Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart 4 Turbo smartphone - €29.99 in Dunnes Stores mailing offers

Options
  • 17-08-2015 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up for those of you that have a Dunnes Stores valueclub card and receive offers in the post with your usual card statement.

Got mine today in the post, and included was a leaflet with a promo barcode advertising the Vodafone Smart Turbo for only €29.99 on PAYG, when bought before the 15th September in a VF store. The leaflet says it is when switching your number, so just get a free 48 or Tesco SIM first online if needs be.

unnamed_1.jpg

Excellent price for the phone in fairness. 1GB RAM/Snapdragon 400/5MP Camera with flash/Android 4.4

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-4-turbo-pay-as-you-go-black

Unlock codes are hard to come by online, but if you know someone on Vodafone they can unlock it for you free of charge usually.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

I don't have dunes stores card so won't get but will gladly take voucher off anybody who doesn't want or need please, will send sae etc.
    Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

If anyone has a spare voucher they're not using, I'll gladly take it and put it to good use! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'd like to join the queue for any spare vouchers going.. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

MAORISH wrote: »
    I'm not using my leaflet..... 1st to Pm with their address can have it... I'll post it on Wednesday.

Probably best to PM first poster that asked above, but that's up to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Pm sent

• Advertisement

Picked mine up in-store today. No issues at all buying it, handed over the voucher and gave him the number of a spare 48 SIM I had. No credit needed to be bought at all. Grand total €29.99 :D

IMG_20150819_181305.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How easy is it to unlock? Some pointers please.

snubbleste wrote: »
    How easy is it to unlock? Some pointers please.

Direct from Vodafone only unfortunately. It is manufactured by Yulong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Del007

if anyone has a voucher then I'd love one, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Techmaster wrote: »
    Picked mine up in-store today. No issues at all buying it, handed over the voucher and gave him the number of a spare 48 SIM I had. No credit needed to be bought at all. Grand total €29.99 :D

IMG_20150819_181305.jpg

I got the same voucher in post also, needing a new phone as my Samsung Galaxy Ace is slowing down, as it was a handy phone at start.

It's good that you had no problem getting it in the store, our local store was picky when i got 2 Vodafone Smart phones for family posted one Dec on boards, that they had to come in store for them :mad: not much of a surprise for xmas, just got them online & no problem.

I'll head for a bigger store, i've a few spare Tesco sims about, if it's possible to say it's for someone else, would that do?

But would be handy if someone ever found an unlock code as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Runa

Im interested to join the queue for spare vouchers ..Thank you

I got the same voucher in post also, needing a new phone as my Samsung Galaxy Ace is slowing down, as it was a handy phone at start.

It's good that you had no problem getting it in the store, our local store was picky when i got 2 Vodafone Smart phones for family posted one Dec on boards, that they had to come in store for them :mad: not much of a surprise for xmas, just got them online & no problem.

I'll head for a bigger store, i've a few spare Tesco sims about, if it's possible to say it's for someone else, would that do?

But would be handy if someone ever found an unlock code as well.

Yeah that should be fine. Just be sure you have the 089 number from the SIM pack to give them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Can I suggest that if anyone is giving away vouchers that they are given to regular BA contributors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Lads, I have a couple of Meteor sims at home, that have never been used or registered.
    Do they need to be used on their own network before they'll (Carphone warehouse) port the number to Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Brilliant price - good phone. I'm not in the market right now, but did a double take when I saw this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭54and56

Is this phone even worth €29.99? The reviews on the VF site http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-4-turbo-pay-as-you-go-black# are very mixed. Some people think it's a great phone for €79 whereas a lot of others complain of crashing, overheating, poor camera, poor WiFi performance and rubbish battery.

Good (Irish) review here

Has anyone here gotten their's yet and what are your impressions? I know it's only €29.99 but if it's not useable that could be a waste of €29.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

I have a voucher if anyone wants it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

now online wrote: »
    I have a voucher if anyone wants it.

Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Voucher gone

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Im just going to ask this, if I get a new sim from 3 could I change that to vodafone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

I have an ozzi sim (Telstra) can I use that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Tiz no Ultra 6 i tell ya :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

i would love a voucher if anyone not using theirs !!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

I'm already on Vodafone, can I not get this phone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

kenkin wrote: »
    I'm already on Vodafone, can I not get this phone?

Just grab a pre pay sim from another company. "Port" that to vodafone when getting this. Then throw your own sim into the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

I know this will sound stupid but what does "port that to Vodafone" mean

kenkin wrote: »
    I know this will sound stupid but what does "port that to Vodafone" mean

It means to move your number to Vodafone.

I got mine yesterday and after playing around with it, trying games, 1080p videos etc. I can say it is a very capable phone and definitely worth 30 quid. Asphalt 8 ran surprisingly smooth on this, as did a few of my blu-ray 1080p rips.

The Sim you are using as a fake 'port' does not need to have been used. He didn't even verify my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭54and56

Techmaster wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday and after playing around with it, trying games, 1080p videos etc. I can say it is a very capable phone and definitely worth 30 quid. Asphalt 8 ran surprisingly smooth on this, as did a few of my blu-ray 1080p rips.

That's all I needed to hear, thanks Techmaster.

I got my 10 year old daughter a Smart Prime 6 http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-prime-6-pay-as-you-go-anthracite a few weeks back for €89.99 which she used mostly for games, snapchatting her pals and Netflix. I was very impressed with it's capability and build quality until she dropped her bag and cracked the screen. Cost to replace the screen? €0.01 more than it cost to buy the phone :(

I think this Smart 4 Turbo will more than suffice for her needs and with the added protection of this case - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00T60AXMK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 for less than €10 delivered I think I'll have her back up and running for €40 which is €50 less than the cost of fixing her phone or buying another Smart Prime 6.

• Advertisement

That's all I needed to hear, thanks Techmaster.

I got my 10 year old daughter a Smart Prime 6 http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-prime-6-pay-as-you-go-anthracite a few weeks back for €89.99 which she used mostly for games, snapchatting her pals and Netflix. I was very impressed with it's capability and build quality until she dropped her bag and cracked the screen. Cost to replace the screen? €0.01 more than it cost to buy the phone :(

I think this Smart 4 Turbo will more than suffice for her needs and with the added protection of this case - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00T60AXMK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 for less than €10 delivered I think I'll have her back up and running for €40 which is €50 less than the cost of fixing her phone or buying another Smart Prime 6.

It should be absolutely fine for her needs. Very speedy with Nova Launcher installed and all the Vodafone bloatware uninstalled.

Did you get a voucher from Dunnes?

Advertisement