Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Free Vaping Initiative: the petition to end them all

Options
  • 25-02-2014 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

This is not another petition, but a real opportunity to legislate the e-cigarette outside both Big Tobacco and Big Pharma across Europe.

Tomorrow, the European Union intends to regulate the Ecig in its directive on Tobacco Products, applying absurd restrictions that shall end the Ecig as we know it.

Only inefficient models, mainly sold by the tobacco industry, will remain allowed.

We are to expect:
    • sealed cartridges of no more than 2ml
    • no more variable-voltage batteries
    • drastically reduced choice of aromas
    • e-liquid bottles limited to 10ml

This will end the best alternative to tobacco that was ever created.

Against these absurd and unfair rules, there is a last resort: the European Citizen Initiative (ECI), organized by the European Free Vaping Initiative (EFVI). We are to gather at least 1000000 digital signatures before November 25th, 2014. Tonight Ireland lags somewhat with only 89 voters, I'm sorry to say (tallying is done by the European Commission directly).

This official process will let us make a specific legislative proposal and have it voted by the European Parliament.
    1. To sign, go to www.efvi.eu
    2. Complete the form. You will need to provide proper identification to
      ensure you are entitled to vote.
    3. Rejoice for having accomplished your civic duty
    4. Optional: spread the word, print the flyers, talk about it around you, and join the fight.

Support the EVFI - We rely on you!
    More information at www.efvi.eu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

done

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ron jambo

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

done, **** the c...s

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thbb

Thanks a lot all of you. Thanks to just the votes in these threads, Ireland has moved past the 1% threshold!

In light of today's vote, yet, it is clear that what is needed to make our voice heard is an initiative at the European level.

The European Free Vaping Initiative may look like one among many others, like those cited in the other threads. It is also led by a disparate and informal (but large!) team, which is still struggling to get organized. Yet, there are 2 key aspects that make me believe it could be the best way to remedy the current e-cig situation:
    • it is ambitious, and success will bring definitive reward: through some nice irony, we'll have this very EU legislative body just undo what it has done today, thanks to our collective effort. The outcome is *real legislation*, not just lobbying. It is a chance to get our destiny in our own hands, without the political intermediaries who deform our will.
    • it is catching some serious steam across Europe: Germany is at 15% of its threshold, Finland at 26%, and 8 other countries are above 5%. At EVFI-France, we are preparing a major initiative coming in the next weeks to reach to *all* vape shops, who are primarily concerned with this vote, and propose them a package of flyers and booklets to inform their customers.

As soon as possible, we will have this advocacy package translated in English (it is already available in Spanish) and post it on the facebook page of the initiative.

So, signing is great, but we need more, and we lack relays in Ireland. If any of you can spare a little bit of their free time to talk to local vape shops, spread the word at pubs, have your family and non-vaping friends members sign it, even if they don't vape, we have a real chance to turnover today's EU vote.

Sincerely, and have a happy vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Done

ONLY 35.5k in total votes so far : - ( why so low ? hard to see 965,000 more votes are going to come from if the initial flurry is that low

• Advertisement

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

masonchat wrote: »
    ONLY 35.5k in total votes so far : - ( why so low ? hard to see 965,000 more votes are going to come from if the initial flurry is that low

'Cos only actual vapers are signing. We need to get family, friends and random strangers to sign as well.
    We all know at least 20 people and they know 20 more. Spam em, pay em, lie to em, (it's OK it's how they screwed us, right!) anything to raise the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thbb

tommy2bad wrote: »
    'Cos only actual vapers are signing. We need to get family, friends and random strangers to sign as well.
    We all know at least 20 people and they know 20 more. Spam em, pay em, lie to em, (it's OK it's how they screwed us, right!) anything to raise the numbers.

Or because we are only beginning to get serious steam going. Just so you know, we, at EFVI-France are starting an action to reach all vape-shops in France with volunteers.

To the vape shop, it is an easy sell, as they can figure their interest in promoting the initiative to their customers. If each vape shop gets 20 signatures per month until November, we will have reached four times the target in France.

We have prepared flyers, posters, explanatory texts on the topic and are printing and handing them out to shops, in bars, pubs...

To help with our fellow EU citizens who may have more difficulty in getting organized, we have translated part of our package in english.

Here is a flyer, a poster.

In attachment, you'll find some more posters.

We would greatly appreciate if we could get local contact points, get these flyers distributed at vape shops, vape fests and vape-friendly pubs.

Thanks to you all and have a happy Vape!

BUMP BUMP

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dermo73

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

thbb wrote: »

Here is a flyer, a poster.

In attachment, you'll find some more posters.

We would greatly appreciate if we could get local contact points, get these flyers distributed at vape shops, vape fests and vape-friendly pubs.

Thanks to you all and have a happy Vape!

Online vendors could do a lot to help here by printing the flyer and including one in every order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

DubTony wrote: »
    Online vendors could do a lot to help here by printing the flyer and including one in every order.

Absolutely Tony.

I'm going to be quite blunt here. Any vendor here who doesn't do so or doesn't sign the initiative should be ashamed of themselves as they will be out of business before too long and only have themselves to blame. The statment of support here in Ireland is VERY poor, with under 5%. It's not as bad as eastern Europe though where, for the most part, it's only about 3% +/-.

This is a genuine opportunity for the vapers of Europe to put their stamp on the direction of vaping for generations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

DubTony wrote: »

I'd much rather see this in my vapemail than a piece of paper informing me what I ordered less than 24 hours ago, heh. They could simply reverse the sheet and run it through the printer again. It strikes me that there's a lot of needless waste with vapemail, if there's a mistake I can always check my order history online. I recycle what I can but I'm sure a lot of those order details end up in the bin.

I've been flying the flag on my site since I heard about it, I'm going to send a friendly nudge of encouragement to the vendors I have listed to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Done

Advertisement