Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Toy Show 2015 Megathread - Please read Mod Note #23 before posting.

Options
  • 24-11-2015 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭

It's the most wonderful time of the year for Billy Barry kids!

xmas_puppy.jpg

PUP_08_RK0228_06_P.JPG

Christmas-Kittens-teddybear64-17424545-506-303.jpg

Featuring the best toys out there!

toy4.jpg

jouets-stupides-8.png

creepy-toys2.jpg?itok=PYf7bJvD

Plus...

The jumper!

Surprise guests!

Ryan breaking a toy!

Ryan being berated by an angry kid!

And so much more!

Friday - 9.35pm! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

...and popcorn! So much popcorn. I cannot wait.
    Excellent op WMM

• Registered Users Posts: 85,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There once was a Elf called Ryan, whose tv show required lots of wine, so viewers could watch, all that he would botch, then home to his Gaybo shrine

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

48 hours to go! :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

jaysus, theres a joke in there somewhere about Madeline McCann and the Hitler youth

• Advertisement

24 hours to go! :D

joey-dancing-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Are we there yet....are we there yet....are we there yet...are we there yet ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Are we there yet....are we there yet....are we there yet...are we there yet ??????

One more sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

*disclaimer: This post may not be in the spirit of Christmas*

I heard them say on the radio this morning that the show took SEVEN weeks of preparation. And if anybody saw the interview with AP McCoy last week, it's obvious that preparation for everything else gets put on the back boiler while Tubridy tries on different Christmas jumpers and practices locking arms with the Billie Barry kids. Is this show really worth all the resources that RTE put into it, especially given that it's to the detriment to every other show in between?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I heard them say on the radio this morning that the show took SEVEN weeks of preparation. And if anybody saw the interview with AP McCoy last week, it's obvious that preparation for everything else gets put on the back boiler while Tubridy tries on different Christmas jumpers and practices locking arms with the Billie Barry kids. Is this show really worth all the resources that RTE put into it, especially given that it's to the detriment to every other show in between?

Abso-fúckin-lutely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Can anyone tell me how my kids could watch this tonight from the uk ... Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

gjc wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how my kids could watch this tonight from the uk ... Many thanks

I think last year it was available to watch worldwide on the RTE Player so that may be an option again this year. If it is it will be busy though and the RTE Player doesn't deal with busy well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

It is worth it for that one show but Tubs shouldnt be allowed do his piss poor performance on every other Late Late Show. It really shows that he puts effort into the toy show. He is less reliant on cue cards and notes. It also shows that he doesnt have to even try the rest of the year. He will milk this performance for everything it has got.

I dont want to drag this into a downer, I like the toy show and Tubs is as good as Gay or Pat at it, probably better. Just wish he would put a tenth of as much effort into a normal show. Roll on tonight:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

www.irishferries.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Why would young goats want to watch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

get someone in Ireland to Periscope it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Why do adults watch this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sam Kade wrote: »

Tradition, cringe factor, presents ideas for their own kids, they want to watch it with their kids, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

coz theyre pissed

• Advertisement

To watch Ryan accidentally demolish half the set when he tries out the new Segway/Hoverboard/Scooter/Go-Kart.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

A MESSAGE FROM THE TV MOD TEAM

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

Tonight is the one of busiest nights of the year for the Television forum - The Late Late Toy Show is a fast moving thread which attracts a huge following (1361 posts in 2014, 1700 posts in 2013 and 1547 posts in 2012).

So with this in mind the Television Moderators would ask everyone to familiarise themselves with the charter before posting in this thread.
    The Rules:

There should be no spam, trolling or any general muppetry.

Try to be friendly and courteous to each other. If things get out of hand, offenders will be banned. (Any abuse or racism will not be tolerated).

Commercial advertising is not permitted. (Contact the Admins if you wish to place ads on the site).

Please don't make demeaning comments about the appearance of guests that appear on the show (saying things like they're ugly, flat chested etc. is not acceptable).

Any "off topic" posts may be edited, closed or deleted without warning.

No backseat modding.

All the usual Boards.ie rules also apply.
    ***** Expect an infraction/ban if you make an offensive/derogatory remark about any minor appearing in tonight's show *****

***** If you have an issue with any post, please report it, don't quote it as it makes it more difficult to clean up the thread afterwards *****

Finally, whether you're a Late Late Show thread regular or a new poster, we hope you enjoy tonight's show/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The Late Late Toy Show will be available worldwide.

http://www.irishcentral.com/culture/entertainment/RTEs-Late-Late-Toy-Show-available-worldwide-online.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

John jo needs to be brought back.
    He was a hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

So any drinking games planned for the show tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

A show on RTE ONE now with every RTE staff member saying what a great lad Tubridy is with the kids. And the narration is done by Nicky Byrne just to give it the appropriate amount of class it deserves.

Might be of interest to some people though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Billy Barry brats not looking forward too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I am so excited :D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Why do we watch it?? cos its great craic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

2 hours to go.

fat-jonah-excited.gif

Advertisement