Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Mavic Ksyrium Elite

Options
  • 23-07-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Did i dream a thread that these were being bought by boardsies, can't find it, can anyone remember or else recommend a similar and cheap wheel set!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Did i dream a thread that these were being bought by boardsies, can't find it, can anyone remember or else recommend a similar and cheap wheel set!
    Thanks
    This thread from over 3 years ago? A new pair of Elites are likely to cost you about €500. Would that be cheap enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Inventor

This link came up in the mega bargain thread a few weeks back.

http://www.4thebike.de/laufraeder/rennrad/20/mavic-ksyrium-elite

Thread link here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056356968&page=142

Seems like very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

Inventor wrote: »

Thread link here.

Bloody hell - €380 delivered - that's cheap! I bought Ksyrium Elites about a month ago - shopped around online first, then my LBS price-matched the best price I could find - which was €500. Didn't come across that German site though.

Ah well, I shall content myself with the knowledge that (1) I've had 5 good weeks out of them already, (2) I got great advice (and fitting/adjustment) from LBS when buying, and (3) local economy blah blah blah.

I'm really glad I upgraded to these wheels from my stock bottom-of-the-range Mavics. I notice a big difference. Go for it you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

I got my elite s including buying and fitting an 11 28 cassette for 420 ish from LBS and they were this years model and not the 2010 ones in thread.. Haggle haggle

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Inventor wrote: »

Thread link here.

I knew I wasn't dreaming! A had a look through that thread but couldn't find it, thanks a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

shaka wrote: »
    I got my elite s including buying and fitting an 11 28 cassette for 420 ish from LBS and they were this years model and not the 2010 ones in thread.. Haggle haggle
    That's a great LBS price for ksyrium elites.
    The ones in the thread look like 2013 model to me though...

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

loinnsigh wrote: »
    That's a great LBS price for ksyrium elites.
    The ones in the thread look like 2013 model to me though...

Just posting to (reviving) this thread so others can also avail of this great offer if they want to; I got mine delivered last week. They are indeed the 2013 (WTS) model with tyres and tubes fitted. I got them delivered with a (shimano 105) cassette for €414. Great deal. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Any idea what the difference is between the Ksyrium Elites and the Campag Zonda's is? Zonda's are ~€40 cheaper and the same weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Jocry wrote: »
    These are Cosmic Elites, rather than Ksyrium Elites, though I'm not sure what the exact difference is.

A friend has an injured rear Ksyrium equipe which may or may not be repairable. Better to just get a new rear wheel, or full set? (current ones are good few years old, well used).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Guybrush T

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Any idea what the difference is between the Ksyrium Elites and the Campag Zonda's is? Zonda's are ~€40 cheaper and the same weight.

Well the Campags look more awesomer for a start. :)

Jocry wrote: »

That's the Cosmic Elite, not the Kysrium Elite S. The Cosmic Elite is cheaper on 4thebike.de too:
    http://www.4thebike.de/laufraeder/rennrad/14/mavic-cosmic-elite

(€335 + €10 delivery).

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    These are Cosmic Elites, rather than Ksyrium Elites, though I'm not sure what the exact difference is.

The Cosmic Elite is supposed to be the entry-level aero wheel, according to the Mavic site. Though at just 30mm deep I can't see how much of an aero advantage it provides TBH. They're a bit heavier at 1770gr vs. the kysrium elite S being 1520gr, which is to be expected with the deeper rims.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭sann

Hi Condor. Just wondering if the tyres were included in the 380 euro price from 4thebike.de. Just about to bang in an order for a set and cant seem to see what tyres come with the wheelset.

sann wrote: »
    Hi Condor. Just wondering if the tyres were included in the 380 euro price from 4thebike.de. Just about to bang in an order for a set and cant seem to see what tyres come with the wheelset.

The tyres are Mavic Yksion, as described on their site:
    http://www.mavic.com/en/product/wheels/road-triathlon/wheels/Ksyrium-Elite-S

They seem pretty decent so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭billyhead

Are they much of a difference from the Mavic Aksiums. The Aksiums came as stock wheels with my carbon bike and was wondering would the Elites be worth investing in in terms of improving my speed on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mingmong29

Cond0r wrote: »
    Just posting to (reviving) this thread so others can also avail of this great offer if they want to; I got mine delivered last week. They are indeed the 2013 (WTS) model with tyres and tubes fitted. I got them delivered with a (shimano 105) cassette for €414. Great deal. Delighted!
    Hi Cond0r, did you buy from the German site and are they def 2013 wheels, as the ones shown on their website are 2012 which have black hubs. The 2013 wheels have silver/black not that I'd say there is a whole lot of difference between them. Was looking at getting a pair myself for that money, seem like great value:)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

mingmong29 wrote: »
    Hi Cond0r, did you buy from the German site and are they def 2013 wheels, as the ones shown on their website are 2012 which have black hubs. The 2013 wheels have silver/black not that I'd say there is a whole lot of difference between them. Was looking at getting a pair myself for that money, seem like great value:)

@mingmong29, I bought mine from 4thebike.de a couple of months ago and they were the 2013 version and came with tyres & tubes.......bargain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭New2bike

guym wrote: »
    @mingmong29, I bought mine from 4thebike.de a couple of months ago and they were the 2013 version and came with tyres & tubes.......bargain!!!

Sorry stupid question but did you specifically order tyres and tubes or did they just come with them and if so what make/model were the tyres??

mingmong29 wrote: »

They're the ones pictured here. Definitely the 2013 model with tyres + tubes. The picture on the 4thebike site is incorrect. They are excellent value for money.

• Advertisement

New2bike wrote: »
    Sorry stupid question but did you specifically order tyres and tubes or did they just come with them and if so what make/model were the tyres??

They come with them, mounted and all. They're Mavic Yksion tyres (Griplink and Powerlink (front and rear, respectively)). The details are on the Mavic site:
    http://www.mavic.com/en/product/wheels/road-triathlon/wheels/Ksyrium-Elite-S

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

New2bike wrote: »

As per Condor's reply, the 2013 wheels come with tyres and tubes already mounted. I ordered the wheels thinking they were the older version that come with no tyres so was well chuffed when they turned up, nice new 2013 version with tyres and tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mingmong29

Cond0r wrote: »
    They're the ones pictured here. Definitely the 2013 model with tyres + tubes. The picture on the 4thebike site is incorrect. They are excellent value for money.
    Brilliant...just ordered a pair, cant go wrong with them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alans220

Hi,

Thinking of ordering a set of these, never bought from Germany before and a little worried.

The ones advertised do not show tyres/tubes, are they all being delivered with them?

Is the order form easy to understand.

I'm in GB not sure if that will make any difference.

thanks

al

alans220 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thinking of ordering a set of these, never bought from Germany before and a little worried.

The ones advertised do not show tyres/tubes, are they all being delivered with them?

Is the order form easy to understand.

I'm in GB not sure if that will make any difference.

thanks

al

Read back through the thread. Everyone that has ordered them has received the 2013 Kysrium Elite S with tyres and tubes as specified on the Mavic site. I don't see why it would make a difference that you're in the UK.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I emailed the company and they have replied;

Dear Alan,

yep, the wheels are complete with tires and tubes and they are the 2013 version. Shipping to GB costs 5,95€, Ireland 10€.

All the best

--
    Sportliche Grüße

Friederike Dietzmann -Team 4thebike-

So my order is will be placed very shortly

al

Thanks to you all for this thread.

Wheels now ordered, bargain!

al

Wheels arrived today, all good

elites.jpg

al

• Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭billyhead

alans220 wrote: »
    Wheels arrived today, all good

elites.jpg

al
    received delivery of these the other day and as I'm a noobie to these things is there much work involved in fitting the cassette from the other wheels I have and getting them set up on the bike. Sorry for the stupid question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Been umming and ahhing about getting these wheels a while.
    Decided to just bite the bullet and order them, but the guilts stopped me mid order.

€380 is quite an expense to me, but it's do-able.
    My current stock back wheel is a bit rumbly and could do with replacing I've been told by 2 bike shops - though they also said it would probably see me through this winter.

Any reason why I shouldn't get these Ksyrium Elites for €380?
    I could get the Zhondas everyone raves about except my bike is all Shimano and there's something about having shimano and campag on a bike that doesn't look right to me. Stupid I know, but there you have it.

If I bought these from a shop they'd be €550.

Should I wait til new year to invest in new wheels, or get these now before my boiler breaks down and my money goes towards house maintenance expenses as per usual.
    :confused:

Advertisement