Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUPERVALU - 3 for €2.00 offers

Options
  • 03-07-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

We already have an ALDI super 6 thread going so here's a 3 for €2.00 one for Supervalu, enjoy !

Supervalu 3 for €2.00 - Mon 8th - Sat 20th July

Carrot and Parsnip tray 500g

Nectarine Punnet 5 piece

Broccoli Crown 350g

Tomato Tray 6 piece

Pineapple

Bag Carrots 750g

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

So we going to have one for Lidl, Dunnes, Superquinn & Tesco as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

snubbleste wrote: »
    So we going to have one for Lidl, Dunnes, Superquinn & Tesco as well?

Not a bad idea I think, it keeps them all seperate, you see already that the Aldi one has turned into a recipes for sweet potato thread (and I was guilty myself of going off topic but throwing up some recipes there).

I think it makes sense, perhaps a MOD can advise/decide ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I think we should have it all in one thread. Otherwise it's all over the shop
    I nominate you to be dfbemtII

There is only 1 dfbemt

Edit - better still make them stickys for each store?

I've asked Basq to take a look at this thread and see what they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

vicwatson wrote: »
    We already have an ALDI super 6 thread going so here's a 3 for €2.00 one for Supervalu, enjoy !

Supervalu 3 for €2.00 - Mon 8th - Sat 20th July

Carrot and Parsnip tray 500g

Nectarine Punnet 5 piece

Broccoli Crown 350g

Tomato Tray 6 piece

Pineapple

Bag Carrots 750g

That mix and match deal is useless,better off just offering cheaper fruit+veg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd probably also prefer to keep it to one thread..

.. we'll end up with a constantly rotating front page of grocery deals otherwise.

Basq wrote: »
    I'd probably also prefer to keep it to one thread..

.. we'll end up with a constantly rotating front page of grocery deals otherwise.

What about a thread for each supermarket with a heading like "XXXXsupermarketnameXX Weekly Fruit and Veg Offers" and that is where all the offers go....take the Tesco bargains thread, it only relates to bargains in Tesco for example?

So far the Aldi thread has special offers on fruit and veg for Supervalu in it too, someone seeing the Aldi thread is not going to find the Supervalu offers in there, hence me starting a new thread specific to that supermarket's special offers on fruit and veg.

Maybe these threads can them be stickyed?

Could have an Aldi/Lidl thread combined plus a Tesco also a Supervalue thread combined with whoever,would limit it to three threads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Dr Drastico

I'm not sure if it is a perception thing but I find the quality of the vegetables in Aldi (who started this whole price war on fruit and veg) to be inferior to Supervalu. Which is surprising, as the majority of the rest of the goods they stock tend to be of very high quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I'm not sure if it is a perception thing but I find the quality of the vegetables in Aldi (who started this whole price war on fruit and veg) to be inferior to Supervalu. Which is surprising, as the majority of the rest of the goods they stock tend to be of very high quality.

Iverk Produce Ltd a large company based in Piltown, Co. Kilkenny supply both Aldi and Supervalu with vegetables.

http://www.iverkproduce.com/about-us/our-history/

• Advertisement

I think in general they are equally as good as supervalu, there were vine tomatoes a couple weeks back on the super 6 that were almost all mouldy and there was a good stock of them, I think it was only the first or second day of offer - they were deffo all going in the bin that evening if not before, but that's the first time I've seen bad quality in the super 6.

I think in general they are equally as good as supervalu, there were vine tomatoes a couple weeks back on the super 6 that were almost all mouldy and there was a good stock of them, I think it was only the first or second day of offer - they were deffo all going in the bin that evening if not before, but that's the first time I've seen bad quality in the super 6.

The Blueberries a couple of weeks back were mouldy as hell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Dr Drastico

egan2020 wrote: »
    Iverk Produce Ltd a large company based in Piltown, Co. Kilkenny supply both Aldi and Supervalu with vegetables.

http://www.iverkproduce.com/about-us/our-history/

Cheers for that. As I said it's probably perception. It's the same perception that thinks Lidl has better quality fruit and veg in comparison to the rest of their stock, while Aldi does the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What about a thread for each supermarket with a heading like "XXXXsupermarketnameXX Weekly Fruit and Veg Offers" and that is where all the offers go....take the Tesco bargains thread, it only relates to bargains in Tesco for example?

So far the Aldi thread has special offers on fruit and veg for Supervalu in it too, someone seeing the Aldi thread is not going to find the Supervalu offers in there, hence me starting a new thread specific to that supermarket's special offers on fruit and veg.

Maybe these threads can them be stickyed?
    Personally, I've a real problem with dedicated threads in that they're so easily missed..

.. posting an "Aldi Super 6 [Vine Tomatoes, Celery, Oranges etc]" in the thread title each week is much easier to get attention to than a simply "Weekly Aldi Super 6" which is grand if you subscribe to it but simply a placeholder otherwise.

And as for stickies, we've been asked to keep stickies to a maximum of 3, so the stickies are staying as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Strangely, I find exactly the opposite. I find the quality of fruit and veg in my local Aldi to be consistently better than both the local Supervalu and Tesco.
    Maybe branches differ. Certainly, my local Supervalu is inferior in many respects to that in the nearest town about 16 miles away.

Basq wrote: »
    Personally, I've a real problem with dedicated threads in that they're so easily missed..

.. posting an "Aldi Super 6 [Vine Tomatoes, Celery, Oranges etc]" in the thread title each week is much easier to get attention to than a simply "Weekly Aldi Super 6" which is grand if you subscribe to it but simply a placeholder otherwise.

And as for stickies, we've been asked to keep stickies to a maximum of 3, so the stickies are staying as is.

Ok forget stickies, but regards the dedicated thread, most of these ARE and HAVE BEEN updated by users since they threads were first posted, I know myself, Snubble and lindtee among others have bumped these back up to page 1 when the new offers are issued by the respective supermarkets, so they would be, have been and are more than a mere placeholder as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Congrats to the OP for spelling "SuperValu" correctly. Everyone else online seems to spell it SuperValue.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Not a bad idea I think, it keeps them all seperate, you see already that the Aldi one has turned into a recipes for sweet potato thread (and I was guilty myself of going off topic but throwing up some recipes there).

I think it makes sense, perhaps a MOD can advise/decide ??

I love the recipe ideas, helps show how you can use the bargain fruit/veg when you might otherwise pass them by. Keep posted your ideas please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

This weeks offer in Supervalu, ends saturday ( I previously posted in the Aldi thread!)

3-for-2-Slider-Wk-27.jpg

Have to say that I preferred the way that dfbemt used to post all the vegetable/fruit offers for the different stores together, rather than seperate threads for everything. Whatever happened to him? :(

I think it's great to keep them seperate as one can discuss the individual offers, recipes etc on the weeks offers for the individual supermarkets and then when the new offers come out they invariably get bumped up to the top of the forum.

Everyones a winner.

• Advertisement

3 for €2.00 offers from 22nd July to 27th July

Orange Tray 4 Piece

Kiwi Punnet 6 Piece

Bag Carrots 750 g

Iceberg Lettuce 1 Piece

Mushrooms Punnet

Cherry Tomato Punnet 250 g

It's a bit Meh as Aldi have the Kiwi and Iceberg lettuce, and large breakfast mushrooms offers above but at 35c a pop, still for those that might not have an Aldi near them.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Quality will vary from shop to shop both between rival supermarkets and within each supermarket group itself. It isn't down to supply lines, it's down to the management of each individual shop, their sell through rate on fresh lines, and their clientele profile.

3 for €2.00 offers from 29th July to 10th August

Large Flat Breakfast Mushrooms 250g

Supreme Red Onion Net 500g

Tomato Tray 6 Piece

Yellow Melon

Red & Green Pepper Twinpack

Peach Punnet 5 Piece

3 for €2.00 offers from 19th August to 31st August

Pear tray 6 pcs

Closed Cup Mushrooms 250g

Pineapple

Apples 8 pcs

Broccoli Crown 350g

Onions 1 kg

3 for €2.00 offers from 2nd September to 14th September

Royal Gala Apples 6 Pack

Snack Pack Bananas 6 Pack

Orange Tray 4 Pack

York Cabbage

Carrot Bag 750g

Pepper 2 Pack

3 for €2.00 offers from 16th September to 21st September

Galia Melon

Celery Pack

Pears 6 Pack

Carrots 750g

Cherry Tomato Punnet

Mango

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

kneemos wrote: »
    The Blueberries a couple of weeks back were mouldy as hell.

Yes that's for sure they were pure muck, said they where sourced in Poland the ones I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Got the melons there today, lovely!

Thought I saw broccoli on SV offers but it has disappeared. Maybe it was one of the others ads in paper at weekend.

Yes that's for sure they were pure muck, said they where sourced in Poland the ones I got.

Eh that comment is from early July !! :confused::p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They have two lots of cherry tomatoes on special but usually only one is in stock which usualy means if you pick the wrong one they charge full price for the other two items you picked.

Advertisement