Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Sunny Spain today

10459887_879101445438197_2044560247195469916_n.jpg

SUNNY SPAIN THIS AFTERNOON!!!
    Photo: Twitter; @cristiB2 , Severe Weather Europe.
    A severe thunderstorm created large accumulations of hail this afternoon in the North Central Spanish town of Almazan.

Took this off wicklow weathers facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Simon Keeling reckons Hurricane Arthur's forecasted track into Greenland could have a negative effect on our potential sunny/settled spell in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I'll let you know what the weather is like Friday evening! :pac:

Am i right in saying its looking a bit more promising for tomorrow evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Loughlinstown Fohn effect in full swing today 24.8C, easily the hottest day this year.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Is it looking grim for southern uk next week? im over in southwest and was hoping to get some good weather.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

jo06555 wrote: »
    Is it looking grim for southern uk next week? im over in southwest and was hoping to get some good weather.:confused:

Might not be to bad from the end of next week there is signs of the azores high trying to ridge in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Supercell wrote: »
    Loughlinstown Fohn effect in full swing today 24.8C, easily the hottest day this year.
    got in to a very warm house just now to see my max near Arklow was 24.3c.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cool, wet Atlantic muck again from tomorrow, lots of Rain over next 3-5 days, hopefully a return to warmer and dryer conditons from next Wednesday onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

bad time to have planned my hols then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Heavy band of rain off the west coast now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

jo06555 wrote: »
    bad time to have planned my hols then :(

The weather has been great over here for the past few weeks, expecting up to 29C today. It looks like a bit of a breakdown over the coming week though you should still see plenty of warmth and dry weather. Pack some rain gear but temps will hopefully still be in the 20s most days

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

unfortunately we wont be seeing anything like the low 20s in Ireland for at least another week. daytime temperatures here for the next week will be in the range of 14-18C, much lower than what you would find in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

All that FI stuff I was excited about is rapidly vanishing from the models :mad:

At least the one thing you can say about that is that any crappy FIs at the moment could equally swing to epic by the time we get around to them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

All that FI stuff I was excited about is rapidly vanishing from the models :mad:

At least the one thing you can say about that is that any crappy FIs at the moment could equally swing to epic by the time we get around to them ;)

I'm hoping Simon Keeling has a point here. He mentions that early season hurricanes have a habit of throwing the long term models into disarray:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Gonzo wrote: »
    unfortunately we wont be seeing anything like the low 20s in Ireland for at least another week. daytime temperatures here for the next week will be in the range of 14-18C, much lower than what you would find in London.

A while away yet, but 12Z GFS shows potential low 20's in places for next Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. So while still subject to change it's not impossible.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'll let you know what the weather is like Friday evening! :pac:

Drizzly/damp atm. Dry for Kodaline...which I enjoyed! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but can anyone advise on how bad the rain will be on Friday evening in Dublin? Supposed to be going to Marley Park for the Kings of Leon but the forecast doesnt look great. :mad: Should I prepare for the worst?

Tippling down rain now...and the Kings of Leon still on stage...sex on fire and all that jazz! @lroythelegend..I hope you brought your rain jacket with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Tippling down rain now...and the Kings of Leon still on stage...sex on fire and all that jazz! @lroythelegend..I hope you brought your rain jacket with you!

There's a long clear spell after that, shouldn't take long to move off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

a real east-west divide in Europe today, unusually cool over western Europe, especially France (not here, we're used to this in July!) and unusually hot all the way up to the Arctic circle in the east.
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Reurmett.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No decent summer like weather in prospect at the moment, slack lows and less stable air dominating, some mild/warm incursions too, but for the next 10 days generally showery, humid, partly to mostly cloudy, breezier at times from W/NW, daytimes between 14-19C, nightime about 6-12C.

• Advertisement

we may hit very low 20s here in the east over next few days so not too bad! But at same time a totally different picture to this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hows Saturday looking lads and lassies east coast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Most days sunny so far.All days I can wear a t shirt.
    Compared to even average,this summer so far has been great weather.
    Can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

we may hit very low 20s here in the east over next few days so not too bad! But at same time a totally different picture to this time last year.

Not too bad at all. The average temperature for July is 16 degrees, so low 20's is actually quite good for this country! Last summer's heatwave was one of the warmest/driest spells for several years, you can't expect a repeat of that every year in this part of the world. But we've already done well with an extended warm spell in June and some nice sunny above average days so far in July too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

This time last year was heavenly :(

Thanks for the reminder.

lovely warm, sunny day here, feeling much warmer than the past 4 to 5 days. Temperatures in the east could stay in the low 20s for the next week or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

lovely warm, sunny day here, feeling much warmer than the past 4 to 5 days. Temperatures in the east could stay in the low 20s for the next week or so!

Does that includes the south east as well,

yeah should include the south-east, maybe about 20C.

edit: 21C here now, fantastic afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

The worst weather today for me, high temps muggy and 100% cloud cover, that last bit always ruins the party for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hit 23C here, turning out to be a second great summer in a row here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement