Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ali Express Bargains

Options
  • 18-10-2015 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

I have shopped a bit on Ali Express and found a few decent bargains on small items like RB (rayban) sunglasses and Oakley (oakly).

Is there any interest in starting a thread with bargains others have found on this site?
    Might help when looking for bargains if there are reputable stores that others can recommend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'd certainly be interested in one anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

When you order on the site does it actually turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yeah but you shouldn't expect it for about a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

I bought a Crystal ball on Ali Express a few weeks ago ,i just looked into it and it told me that this thread is not going to end well ...

Somthing about sticky,AngryDav,its all becoming blurred now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Sono

Sure does, if you want something quicker just order it to parcel motel, great website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Del007

Why is parcel motel quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Why is it quicker using parcel motel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Is Ali express not all Chinese knock off stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

I believe post to the UK arrives sooner. Greater priority

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Yes I often buy bits and pieces, generic versions of branded items. Always arrived eventually but don't buy if you need stuff quickly. The featured deals sometimes have good offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I've bought some phone covers and replica football jerseys in the past and no problems. 4-6 weeks for delivery. If you're getting clothes be careful of sizes etc. Cheap and cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Everything would be considered knock off however I find the stuff grand e.g. Phone covers, ties etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

I buy from tiny deal some really cheap stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

never hand any issue with buying from AliExpress, TinyDeal, or BuyinCoins, always cheap & cheerful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kalimera

Took a chance lady month on a watch to link with iPhone. Pleasantly surprised it arrived (3weejs) and works well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Kalimera wrote: »
    Took a chance lady month on a watch to link with iPhone. Pleasantly surprised it arrived (3weejs) and works well!

Are you typing on that watch now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Always use Parcel Motel for postage. It's safer and will cut down the minimum 4 week wait too 2 weeks.

Would actually be interested to know if someone could recommend a fitness tracker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

What I find Aliexpress deadly for is Pokemon teddies. My daughter loves them and they're not so easy to pick up otherwise. The quality of them is pretty good and you can always find the most obscure ones she's guaranteed to ask for.

Memory cards on the other hand, well never buy memory cards from Aliexpress.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Always use Parcel Motel for postage. It's safer and will cut down the minimum 4 week wait too 2 weeks.

I don't see how it's safer and it might cost more than the stuff your buying along with the fact stuff gets sent separately even from the same seller, could end up costing loads.

If you want something fast don't use aliexpress, I nearly always have something in order from them and find them great value for stuff that costs a lot more here (and loads of things you won't even find for sale here). But I expect to wait a month and would double the price of in used parcel motel a lot of the time.

I don't see how it's safer and it might cost more than the stuff your buying along with the fact stuff gets sent separately even from the same seller, could end up costing loads.

If you want something fast don't use aliexpress, I nearly always have something in order from them and find them great value for stuff that costs a lot more here (and loads of things you won't even find for sale here). But I expect to wait a month and would double the price of in used parcel motel a lot of the time.

Obviously depends on what you're ordering.
    If its something under €5 euro there's no point.
    But if i'm ordering stuff off Ali it's normally replica gear (kits,shoes etc) which i want to have as soon as possible.

Its also twice as quick with PM. I've ordered loads of kits from there and your average postage time is 4 weeks using an post... I've had stuff within 1 week using PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Im not sure if a thread about knock offs is a good idea for the forum as a whole, plus im sure the chinese affiliates will take over too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    But if i'm ordering stuff off Ali it's normally replica gear (kits,shoes etc) which i want to have as soon as possible.

What is the quality of the shoes like? I never knew these sites did clothing/shoes. I'm like a kid at Christmas browsing the shoe section here but a little worried about the quality even though the reviews seem very positive in general for most stuff.

For anyone who has bought jackets/shirts etc. Are the sizes generally OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Aliexpress is great, I have ordered about 70 items from them through the app and paid by Alipay. Not a single item has not turned up in An post. I try to stay under €23 per order for vat and customs reasons but no item was ever stopped, even the higher value items around €60 sailed through.
    However I did have one issue with some shoes where I got a 40% refund. I thought the seller was not being fair so for once I left negative feedback but it never appeared against the product. So read those buyer reviews with caution I don't think negative feedback from disputed items gets recorded against an item. Meaning the reviews are positively biased, seems strange from a country where freedom of expression is encouraged :)

Normally I search and sort by number of orders, real herd mentality but hopefully someone else has done the research. Typically 1/2 price compared to eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Blankety wrote: »
    Normally I search and sort by number of orders, real herd mentality but hopefully someone else has done the research. Typically 1/2 price compared to eBay.

Ha, I was wondering about that. In the men's casual shoe section alone their is over 140,000 different items :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

What is the quality of the shoes like? I never knew these sites did clothing/shoes. I'm like a kid at Christmas browsing the shoe section here but a little worried about the quality even though the reviews seem very positive in general for most stuff.

Shoes tend to be on the small side and narrow fitting, they are also US sizes. I'd go one size bigger than normal. Shirts are crazy small, at least 2 sizes smaller, if you are size 17 or more then you will struggle to get anything that suites.
    As I said earlier the reviews are positively biased as disputed items seems not to have reviews posted. Overall worth a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Would actually be interested to know if someone could recommend a fitness tracker

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xiaomi-miband-banggood-com-9-72-now-9-66-possible-tcb-6-3-2301223

Blankety wrote: »
    Shoes tend to be on the small side and narrow fitting, they are also US sizes. I'd go one size bigger than normal. Shirts are crazy small, at least 2 sizes smaller, if you are size 17 or more then you will struggle to get anything that suites.
    As I said earlier the reviews are positively biased as disputed items seems not to have reviews posted. Overall worth a gamble.

What about stitching quality in tho clothing? Has everything seemed to be well cut and symmetrical and with decent material?
    Also, could you recommend any decent products!?

• Advertisement

All the shoes i've ordered have been great!
    They're US sizes so you'll need to order a size up.

Pants,Shirts and other clothing are Asian sizes so they're very small fitting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement