Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Protein

Options
  • 22-05-2013 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Just wondering where abouts do the cheapest protein or is there good deals on anywhere at the moment??

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Holland & Barret have a better than half price sale: http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product.asp?sid=169

Or there are guys selling whey on adverts for €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

order from here - good quality protein, great flavours reasonably priced!

http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html

order from here - good quality protein, great flavours reasonably priced!

http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html

Looks good. How much is delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

NoQuarter wrote: »
    How much is delivery?
    I think there is a minimum price and you can get huge weights for that. I got stuff a long time ago, box was about 20kg and the size of a box small fridge would come in, think postage was £6.50.

When you register you get a referral code, mine is MP99441 which you can use at checkout for 5% off your first order, and I get points on my account, its sort of like supermarket clubcard points. I get 1p worth for every £ spent.

I get unflavoured whey and the flavourings separately, this way I can use it in cooking etc and add how much flavourings I like.

Thats a good idea, there have been occasions where unflavoured whey would come in handy. That being said, I don't complain too much about my protein chocolate muffins, bars, pancakes etc etc :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Holland & Barret have a better than half price sale: http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product.asp?sid=169

Or there are guys selling whey on adverts for €30.

Not a great deal really.

Not a great deal really.

Agreed.

I was literally just about to order whey from myprotein and for the chocolate whey it's €27.50 delivered for a 1kg pouch with 22.3g of protein per 30g scoop while the ones on adverts are €30 (ultimate nutrition whey supreme) for 2.27kg tubs with 21g per 30g scoop.

So its adverts that gets my money anyway.

Can anyone work out a better price?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭stocktrader

Agreed.

I was literally just about to order whey from myprotein and for the chocolate whey it's €27.50 delivered for a 1kg pouch with 22.3g of protein per 30g scoop while the ones on adverts are €30 (ultimate nutrition whey supreme) for 2.27kg tubs with 21g per 30g scoop.

So its adverts that gets my money anyway.

Can anyone work out a better price?

I saw another thread and the guy mentions about a post on reddit where someone had tested all the shakes. It turned out there wasnt a great deal protein in the cheap ones and even some expensive ones. Rumour has it that whey is also bad for the body.

Probably best having chicken breasts ready on the go in your bag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I saw another thread and the guy mentions about a post on reddit where someone had tested all the shakes. It turned out there wasnt a great deal protein in the cheap ones and even some expensive ones. Rumour has it that whey is also bad for the body.

Apparently the H&B one is dire and no decent protein in it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Chicken breasts open up a whole other conundrum. If its not free range god knows whats being injected into those poor birds. Also you have make sure you keep the chicken is kept adequately stored and chilled in your bag.

• Advertisement

I had a google of that. Interesting read, although the lab test seemed as dodgy as any dodgy protein! I'm not going to draw any conclusions from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

jbc.co.uk sell 5kg for 56euro

jbc.co.uk sell 5kg for 56euro

Good find. Delivery is €11.66 so a total of €67.79 which is the same price as the adverts one per kilo (€30.78 per 2.27kg). This has 24.5g of protein per serving which is better (assuming the serving size is 30g like the others). More carbs though, although that may not be a problem depending.

So probably a better buy if you have the spare cash/want to buy in bulk!

* http://www.jbc-nutrition.co.uk/jbc-ultimate-whey-5kg-1740-p.asp

Edit: assuming you cant bargain the adverts guys down to 2 tubs for €55.

I'll be making a purchase from them tomorrow/Saturday so will report back with how it went :)

Hey lads, quick review on jbc nutrition.

Ordered last Friday week and received my package last Friday. I got strawberry and it smells delicious and I think it tastes lovely too. The strawberry flavour isn't red powder as I thought it would be, it's vanilla coloured. 5 working days to get here isn't bad considering it came from the UK.

I recommend. You also build up loyalty points like bulkpowders and MyProtein which is handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

who delivered it? was it AnPost, DPD, or a different courier?

GLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭PhilipJ

Hey Guys, I see SiS have protein available. Might be worth a try. http://www.scienceinsport.ie/default.asp?cat=34

Advertisement