Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MemoryC Dash Cam €90

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Good brand and great features.

I thought Transcend just make the SD Card, so it might be a no-name camera manufacturer.

The one thing that sticks out a mile about this, is how do you attach it to the windscreen. No photos anywhere of a suction mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I thought Transcend just make the SD Card, so it might be a no-name camera manufacturer.

The one thing that sticks out a mile about this, is how do you attach it to the windscreen. No photos anywhere of a suction mount.

No. It's a Transcend branded camera.

The video show a windscreen mount.

IN THE BOX
    Car Mounting Bracket
    Car Adapter
    16GB microSD Card
    Video Cable
    Quick Start Guide
    Warranty Card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

It shows you in the video at the bottom of the page.

Might be worth taking a look into some more for me, cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

fabsoul wrote: »

Bigger, poorer spec & no included SD card.
    The app, wifi connection and emergency record are great features.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

That's actually a pretty decent deal and I'm tempted to buy as I'll be on holiday in the states this June using a rental car. Didn't see it but it must have an in car charger no?

who_ru wrote: »
    That's actually a pretty decent deal and I'm tempted to buy as I'll be on holiday in the states this June using a rental car. Didn't see it but it must have an in car charger no?

Yes

IN THE BOX
    Car Mounting Bracket
    Car Adapter
    16GB microSD Card
    Video Cable
    Quick Start Guide
    Warranty Card

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just picked one up there for the missus. I already have a Blackhawk and this one seems quite similar! If I had the money I'd buy two!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

How long do you reckon the 16 gig would record for? What's recommended?

Any promo codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

mad m wrote: »
    How long do you reckon the 16 gig would record for? What's recommended?

It's a loop recorder, so unless you plan on saving the files forever I wouldn't worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Seems well reviewed on Amazon too - http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00GRYT5QI/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

It having a sticky pad rather than a suction cup is putting me off though, I'd like to be able to remove all traces of a dash cam from the windscreen when parked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

kiddums wrote: »
    It shows you in the video at the bottom of the page.

Might be worth taking a look into some more for me, cheers OP.

I had just browsed the web page bit at work, didn't see the video.

In fairness it does look decent, and I like the G-sensor detection of sudden braking events.

The WiFi bit... one killer feature for me, would be to detect your home network when you park in the driveway and upload the video to some network drive storage.
    I've a high def dashcam and I have to take the micro SD card out and bring it inside to transfer any driving incidents I want to save.
    Being able to see/control the video while driving isn't that important.

I don't see any mention of a battery....
    Does that mean it's only powered on when the cars engine/ignition is on?
    I'd assume there's at least a small battery in there.
    There will be use cases where you want to keep recording while you're parked in a supermarket car park to catch bad drivers hitting your car.
    So a battery that lasts a good 60 mins is useful.

The night time video shots look well.
    But as with as dashcams, it's easy to record and read car registration plates for cars on the same side of the road as you as the relative speed difference is low. But if some idiot swerves in front of you from the other side of the road, especially at night, you'll be lucky to read their plates especially if there's street lighting and headlight glare... Just saying to anyone who thinks dashcams record in perfect clarity, they're subject to limitations.

The camera mount looks like a permanent adhesive mount??
    So anyone passing your car will see the mount and may assume you've a nice gps or dashcam in the glove compartment to smash your window.
    So I prefer suction cup mounts, where you can take the whole thing off as long as you can hide the telltale circle marks on the windscreen.

If I was in the market for a dashcam it looks decent enough, especially with the SD card.

Was about to pull trigger but a permanent holder for it is putting me off now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Was about to pull trigger but a permanent holder for it is putting me off now.:(

I pulled the trigger earlier based on the following...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/85714/car-camera-reviews-2014-dash-cam-test

Mine has shipped already.:)

Can't beat MemoryC for speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭wandererz

Out of Stock already.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Call me cynical, but the offer expires on the 10 and they get stock on the 11th!! True Capitalism at work :-)

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah I may be changing my car soon so that is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Had a Dash Cam before and found it very useful for recording near serious traffic accidents, people breaking traffic lights, overtaking on bends etc. Never had to use video from a real accident thankfully but have saved some videos from scenic drives.
    The problem I had with my Dash Cam was that the camera could not automatically allow for changes in light level while driving on country roads. On a sunny day I could be in shadow of trees one minute and then suddenly in clear sunshine. likewise camera could not adjust for glare from car lights at night fast enough.
    Not sure if this camera can cope with those conditions as Youtube video shows car driving in perfect conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Mine has shipped already.:)

Can't beat MemoryC for speed.

Same :)

They are very good to deal with tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

pity it permanent mount as id like to swop it between car and work van, good price though credit to op

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

I got it today, picked it up from the store.
    Great quality video from it, not too intrusive on the windscreen.
    I bought on of those cheap ones for €15 from china a while back (see link), was complete rubbish, broke after a week!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88801156
    But on a positive note that came with a sucker mount and its the exact same size ball mount as the new one! swapped it over and its grand!
    The Transcend comes with 2 of those 3M glass stickers in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

i actually did a bit of research for basic dash cam last week and it seems that G1WH is the way to go if you want to have it good but cheap

http://www.foxoffer.com/g1wh-car-dvr-full-hd-camera-140-degree-wide-angle-p-663.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oxa55qF88A

it lacks all the bells and whistles but it has good day and night picture quality and it is produced by a decent company

sure, you can get a tons of similar but cheaper or much cheaper cameras from china but you will get a random optics, random sensor and random processing chip (plus useless IR leds that reflects from windshield and make video even worse)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

No. It's a Transcend branded camera.

The video show a windscreen mount.

IN THE BOX
    Car Mounting Bracket
    Car Adapter
    16GB microSD Card
    Video Cable
    Quick Start Guide
    Warranty Card

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Call me cynical, but the offer expires on the 10 and they get stock on the 11th!! True Capitalism at work :-)

W.

It says that stock is expected on the 8th now.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

m4rkiz wrote: »
    i actually did a bit of research for basic dash cam last week and it seems that G1WH is the way to go if you want to have it good but cheap

http://www.foxoffer.com/g1wh-car-dvr-full-hd-camera-140-degree-wide-angle-p-663.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oxa55qF88A

it lacks all the bells and whistles but it has good day and night picture quality and it is produced by a decent company

sure, you can get a tons of similar but cheaper or much cheaper cameras from china but you will get a random optics, random sensor and random processing chip (plus useless IR leds that reflects from windshield and make video even worse)

There is a thread here on boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815237&page=36

I speak very highly of the G1W can and is far better value for money than the 90 quid cam here. Although I recommend one uses the links I provided in the thread as there are cheapo clones out there.
    The light on the front is not really for use in a car . But the night time performance is very good anyway with just headlights.

There is a thread here on boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815237&page=36

I speak very highly of the G1W can and is far better value for money than the 90 quid cam here. Although I recommend one uses the links I provided in the thread as there are cheapo clones out there.
    The light on the front is not really for use in a car . But the night time performance is very good anyway with just headlights.

How long does the battery last on a single Charge?

Not expecting much for a 200mah battery.

Any chance you could upload a nighttime video soon pretty please? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭wandererz

Looks to be back in stock now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Yep, they've 46 in stock at present.

Advertisement