Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WC 2014 Brasil; Starts June 12th 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Have this at 33/1 with PP -not sure if its still at that price now but was a few days ago.

He's come in to 20s: you must have put your life savings on him:P

On the other hand PP still have Balotelli at 50/1 for golden boot, might get on that tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

OXlaide Chamberlain is injured for 10 days. Milner is 5/4 to start V Italy and Sterling is 13/8. Not a 100% arb but pretty darn close!

My guess is Welbeck left wing, Lallana right wing, like the game against peru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Austria! wrote: »
    My guess is Welbeck left wing, Lallana right wing, like the game against peru.

Yeh some one else said that to me. Mental that Welsh1t could start ahead of Sterling

like the game against peru.

Yeah seems like that was his first XI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Nuts102 wrote: »
    That looks good surely the likes of Neymar, Messi and Higuain will score 3 or 4. So you could probably make profit of those three alone.

I asked on live help and it is one bet per account .Was really hoping to get a few on without having to open another account or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

yabadabado wrote: »
    I asked on live help and it is one bet per account .Was really hoping to get a few on without having to open another account or 2.

Strange that it says "Maximum £/€5 free bet per selection per goal." in the T&C's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Do smartlvesports or Betbright dont be afraid of new bookies!!
    I've openned nearly 50 new accounts this week for world cup alone.
    Mugging 2k on Spain think its a good bet and i rarely ever just bet on something i fancy but world cups don't come around that often!

Mugging 2k on Spain think its a good bet and i rarely ever just bet on something i fancy but world cups don't come around that often!
    Will be opening a few accounts before WC starts.Just would have done a few top GS bets if PP would let there be more than one per account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Going in again on Chile at 50/1. If they top that group they could have a decent passage to the semi's. I looked through Hollands's team last night and it is fairly average. Spain are very strong but with it being in South America i am hoping Chile can sneak the group then anything could happen. Surprised they are so big being honest after a poor start in qualifying they were very impressive.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Going in again on Chile at 50/1. If they top that group they could have a decent passage to the semi's. I looked through Hollands's team last night and it is fairly average. Spain are very strong but with it being in South America i am hoping Chile can sneak the group then anything could happen. Surprised they are so big being honest after a poor start in qualifying they were very impressive.
    Still though to win the tournament is a massive ask for the likes of Chile. They're round 10s to reach the semis, would that not be a more attractive bet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Saw this in another thread and made a tip out of it.

Correct. At the start of every tournament and new season, they do a bumper pull out with analysis, trends, stats etc free with the daily edition.
    In depth analysis of all teams and selections for all the major markets like Golden Boot and Top Scorer markets and a couple of suggestions for some atypical markets in there as well ( like ref of the Final).
    Of course, with different opinions on offer, your head might get melted with all the contradicting advice but I love it just to get in the mood for the tournament.

Pretty big chance that that will be the same guy who did the CL final, Bjorn Kuipers of Holland.

4 years ago Webb did the CL and got the WC final.

Kuipers had the EL final last year, Confed Cup final after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Still though to win the tournament is a massive ask for the likes of Chile. They're round 10s to reach the semis, would that not be a more attractive bet?

Ye i had €15 on at 50/1 your right it probably it is a big ask i just have a feeling. Think i will follow your advice and put a few pound on at 10's for the semi's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Have you backed Spain yet? Planning the same but I think each and every big company will be holding arbs the day previous or the day of the tournament, so I expect to get at least 15/2 Spain or a decent offer for money back if Brazil win. May have to spread around to get a few hundred on but given that the liabilities are England obviously, and the mug punts of Argentina and Belgium, I'd expect Spain and Germany to be the ones pushed

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Have you backed Spain yet? Planning the same but I think each and every big company will be holding arbs the day previous or the day of the tournament, so I expect to get at least 15/2 Spain or a decent offer for money back if Brazil win. May have to spread around to get a few hundred on but given that the liabilities are England obviously, and the mug punts of Argentina and Belgium, I'd expect Spain and Germany to be the ones pushed

Expekt and Betclic where 8/1 Spain 2 days ago , I got 1400 on between accounts I have , I've taken Spain at Skybet ( refund Brazil) Coral (refund brazil or argentina) Vernons (refund brazil) Betbright (free 5 every time they win a match) Unibet ( knocked out on penos) Betsafe ( took brazil but layed them - refund if Spain win ) Betngo ( double odds up to 50 payout) Comeon (same as betngo) and Gowager (25% bonus if they win all group games up to 250)

Thats has taken me to just over 2250 on spain mugged some of it has refund if conditions but all the bets are value in some shape or form. Alot of those bets have stake restrictions 25 or 50 i cant remember off top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

Hey as you've joined about 50 bookies can you post the ones that aren't mentioned here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057207556

DominicKid wrote: »
    Hey as you've joined about 50 bookies can you post the ones that aren't mentioned here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057207556

i've a spreadsheet with just over 700 individual that i've joined , I wouldn't paste it in though because I can't stand over each bookie and it would be a ballache to go through which ones are slow payers/no payers or which ones have closed merged etc. Google is your friend though http://www.top100bookmakers.com/completelist.php
    theres 575 there to get through. But really you should do some research before just signing up and depositing even household names like Betbutler (well maybe not a household name but they are well known ) are not paying out at the moment.

i've a spreadsheet with just over 700 individual that i've joined , I wouldn't paste it in though because I can't stand over each bookie and it would be a ballache to go through which ones are slow payers/no payers or which ones have closed merged etc. Google is your friend though http://www.top100bookmakers.com/completelist.php
    theres 575 there to get through. But really you should do some research before just signing up and depositing even household names like Betbutler (well maybe not a household name but they are well known ) are not paying out at the moment.

i actually have seen that website before and i'm sure most of them are well dodgy :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Fowler87 wrote: »

This is great. Cheers for posting.

• Advertisement

Ribery out. France drifting a little. Greizmann has been great in the last two games for France, so more a blow to squad depth than first 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

It's actually hilarious the price Argentina are now. 4/1 best among the mainstream and the punters still can't get enough. The industry is getting away with murder. Biggest mug punt since....Argentina in 2010!! Although Germany going off 3s favourite for the Euros runs it close

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

All the better for the wise owls who want the 13/2 on Spain ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It's actually hilarious the price Argentina are now. 4/1 best among the mainstream and the punters still can't get enough. The industry is getting away with murder. Biggest mug punt since....Argentina in 2010!! Although Germany going off 3s favourite for the Euros runs it close

Easy group and run until the semi finals. Savage squad. Would put them as clear second favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Marco Reus serious ankle injury looks likely to miss the World Cup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Lads anyone have an opinion on japan over 3.5 goals at 1/1? Don't see much of them but any time I do they play really open attacking football and their group isn't the strongest. Kagawa seems to really blossom in that team and Honda seems reliable for a few goals aswell. I've already backed Ivory Coast to qualify from this group, but fancy japan to score a few in this group aswell.

• Advertisement

Also to the people who did the perm tri cast combinations they look like a good value bet for small stakes. Did you do these online or in shop? Online won't let me do it and think the cashiers in my local powers would to tell me to **** off if I walked in with a docket full of group tri cast perms ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

If Podolski starts for Germany now that Reus is out injured, 5/1 for him to be top scoring Arsenal player looks decent with paddy power

anyone do like 100 slips @ around €0.20 each return €50k+ bet on tricast / dual forecast accum or something similar on paddy, just want to know before they limit me which hasn't happened before..

anyone do like 100 slips @ around €0.20 each return €50k+ bet on tricast / dual forecast accum or something similar on paddy, just want to know before they limit me which hasn't happened before..

how many permutations would you need to do to cover all possibilities for first and second place in the groups ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Yes, online, no problem.
    yabadabado wrote: »
    how many permutations would you need to do to cover all possibilities for first and second place in the groups ?

429,981,696.......took ages!! :D

• Advertisement

Top Serie A scorer

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/top-serie-a-goalscorer

Has to be between Higuain and Ballotelli, so I don't understand those prices. Went max bet on both with Paddy.

neil.p.b wrote: »
    Yes, online, no problem.

429,981,696.......took ages!! :D

:eek:

Just wanted to say to anyone thinking of making any australia-based bets, I saw the team last night. The are so much better than I thought they would be. Probbaly the worst team in the group still, but they are not the whipping boys some people think.

Top Serie A scorer

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/top-serie-a-goalscorer

Has to be between Higuain and Ballotelli, so I don't understand those prices. Went max bet on both with Paddy.

Klose has to be in with a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

I'm going to do about 100. But before I start, I want to know if they're going to throw a hissy fit if it wins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'm going to do about 100. But before I start, I want to know if they're going to throw a hissy fit if it wins?

Very unlikely they'll limit you or act the maggot for a winning accumulator

I think Vargas could have a shout

They'll still have max-payouts, so you won't be able to say....stick a fiver on an 8-fold tri-cast but 10c, 20c bets will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

freebet for first match, Brazil and croatica, what would be the best bet for value

Collie D wrote: »
    Very unlikely they'll limit you or act the maggot for a winning accumulator
    if they do limit me will they stop me from cashing out the big sum or limit me afterwards i withdraw it? :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd be very surprised if he starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

scouttio wrote: »
    If Podolski starts for Germany now that Reus is out injured, 5/1 for him to be top scoring Arsenal player looks decent with paddy power

Just threw a fiver on him to be Tournament Top Scorer at 139/1 on Betfair.

Even if he doesn't start he seems to do well coming off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi lads, any good specials or enhanced odds on the World Cup that don't involve setting up a new account available with any bookmakers? I have accounts with the vast majority and to be honest, I'm far too lazy to set up any more :pac: and I'm getting an itchy trigger finger wanting to place my bets.

Cheers.

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi lads, any good specials or enhanced odds on the World Cup that don't involve setting up a new account available with any bookmakers? I have accounts with the vast majority and to be honest, I'm far too lazy to set up any more :pac: and I'm getting an itchy trigger finger wanting to place my bets.

Cheers.
    The paddy power outright goalscorer one, place a 20euro bet and get a free 5euro bet anytime they score.

freebet for first match, Brazil and croatica, what would be the best bet for value

Well for a 5er you are probably best going on a correct score or goalscorer. Maybe 2-1 Brazil, can't Croatia beating them but it won't be easy for Brazil.

Lads could someone please explain how the perm tri casts work please ! For example,can I do a couple of outcomes for the same group? Ie - Brazil /Mexico /Croatia , Brazil/Croatia/ Mexico and perm them with tri casts from all the other groups? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The paddy power outright goalscorer one, place a 20euro bet and get a free 5euro bet anytime they score.

By far the best offer out there so far but a pain it's not in the shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Just wanted to say to anyone thinking of making any australia-based bets, I saw the team last night. The are so much better than I thought they would be. Probbaly the worst team in the group still, but they are not the whipping boys some people think.

Australia to get 0 points.

anyone know exactly when the final group game is on specifically ?

• Advertisement

anyone know exactly when the final group game is on specifically ?

scroll down
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement