Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do older women like asics runners so much?

Options
  • 16-05-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

I notice a lot of women over 30 seem to wear asics runners with work attire on the way to and from their job. It's very unattractive and screams 'I couldn't care about my appearance anymore.' Their younger counterparts generally make more of an effort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,224 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not a brand worn by what they'd consider to be "undesirables" I suspect.

Taking the train to Docklands I'd say that a good 60% of all the men in obvious bank attire wear runners on the way in also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

did a plus 30 women is ascis turn you down?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,852 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

nails1 wrote: »
    I notice a lot of women over 30 seem to wear asics runners with work attire on the way to and from their job. It's very unattractive and screams 'I couldn't care about my appearance anymore.' Their younger counterparts generally make more of an effort.

Don't tell them that they are older. Unless you have quicker runners than theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

More comfortable for the walk to and from work, then wear something different when you get to work or home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Asics make good runners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Because it only takes one finger to get them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Easier on the corns and bunions. I'm in my 30's and wear heels on my way to and from work. I must be an anomaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Only 5 years until I'm an "older woman".

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Because it only takes one finger to get them off?

the older ladies or the runners?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Girls wearing runners with their work attire is grand, guys wearing runners with their suit is shocking carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I've no intention of either wrecking my nice shoes on the street or crippling my feet so some random AHer will stop judging me ...

Anyway, my blue runners are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Would Nike/Adidas be ok?

Why would a kid like you OP be bothered about how "older" (lol) women over 30 look? If the younger women make more of an effort, then concentrate on them. And then when something of real importance occurs in your life, focus on that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Also lol at over 30 being "older"

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

middle aisle in Aldi maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Sorry for the pain I would inflict on you OP, I wear worse than asics runners.
    And yes, it's because I don't quite care about my appearance so much anymore, a bit, enough to be presentable, but not much.

It's funny how "not caring about your appearance much" seems so unpalatable to some.

Is it a requirement for a good life that you care about your appearance ?
    (because I'm pretty happy my way)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I am wearing a pair of Asics and im not that old or a woman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm ancient, I'm 41, so I'm kind of allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,540 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Asics are probably the best runners money can buy (cue corrections by owners of other brands). If I was to choose a runner to walk to work in I would choose asics. I drive to work though, and I'm a man so therefore I definitely don't care about my appearance.

Glazers Out!

When I took up running, the sales-man told me Asics were the best brand of runner, so by gum I bought them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Magaggie wrote: »
    When I took up running, the sales-man told me Asics were the best brand of runner, so by gum I bought them.

But did he not warn you about being judged?

• Advertisement

But did he not warn you about being judged?
    No. Anything to get a sale I guess. :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

A woman in asics runners is probably more attractive than a stoner (in Nike) driving home from McDonalds.

I see what you're trying to do. 2/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

onitsuka cougars?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

OP, this is serious.

Those women could be walking (comfortably) around not knowing that you think their shoes detract from their sexual attractiveness. You need to tell them. How else can they improve?

I know the day a man said "she'd get it" to his friends about me was the day I finally felt like I had gotten somewhere in life. I had been wandering around going to college and all that, trying to fill the emptiness inside with meaningless degrees, knowledge, self-worth and platonic female friendships. That man knew my goal in life and he helped me achieve it. You need to help those women too.

God speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I absolutely hate seeing women in suits-be it jacket and trousers or jacket and pencil skirt AND RUNNERS.

I don't care if you're wearing them into/home from work 'cos they're comfy..you look scruffy.
    At least wear smart black flat pumps or dolly shoes...NOT runners.
    God I hate it.

I also hate seeing women wearing long coats and runners or skirts with runners.
    It screams sloppiness to me.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    OP, this is serious.

Those women could be walking (comfortably) around not knowing that you think their shoes detract from their sexual attractiveness. You need to tell them. How else can they improve?
    You're dead right - say it to their faces OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

fussyonion wrote: »
    I absolutely hate seeing women in suits-be it jacket and trousers or jacket and pencil skirt AND RUNNERS.

I don't care if you're wearing them into/home from work 'cos they're comfy..you look scruffy.
    At least wear smart black flat pumps or dolly shoes...NOT runners.
    God I hate it.

I also hate seeing women wearing long coats and runners or skirts with runners.
    It screams sloppiness to me.

someone's a fussy onion!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

ratmouse wrote: »
    someone's a fussy onion!

Well that's original :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Magaggie wrote: »
    You're dead right - say it to their faces OP.

I said it to one before but she didn't go down well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Judging people's attractiveness on their choice of runners? Classy.

Advertisement