Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry my yoghurt!

Options
  • 03-11-2014 9:32pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-29886175
    Sinn Féin Culture Minister Carál Ní Chuilín has accused the DUP's Gregory Campbell of "pure ignorance" in the Northern Ireland Assembly.
    The clash came during a debate on the Irish language and Ulster Scots.
    When invited to speak by principal deputy speaker Mitchel McLaughlin, Mr Campbell replied: "Curry my yoghurt can coca coalyer".
    In Irish, the phrase "go raibh maith agat, Ceann Comhairle" means "thank you, speaker".
    Mr Campbell then asked the minister about a minority languages strategy.
    Do you have a favourite mus-pronunciation of an Irish phrase (or any other language).

I always used to like Mercy Buckets for merci beaucoup! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Id like to be more mature but grassy ass, for gracias obviously like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

yuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

No you add yoghurt to curry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DuMorph

Unionist humour.

Don't you just love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Campbell's always been a particularly petty and bitter man.

Folks like himself, Willie Frazer, Jim Allister & Cedric Wilson simply don't deserve the attention afforded them tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Gregory Campbell DUP: Bigot, fascist, hypocrite.

DuMorph wrote: »
    Unionist humour.

Don't you just love it!

As funny as a fire in a children's home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Be better to just carry on and ignore him, all he wants is an argument to make himself relevant. His recent tirades have been against the likes of The Simpsons, the musical preferences of EPL footballers and the Italian dictionary, he's nothing more than an attention seeker.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,335 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Bitter my lemon a chairde

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Says more about Campbell than it does about anyone else.

He has only proven himself to be yet another in a long line of dickhead politicians from all sides of the divide that continually let the people of Northern Ireland down.

What he said is not something to be offended or outraged over.

Just feel sorry for the poor fucking eejit if thats the level he stoops to get a few cheap laughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Chucky Orla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If the debate was on the Indian language for example and Campbell stood up and mocked, he'd be slammed for being xenophobic. The man is nothing other than a bigoted dinosaur and it saddens me that this happened in parliament, in front of elected representatives! His mates sneering behind him is disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

What a hugely ignorant and stupid person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Hardly worth even responding to really other than to say that it really just shows the DUP to be a caricature of themselves and the fact that they're still dwelling somewhere in the early 19th century.

The rest of the world's moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Maybe he was trying to say it in Ulster Scots, ya know, that real, totally not made up language some knuckle draggers are clinging too as a sign they have culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Freezing = it's Friesian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Surely another victory for British kkkulture in Norn Iron :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

The problem is that he's not just on his own in thinking the way he does. There's many bigots who vote for him and his like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Hay Disney Ken air nosh knoll luggage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ta shay mahogoney gas pipes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Is maith liom caca milis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Those protestants - always up to no good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

G'day ma tayto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DuMorph

Klata barradda nikto, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Ulster Scots is a made up language so that the prods can get funding like the nationalists.

pure & simple.

Northern Ireland is NOT bilingual like the rest of Ireland.

In the Dail you can expect to hear Irish spoken and that is good and right.

the UK does NOT have a bilingual policy (other than Wales) so there should be no place for Irish, Ulster Scots, Mandarin, Polish or Africaans, or any language other than English.

What yer man did was typical of the infantile behaviour of BOTH SIDES of the political system up here.

Last week my Mrs was talking to a guy who was governor of a state (ie not Catholic) primary school.

when Caitríona Ruane was in charge of education, they had a meeting with her about her plans to cut funding.

she would only speak Irish.

I don't know how long the meeting was scheduled to run, but the school folks walked out because she was refusing to speak a language that anyone else in the room understood.

Completely unacceptable childish behaviour is the NORM for our politicians.

on both sides

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ulster Scots page of the Assembly.

http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/ABOUT-THE-ASSEMBLY/General-Information/Information-Leaflets/Ulster-Scots/
    The Assemblie…

is the devolved Govrenment o Norlin Airlan. Hit haes the pouer for tae mak laas in a braid reinge airts, comprehendan the housin, the employ, the leir, the halth, the agricultur an the environs. Hit forgaithers at the Pairlament Biggins, Belfast.

Wantan tae find out mair anent the Norlin Airlan Assemblie?

Pey a veesit tae the wabsteid on
    www.niassembly.gov.uk
    Caa or email wi onie speirs
    See the Assemblie in plenarie session on Monandey or Tuesdey
    Gae tae a comatee forgaither in the Pairlament Biggins or in yer hamelie airt
    Get ahauld o yer LMF for tae speir efter a tour o the biggin
    Pey a veesit tae the Pairlament Biggins (Monandey til Frydey) for tae tak a keek at the Graund Haa an giftie shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I once heard an Irish word, or possibly phrase, on the radio that sounded like "cunt-a-shocked"

I asked the wife, as she is Irish, but she thought I was talking nonsense. And, to be fair, I can see where she might get that idea.

Any ideas?

While I think it's a load of infantile, 19th century nonsense, I have to say that natural yogurt on a curry is absolutely delicious and must be tried!

To make amends, I think he should be required to make take the whole assembly out for a curry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

that is absolutely hilarious, it genuinely sounds like something from the Muppets.

Look: if it keeps them happy and from squabbling and throwing things at each other, leave them at it!

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    If the debate was on the Indian language for example and Campbell stood up and mocked, he'd be slammed for being xenophobic. The man is nothing other than a bigoted dinosaur and it saddens me that this happened in parliament, in front of elected representatives! His mates sneering behind him is disgusting.

"the Indian language"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement