Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with electronicpartner.ie

Options
  • 02-05-2014 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭

So, I managed to give the screen of my nexus 7 the spiderman upgrade. I did some googling and came up with the place in the title. There was even a thread here where someone said they were great.

One week after they picked it up from me I can't get through to them by phone or email. I've got no updates from them at all. My nexus might as well have disappeared into thin air.

I do a bit of extra googling and find that the posts here about them were spam and the account that made the comments is banned. The only other post was someone who spent ages trying to get stuff back from them.

Does anyone here have any experience with them? Know any alternate contact email or telephone addresses? Or if the worst comes to the worst, can anyone advise who I go to to lodge a complaint about them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Did you try the repair status option on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Did you try the repair status option on their website?

i did the number didn't work. :(

Edit to add: if I chose the option to request a job number I just get a message that they don't have either my phone number or email in their database.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Any update on this. I cracked the screen of my Nexus 7 out here in Vietnam and am planning on sending it off to electronicpartner when I get home....(now a little concerned after what you have said!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 electronic partner

Dear,

nothing disappears. We apologize sometimes our phone line is very busy as we have a lot of request every day. If you cant get trough leave a message and you will be called back shortly alternatively you can contact us by email. The tracking works unfortunately if there is a typo in the phone number and no email has been provided you wont be able to use the repair tracking online.

kind regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Dear,

nothing disappears. We apologize sometimes our phone line is very busy as we have a lot of request every day. If you cant get trough leave a message and you will be called back shortly alternatively you can contact us by email. The tracking works unfortunately if there is a typo in the phone number and no email has been provided you wont be able to use the repair tracking online.

kind regards

Your reply honestly looks like a Nigerian 419 scam email.

By the way, you need a Verified rep. account to post as a business here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@electronic partner Thanks for taking the time to register and respond to the thread. However, commercial representatives need to be verified before they are allowed post on Boards. If you are interested in this, please contact reps@boards.ie to proceed. Please do not post again until you are verified.

dudara

@Sam Mac - please leave the moderating to the moderators

• Registered Users Posts: 2 electronic partner

Your reply honestly looks like a Nigerian 419 scam email.

Why you talking about scam. I just wrote facts.

email has been send to reps at boards. thx and sorry for helping

I was midway through typing a rant here when i got a call from electronic partner. There was a nice guy called mike who explained what had happened. The courier logged the collection twice. My tablet arrived but had no info attached to it. Meanwhile the number they had given to electronic partner had no item attached to it. They've supplied me with the tracking numbers so I can see that i was an actual issue with the courier.

They've have my tablet all along but now know who owns it. I've just paid for the repair online so I should hopefully get my tablet back soon.

I have to say that when i actually got to talk to Mike, he was a great guy who was really helpful but (there has to be a but doesn't there) it was really hard to get to talk to someone. I had left voicemails and emails.

I'll post up here when I get my tablet back. I feel that it's only fair. That way anyone reading this will see how long it takes to get something repaired assuming the courier doesn't misstrack it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

@ Grayson; good to hear that you've finally gotten a response.

I've used their shop in Galway for repairs and have found them excellent. It's usually busy in there, so there is a bit of waiting for one of the staff to become free.

I had also bought a second hand mobile there which didn't work properly, and got an immediate, no BS refund from them when I went back in with it (once they had verified the fault, which to me is fair enough).

Fey! wrote: »
    @ Grayson; good to hear that you've finally gotten a response.

I've used their shop in Galway for repairs and have found them excellent. It's usually busy in there, so there is a bit of waiting for one of the staff to become free.

I had also bought a second hand mobile there which didn't work properly, and got an immediate, no BS refund from them when I went back in with it (once they had verified the fault, which to me is fair enough).

I got a tracking number back today which means it was fixed within an hour or two of the phone call. I can see it's on its way back to me. I'll post up here when I get it back and confirm that the repair was good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Did you receive back yet? All good?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Never liked deailng with them in Galway, very pushy, slow and hard to get a straight answer from, much better operators out there in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 johnsuperf

I sent a phone of two weeks ago to elctronic partner.the phone is only 3 months old and the screen has gone black i can barely see the widgets etc.The phone has a warrenty of two years.They want to charge me 60 euro for a new lcd and i have declined that offer.I will be gettin in touch with lg regarding that.I have phoned them 12 times in the last couple of days and they are not answering the phone it keeps going to mailbox and actually today their mailbox is FULL.I have sent two emails through their site and they will not BOTHER to respond.At this stage i just want my phone back and have no dealings with them ever again.

johnsuperf wrote: »
    I sent a phone of two weeks ago to elctronic partner.the phone is only 3 months old and the screen has gone black i can barely see the widgets etc.The phone has a warrenty of two years.They want to charge me 60 euro for a new lcd and i have declined that offer.I will be gettin in touch with lg regarding that.I have phoned them 12 times in the last couple of days and they are not answering the phone it keeps going to mailbox and actually today their mailbox is FULL.I have sent two emails through their site and they will not BOTHER to respond.At this stage i just want my phone back and have no dealings with them ever again.

they have the worst customer service of any company i have ever dealt with. All you can do is just keep calling.

Incidentally, the screen repair I got is wonky. It was a little bit dodgy at first. The screen isn't as responsive as the original and there's part of the screen (the upper left hand corner) that barely responds. It's been getting progressively worse ever since i got it back. I now have the turn it upside down and rotate it if I want to access something in the upper left.
    If I get it replaced somewhere else again, I'll have spent as much as the tablet is worth. And lets face it, it's not like I can call or mail them about it.

It means that at this point i wouldn't recommend then either for the quality of their customer service or their quality of work

This whole experience has just sucked and I won't be using them again.

• Company Representative Posts: 14 Verified rep Electronic Partner Support

johnsuperf wrote: »
    The phone has a warrenty of two years.They want to charge me 60 euro for a new lcd and i have declined that offer.I will be getting in touch with lg regarding that.
    Dear, sorry to see you had troubles contacting us we apologize its holiday season and many employees are on holidays. I have checked your case and LG had declined the warranty because of the condition of your phone therefore you have been offered a non warranty repair which had been declined. There is a payment due on this order which can be paid online or over the phone. kind regards

Grayson wrote: »
    And lets face it, it's not like I can call or mail them about it.

It means that at this point i wouldn't recommend then either for the quality of their customer service or their quality of work
    You can contact us on our ticket system. Regarding Quality, we offer 6 month warranty on all parts replaced and free collection, where else will you get this service?

kind regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Dear, sorry to see you had troubles contacting us we apologize its holiday season and many employees are on holidays. I have checked your case and LG had declined the warranty because of the condition of your phone therefore you have been offered a non warranty repair which had been declined. There is a payment due on this order which can be paid online or over the phone. kind regards

It's August man... AUGUST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

You can contact us on our ticket system. Regarding Quality, we offer 6 month warranty on all parts replaced and free collection, where else will you get this service?

kind regards

Everywhere?

This has nothing to do with LG. You are responsible for the faulty goods. You might want to check the Sale of Goods Act. You cannot deny a consumer right by passng the buck to a manufacturer. The customer's contract is with you.

And please do not reply by calling me dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

This has nothing to do with LG. You are responsible for the faulty goods. You might want to check the Sale of Goods Act. You cannot deny a consumer right by passng the buck to a manufacturer. The customer's contract is with you.

Do electronicpartner.ie actually sell phones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I have nothing but negative views of Electronic Partner. My work mate had his Xbox360 in for repair. He got married went on honeymoon and the Xbox360 broke again with the same symptoms (after one day of use). However it was within 3 months of their warranty. He brought it back but they didn't accept that the console was still under warranty even though he could verify everything except give them their internal document. They could even see his repair job on their system!!

My wife has a Galaxy S4 and sent it in for repairs. Its a very popular phone. It needed a new screen and digitiser. €30 euro deposit was required and they said they would have it repaired in 3 to 5 working days. We rang daily for 1 week with no reply. Sometimes we rang up to 5 times throughout the day. After two weeks of poor communication and frustration she demanded the phone and deposit back. Why would you not have something like that in stock? Surely its a very popular issue?

I've heard of 2 other poor reports from them, but I don't have the full details. Suffice to say I haven't heard a good thing about them. Sure look at their google reviews.

@Posters - please do not bring your personal experiences into the thread as it will go off topic. Stick to the OT. If you want to express general opinions, then you can post in the Best/Worst Customer Service thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

What sort of retail business gives 'many employees' the same weeks of holidays? Easy to see why its hard to contact them when the basics of retailing arent even understood.

Dear,

we are handling only the warranty repair for LG we are not responsible for LG warranty terms nor quality of their products. Its called "Manufacturers Warranty" not shops warranty.

jahalpin wrote: »
    Do electronicpartner.ie actually sell phones?
    Do electronicpartner.ie actually sell phones? Yes we sell new and refurbished phones.

Sniipe wrote: »
    I have nothing but negative views of Electronic Partner. My work mate had his Xbox360 in for repair. He got married went on honeymoon and the Xbox360 broke again with the same symptoms (after one day of use). However it was within 3 months of their warranty. He brought it back but they didn't accept that the console was still under warranty even though he could verify everything except give them their internal document. They could even see his repair job on their system!!

My wife has a Galaxy S4 and sent it in for repairs. Its a very popular phone. It needed a new screen and digitiser. €30 euro deposit was required and they said they would have it repaired in 3 to 5 working days. We rang daily for 1 week with no reply. Sometimes we rang up to 5 times throughout the day. After two weeks of poor communication and frustration she demanded the phone and deposit back. Why would you not have something like that in stock? Surely its a very popular issue?

I've heard of 2 other poor reports from them, but I don't have the full details. Suffice to say I haven't heard a good thing about them. Sure look at their google reviews.

We need the receipt (proof of purchase) "written on every receipt" in order to process a warranty repair.

"I've heard of 2 other poor reports from them, but I don't have the full details. Suffice to say I haven't heard a good thing about them. Sure look at their google reviews." we process and repair about 2500 devices a month unfortunately people only review if they want to complain.

What sort of retail business gives 'many employees' the same weeks of holidays? Easy to see why its hard to contact them when the basics of retailing arent even understood.

We not give many employees the same weeks of holidays, i dont have to explain but i will try. The summer is short.

But for real we are very busy and 2 people have booked there holidays unfortunately 2 staff left us at the same time what is not predictable. All we trying is to make customers happy and if that works in 999 cases of 1000 we are happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Dear,

we are handling only the warranty repair for LG we are not responsible for LG warranty terms nor quality of their products. Its called "Manufacturers Warranty" not shops warranty.

What are you trying to say here ?

Your rights as a consumer in Ireland

If things go wrong

If you are not satisfied with the quality of goods or services you can:

Return the goods to the supplier who sold it to you (you should not return the goods to the manufacturer)

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

Are you familiar with consumer law in Ireland at all ?

Don't call me dear btw

Do electronicpartner.ie actually sell phones? Yes we sell new and refurbished phones.

Then you have a responsibility above that of a manufacturer's warranty. Do you know anything of Irish consumer law?

• Advertisement

Posters - I'd imagine that a lot depends on whether ElectronicPartner were the original retailer of the item.

If they were, then they have obligations under Consumer law, assuming of course that the item is truly faulty (and not damaged).

If they are engaged independently to provide a repair, then they have to stand over the quality of that repair, again covered by Consumer law.

The question for me (and I don't know if this was already provided), were they the original retailer of the device?

Advertisement