Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get from Standsted to legoland, Windsor -

Options
  • 04-06-2014 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,
    I am looking for advice. We ( 2 adults and 3 children) travel to LEGOLAND mid week for 3 days. Flying into Standsted from Knock on a Wednesday mid day returning Friday night. I priced a taxi from Airport to LEGOLAND which is £220 return. We can get train into London for £90 return but need to get from London to Windsor. I then priced a taxi from London to LEGOLAND which is £170 return. If we opt for the taxi from Standsted will we spend most of the time in traffic? I have no idea. It is expensive but my time is running out...Has anyone any suggestions which is the easiest way to get from the airport to LEGOLAND?
    In anticipation....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Apply occam's razor,the simplest journey is probably the most logical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

mariahc wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am looking for advice. We ( 2 adults and 3 children) travel to LEGOLAND mid week for 3 days. Flying into Standsted from Knock on a Wednesday mid day returning Friday night. I priced a taxi from Airport to LEGOLAND which is £220 return. We can get train into London for £90 return but need to get from London to Windsor. I then priced a taxi from London to LEGOLAND which is £170 return. If we opt for the taxi from Standsted will we spend most of the time in traffic? I have no idea. It is expensive but my time is running out...Has anyone any suggestions which is the easiest way to get from the airport to LEGOLAND?
    In anticipation....

Walk.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Why you didn't book flights to Heathrow in the first place is beyond me. Stansted is a pain in the hole if you're going west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Car rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gertrude2

Stanstead express goes into Liverpool Street Station

There are 2 rail services to Windsor

* Waterloo to Windsor & Eton Riverside

* Paddington to Windsor & Eton Central.
    I'd use this. I think Paddington is easier to get to from Liverpool Street

You can use the TFL.gov.uk website to plan routes around London. You'd need to go straight from Stanstead to Paddington - You really don't want to be on the Tube in rush hour, especially with kids.

Windsor to LEGOLAND shouldn't cost more than about £20 in a taxi. I'm assuming you're staying in Windsor itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

As somebody already mentioned, car rental. This has to be the single cheapest way to do it by a long long way. I'm assuming you can't use that as an option if you're considering a taxi.

As somebody already mentioned, car rental. This has to be the single cheapest way to do it by a long long way. I'm assuming you can't use that as an option if you're considering a taxi.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Has anyone any suggestions which is the easiest way to get from the airport to LEGOLAND?
    Probably isn't the cheapest though:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mariahc

Why you didn't book flights to Heathrow in the first place is beyond me. Stansted is a pain in the hole if you're going west.

Less travelling this side...tiny airport of Knock only up the road from me Vs the nightmare of Dublin Airport 3 hours and E300 dearer for same dates. Ironically spending that the other side now!!

boombang wrote: »

Never considered rental as staying in legoland hotel...

• Advertisement

boombang wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I don't know but there's probably no god.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I don't know but there's probably no god.

Lego is better than god. Had a great day at Legoland Malaysia last year.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There's always Lego Jesus

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2VlEEYr_O4RXEy4JnGHbtis-aYrRXlq1uBsY5PYULxpeT3mTjeQ

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The Brick Testament.

http://thebrickbible.com/

/thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

She is flying from Knock though so there is a loose religious element to the thread

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    She is flying from Knock though so there is a loose religious element to the thread

I hear they say good mass at the departure gate,
    Also instead of peanuts they hand out rosaries beads during the flight,
    :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I love a good mass

Thanks for the advice, renting a car E60...new to Boards so don't know how my query ended up in this category...enjoying the humour though

Depends on how long you're staying. If you're going for two days then I imagine you just hire the car and keep it with you until you return to Stansted.

If you stay a week there's an Avis at Windsor (or all the others at nearby Heathrow). Rent from them at Stansted, drop family at the hotel. Return to Avis Windsor, cab back to Lego land and just do the reverse on the way home.

I reckon you might be able to manage that all for not much more than E100.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks for the advice, renting a car E60...new to Boards so don't know how my query ended up in this category...enjoying the humour though
    Welcome, mariahc. :)

If you still need anything answered you could ask here in the UK; London Forum. Otherwise I can move this thread there, or of course you can always ask here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

See,we can decently answer all queries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Dades wrote: »
    Welcome, mariahc. :)

If you still need anything answered you could ask here in the UK; London Forum. Otherwise I can move this thread there, or of course you can always ask here!

Its too late for him. He is one of us now! Take that Christians!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Mwuahahaha! We recruit all sorts. First we came for the Lego fanciers...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Mwuahahaha! We recruit all sorts. First we came for the Lego fanciers...

Why else would a Lego Movie be made? :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I thought this thread would be a car crash but I come on and see that EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

EVERYTHING IS COOOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,222 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

iguana wrote: »
    I thought this thread would be a car crash but I come on and see that EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!!!

Hey, don't spoil it! haven't got it yet as the Frozen DVD is still on constant rotation here.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Thanks for the advice, renting a car E60.

And there we have it: Atheism saves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

good job she posted here and didn't accidentally post in the christian forum, they'd have crucified her! :eek:

Advertisement