Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ancient Tara monument vandalised

Options
  • 29-05-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,599 ✭✭✭✭

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BozDOSHIYAA6r2n.jpg

Can't understand why someone would do something like that to a 5,000 year old monument.

The gardai are on to it so expect an arrest imminently.

Or maybe not. Now await the copycat vandals in other places.

Shame.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Do you have a news source for this with more info??

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Azwaldo55

Perhaps the person has some issues with the government and thinks that by damaging the stone they will send messages into the supernatural ether? I remember some of the protesters who opposed the motorway near Tara a few years ago believed that hidden forces would curse the country and then claimed that the economic crash was the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

People who vandalise our shared heritage are some of the lowest of the low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,599 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Perhaps it was a frustrated person who mistook it for a fertility symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Bit of a god****ie thing to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

They're misunderstood, the poor lambs.

hanging would be too good for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

I think someone attacked it with hammer a few years ago as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Just read this online, I just cant understand how someone would do this. It's not as if they were walking over the Hill of Tara and came across some buckets of paint and the stone, this took planning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Utterly pointless.

Just read this online, I just cant understand how someone would do this. It's not as if they were walking over the Hill of Tara and came across some buckets of paint and the stone, this took planning.

If there is any truth to the spine chilling tales about the fairies and their wrath toward mortals who trespass on their territory, whoever did this is going to come to a very sticky end indeed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

Jesus wept. This is why we can't have nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

If my history is correct, this signifies a challenge to the kingship of Ireland, The use of black paint may indicate that the challenge comes from a house which has a pint of Guinness as its sigil.

Be warned people of Ireland, winter is coming, after summer..and autumn, but who will be our new leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I find this absolutely infuriating. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Looks better with the paint IMO.
    Kudos to this hit and run artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

My faith in humanity just died a little bit after seeing that.

If my history is correct, this signifies a challenge to the kingship of Ireland, The use of black paint may indicate that the challenge comes from a house which has a pint of Guinness as its sigil.

Be warned people of Ireland, winter is coming, after summer..and autumn, but who will be our new leader?

A few years ago there were strange goings on due the road construction at Tara.
    In June 2007 Minister for the Environment Dick Roche signed an order destroying the Lismullin Henge. Lismullin Henge was a 4,000 year old astronomical observatory and place of worship and hailed as one of the most important archaeological finds of the century.

Roche was since held up by an armed gang in the Druids Glen Hotel and also lost his job and was then demoted.

Martin Cullen the then Minister for Transport nearly got sucked out of a helicopter when the door fell off on one of his extravagantly expensive trips.

The chief Health and Safety Officer was seriously injured by a falling tree when felling began at Rath Lugh in 2007.

A worker was killed when he became trapped at Fairyhouse where there have been many accidents on this stretch of road.

A human tooth was discovered in a digger which was used to destroy the famous ancient feasting grounds and gathering place of ancient Harpers at Baronstown. Shortly afterwards the stairs in the National Museum collapsed.

And finally, just last summer, several large wasp nests were found throughout the valley. In Celtic Lore the appearance of the wasp was associated with the anger of Mother Earth.

Someone is meddling with powers they cannot possibly comprehend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TheGlass

What kind of a useless c*** would you have to be to bother doing that? Hope they are caught

• Registered Users Posts: 23,599 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The only conclusion that can be come to is that the stone is in fact cursed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Name and shame if they find him/her/them

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

Well at least it wasn't covered in knobs and 'deco wuz ere 2k14'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

This is the sort of bell end that we have lumbered our selfs with . some one who was never told that they are an as hole and to cop the fcuk on . our culture of excessive inclusionism has led to all sort of ridiculous situations and produced people who have personality disorders and believe that they can do as they like when ever they like.

you can rest assured that this was done by some metro-sexual cum burper hipster who reckons he is so cool and so smart that no one understands him/her.

i would love for them to get caught and shunned by every one in the county god knows they were probably stupid enough to put some pictures on instangram or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

What the hell is wrong with some people to do that to a national monument ffs??? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its a shame because Tara has been open to the public, now the OPW will slap a big fence around it and only allow you in on paid visit, guided tours between 9am-5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

you can rest assured that this was done by some metro-sexual cum burper hipster who reckons he is so cool and so smart that no one understands him/her.

Could have been anyone. My money is on scrotes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

This is the sort of bell end that we have lumbered our selfs with . some one who was never told that they are an as hole and to cop the fcuk on . our culture of excessive inclusionism has led to all sort of ridiculous situations and produced people who have personality disorders and believe that they can do as they like when ever they like.

i would love for them to get caught and shunned by every one in the county god knows they were probably stupid enough to put some pictures on instangram or something

What is "excessive inclusionism"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

its never telling some on that they are wrong . never being allowed to point out to some one that they are a bell end because they are a "unique little flower "
    its why we have so many wnakers roaming around from urban outfitters to vintage record stores to organic cheese mongers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭conorhal

Azwaldo55 wrote: »
    A few years ago there were strange goings on due the road construction at Tara.

Someone is meddling with powers they cannot possibly comprehend.

The answer is simple then. Once we catch this little $h1t I'm afraid we're going to have to sacrifice him to the ancient celtic gods at Tara to appease their wrath!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

its never telling some on that they are wrong . never being allowed to point out to some one that they are a bell end because they are a "unique little flower "
    its why we have so many wnakers roaming around from urban outfitters to vintage record stores to organic cheese mongers.

:confused:

The fudge?

Advertisement