone can help. I have a Mira Elite electric shower, fitted some years ago. There appears to be a leak from the shower, from slight staining evident on the ceiling below. In checking the interior of the shower (as a possible source), I notice a significant blackening of the area surrounding the electric cables. Is this normal? If the shower is in need of replacement, is the Mira Elite QT worth considering or are there still issues with this. Would the Triton T90 SR be a better bet. Could the T90 SR be fitted to replace the original Mira Elite without having to disrupt/re-do the existing electrical and plumbing supply. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

Your electric shower if leaking will leak into the shower or bath. What you are describing is a leak in the tiles or trap but definitely nothing to do with the electric shower
    I really don't see this as a shower replacement type of thing but if you do go down that road I'd suggest staying away from the Mira Elite Qt

Just as FYI, Triton T90sr is for sale at 250 in woodies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Hi everyone,
    Our Mira Elite 2 packed up today - which Triton option would be best that would avoid moving the existing water feed and screw/wall fittings i.e which Triton has same profile as the Mira Elite 2?
    Thanks!

Advertisement