Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GK198 Car DVR Dash-Cam With Night-Vision - €14.42 Delivered [Geekbuying]

Options
  • 02-02-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Not quite €0.17c.. :rolleyes: But, a good price.
    Also, if you purchase in US$ it's roughly €1 cheaper, which may be handy if you buy a couple. Offer ends 5AM Wednesday Morning

2u7iayU.jpgYq69C8v.jpg

Tronsmart GK198 Car DVR 2.5 inch Rotation 270° Night-vision Vehicle Digital Voice Recorder - €14.42
    Description:
    • Mini Car HD DVR record ,Real HD DVR Car 6 LED 2.5'' Screen 270° Rotating
    • This new Car guard Camera comes with 6 IR lights that will help you record day and night or dark environment. You can see what you record while adjusting the 2.5 inch LCD screen, because it has 270 degree whirl.
    • At the same time, this motion Detection DVR allow recycle recordings. It will erase storage and begin to record.
    Highlights:
    • 2.5-inch high-definition 270-degree rotating screen More powerful infrared night vision can replace the battery (larger)
    • Low-light sensitive chip CMOS WXGA HD HD
    • AVI format, compression ratio, the image is clear Support audio
    • Angle: 120 degrees wide-angle
    • Maximum support for 32GB
    • Can be simultaneously displayed video time and date Motion Detection feature, which can save memory card space Power to run auto-detection feature
    • With automatic coverage feature, you can loop videos and pictures
    • With video playback and photo preview
    • With USB 2.0 Interface
    Specifications:
    • Video:AVI format :720*480/640*480@30fps
    • Photo: JPEG,1600*1200
    • External rechargeable battery can supply continuous power for recording
    • Main Functions: taking photo, recording video with audio,TV OUT ,Night Vision
    • Date/Time: set correct recording date and time.
    • Language: English/Portuguese/Russian/Japanese/Chinese
    • Mode: Video Recorder/Camera
    • Loop Time:2min/5min/15min
    • USB: 2.0 (Hs)
    • Power source: Built-in rechargeable battery or 12V/24V Car Charger
    • Supports SD card(from 1GB up to 32GB)
    • Operation systems:Windows ME/2000/XP/Vista or aboveBattery: Lithium-ion,800 MA,Recording about 2 hours
    • Package Size: 15*12*9 cm
    What's in the box?
    • 1 x 2.5 inch Night-vision Car DVR
    • 1 x Car Charger with cable
    • 1 x USB Cable
    • 1 x Windshield Holder
    • 1 x User manual

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭aonoco

Nice one, just ordered. Got something similar a few years back and worth every penny, cuts out any crap with insurance companies in the event of a crash

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Use coupon code FJKROFVU for extra $1 discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Looks interesting but it's not exactly subtle is it? Any way of mounting this more "subtly" near the mirror?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

How quick does it start up and begin recording? I was using an old Android phone with an app (app's name escapes me at the moment) which worked great, but was a pain in the arse to boot up phone every time so stopped using it. :o

A dedicated camera would be better alright, but if it takes more than one or two buttons presses & longer than 10 seconds to start "rolling" I couldn't be arsed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Would be great for overtaking on the continent if the screen would swivel separate to the camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭pah

GrumPy wrote: »
    How quick does it start up and begin recording? I was using an old Android phone with an app (app's name escapes me at the moment) which worked great, but was a pain in the arse to boot up phone every time so stopped using it. :o

A dedicated camera would be better alright, but if it takes more than one or two buttons presses & longer than 10 seconds to start "rolling" I couldn't be arsed!

I have one, looks like the same model. I just push in the charger to the cig socket and it turns on and begins recording. 2secs tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

Just after ordering one - Total cost $19.68 inc tracking. Surely it's worth a gamble. Anyone with any suggestions where to pick up a sd card for little €€€?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Oooh, I like that one Shoutcast! Quick question from a newbie - how easy is it to instal one of these? I'd describe myself as below average when it comes to electrical stuff/wiring etc.!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

laurpat wrote: »
    Just after ordering one - Total cost $19.68 inc tracking. Surely it's worth a gamble. Anyone with any suggestions where to pick up a sd card for little €€€?

Here you go. http://www.memoryc.ie/products/type/Flash_Memory_Cards/microSD/index.html#Brands=Transcend&page=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭irishproduce

What size sd card is recommended on these?
    Is your car not likely top be broken into if you leave this on the dash while parked in the city or whatever? I mean knackers wouldn;t really know that it is only worth a few euros...
    Do people take these down and put them up again before starting every journey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭rx8

I bought one of these about a year ago.
    It cost about €25 altogether including a 32gb micro see card.
    Have it mounted just behind the mirror and it doesn't get in the way.
    Wiring was very easy, from the cig outlet, across below the steering wheel and then just tucked it in under the door seal and across the top of the windscreen.
    Very little wiring visible.
    I like the look of that other one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Every ****ing time I come on here I end up buying something :mad::mad::mad: Someone will have a camera for a helmet next and I'll have to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Doylers wrote: »
    Every ****ing time I come on here I end up buying something :mad::mad::mad: Someone will have a camera for a helmet next and I'll have to buy it

I was going to post this... :o great reviews everywhere.. I'll leave it. :pac:
    laurpat wrote: »

Not a bad price - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/331088977809/

Or any of these - http://www.mymemory.ie/Micro-SD

EDIT - Oops, just saw Stenans post. I'll leave it here anyway. Similar link.

I bought one of these about a year ago.
    It cost about €25 altogether including a 32gb micro see card.
    Have it mounted just behind the mirror and it doesn't get in the way.
    Wiring was very easy, from the cig outlet, across below the steering wheel and then just tucked it in under the door seal and across the top of the windscreen.
    Very little wiring visible.
    I like the look of that other one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

How long will a 32GB card record for? Like 1 week?

And are these easy to hook up to a PC to transfer video?

connundrum wrote: »
    How long will a 32GB card record for? Like 1 week?

And are these easy to hook up to a PC to transfer video?

I think I get about near enough 6 hours of recording which is about a week`s worth of driving in the car for me.
    You have to remember to erase the card at the end though,to start again.
    The videos are easy to transfer to a PC.either by plugging in the card or usb from the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

What size sd card is recommended on these?
    Is your car not likely top be broken into if you leave this on the dash while parked in the city or whatever? I mean knackers wouldn;t really know that it is only worth a few euros...
    Do people take these down and put them up again before starting every journey?

They'll break in for toll change if they are the limerick strain. Wouldn't leave anything on show. You need balance up the hassle of taking it down, putting it up everytime versus the risk of bad drivers in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Ya, I am in Limerick believe it or not and while I think it would be great to have, I am not sure the local scrotes around the city would be able to resist the temptation. To be fair, I would have my doubts leaving it anywhere really regardless of city but I know my own boys down here and what they are capable of so I think I will leave it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

Ya, I am in Limerick believe it or not and while I think it would be great to have, I am not sure the local scrotes around the city would be able to resist the temptation. To be fair, I would have my doubts leaving it anywhere really regardless of city but I know my own boys down here and what they are capable of so I think I will leave it :-)
    Yeah I have first hand experience of the same. Bad driving around limerick seems to be mainly dawdling and ignorance, I've had a million times more inconveniences and frustrations than close shaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 UnderWater123

too long for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I have one of these. It's ****. Technically it's HD, but there is no difference in quality compared to the SD mode. I had it up for a few days and decided it was a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Oooh, I like that one Shoutcast! Quick question from a newbie - how easy is it to instal one of these? I'd describe myself as below average when it comes to electrical stuff/wiring etc.!

It has 64gig internal memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

mad m wrote: »
    It has 64gig internal memory.

Its says
    Built-in Memory(Total:64MB)
    Bit of a difference, Im in for one too though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Its says

Bit of a difference, Im in for one too though:)

:rolleyes: oops! Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

WTF good is nightvision behind a glass windscreen. All you'll get is a big bright glare recorded.:D
    Mother of God....the size of it:eek:

S1042002%20(19).jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

kaizersoze wrote: »
    WTF good is nightvision behind a glass windscreen. All you'll get is a big bright glare recorded.:D
    Mother of God....the size of it:eek:

S1042002%20(19).jpg

The 6 leds are basically decoration its the size, sensitivity and signal to noise ratiio of the cmos sensor that matters for 'night vision'.
    The photo you linked is clearly superimposed very badly on the picture. there are tons of reviews where you can see the actual size on youtube if you look for f198b.
    The one linked to by shoutcast would seem to have usable quality at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I've owned one, its a piece of sh*t............ the typical Chinese plastic rubbish.

Worked for a while, then started turning itself off randomly and not recording, then failed altogether.

If your serious about getting a dashcam for what ever reason, spend a bit of money on a decent name-brand one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

This guy has done reviews on a load of them:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB79814F24001328

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Bought one! Thanks

Advertisement