Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former FF TD Ivor Callely arrested by fraud squad

Options
  • 19-04-2013 11:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

FORMER TD and Senator Ivor Callely has been arrested by the fraud squad. The ex-Fianna Fail representative, who resigned over an expenses scandal, is being questioned by Gardaí for taking the píss out of us all...

Full Article

I hope they hang the cocky obnoxious fúcker out to dry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Edit - News is 15 months old, OP has spent way to much time on his computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

huh

this news is three months old

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

kingtiger wrote: »
    huh this news is three months old
    25 JANUARY 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

huh

No. this morning. It was reported on the 11am news on RTE radio.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0419/382410-callely-arrest/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Phoebas wrote: »
    No. this morning. It was reported on the 11am news on RTE radio.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0419/382410-callely-arrest/

couldn't happen to a nicer bloke, hopefully they throw the phonebook at him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

He's small fry, the bigger fish like Bertie continue to live large and get paid handsomely to tell others how they bankrupted Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hooray!
    'nuff said.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

oh yay, my favorite threads, bashing politicians and bankers.

lkionm wrote: »

I wish there was free will on boards were we could actually select the threads we wanted to read! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

He's small fry, the bigger fish like Bertie continue to live large and get paid handsomely to tell others how they bankrupted Ireland.

Has to start somewhere, hopefully it will continue!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

I wish there was free will on boards were we could actually select the threads we wanted to read! :(

I was actually hoping he was arrested for pretending to be someone else and it would be like scooby doo when they pulled off his face mask and revealed Charles Haughey.

I wasnt expecting this. I was not prepared for the riveting discussion of hanging people out to dry for a phone bill.

Sure I use my phone in work for personal calls, christ, I am the devil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Didn't know what you were up to posting a 15 months story Lapin, but from the RTE link he's due in court today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Wow,

2010 - Complaint made to Gardai
    April 2011 - File sent to DPP
    April 2013 - finally goes to court

, such an efficient system. Good luck seeing any of the big boys in court before they're dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

OldGoat wrote: »
    Hooray!
    'nuff said.

That and about bloody time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,066 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

True, but it migt make the current crop think twice before indulging in the ame kind of ****.

No more deserving people of a good (verbal/written) bash.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

His response when the gardai arrived this morning to put him in handcuffs "But... but... im a politician?"

I was actually hoping he was arrested for pretending to be someone else and it would be like scooby doo when they pulled off his face mask and revealed Charles Haughey.

I wasnt expecting this. I was not prepared for the riveting discussion of hanging people out to dry for a phone bill.

Maybe if you took it in to context, he resigned over an expenses scandal when he was caught flipping houses, and then in 2010 the fraud squad were called in to invesitgate him for mobile phone expenses.

The fraud squad, you been investigaed by them lately? Well he has, and the house thing was more serious but what of it, if he's charged for this then it's better than nothing. The Fraud Squad is a fairly serious thing, and it's hard enough to see opportunistic and charalatan politicians being held accountable, so this is a start. Also significant, Callerary was/is an amplification of all that was rotten during Fianna Fails tenure, a man who stood up in the senate talking up houses, par for the course, a self-serving FF man.

Lol at who thanked your post by the way, maybe the man of the moment is browsing in court.

Btw, this isn't a random, bash politicans thread, it's not baseless, he is being investigated for fraud.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Something something Garlic Man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Edit - News is 15 months old, OP has spent way to much time on his computer.

Says he tapping away on his computer keyboard. :rolleyes:
    huh

Well spotted tiger.
    snubbleste wrote: »
    25 JANUARY 2012

Just as well you highlighted that in bold print.

Just in case nobody else noticed that you're ar an liathróid like.

It was reported on the news at 11 this morning that he was nicked again today.

That I threw up a link without checking the dates says more about his habitual nature of being arrested than it does about me.

After all, if he was never in trouble with the law in the first place the original link wouldn't exist.

OP edited with updated link.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's all your fault OP, you should've checked the link before you posted it.
    It was 15 months old.

I also heard the news @ 11, the newsreader was almost breathless with shock that after three years being played out in the media, an arrest had taken place.

• Advertisement

No one forced you to read this thread.

If you're content to be bent over and fúcked up the ass by a corrupt politician, then by all means carry on.

But don't log on to a discussion forum moaning about a discussion simply because you claim to have no interest in the topic.

That is the sign of a compete and utter whinger with fúckall better to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Same day as the Anglo bailout payout.......

Tinfoil hats for sale here!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Last time he was in court he made €17,000 and the ''judge'' award costs against the state to the tune of €100,000.

Are Callely and the ''judge'' going to be let pull another hundred grand out of us again or whatsthestory?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I read the thread title as "firing squad"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Another f***in Fianna Fail crook!

There keeping a branch of the fraud squad going all by themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

He didnt just make calls on a work phone. He fraudulently created invoices from a shop that didn't exist to make it look like he purchased phones worth hundreds of euro then pocked the money.

I read the thread title as "firing squad"

If only. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Garda: Have you anything to say in answer to the charges?

Ivor: Can I phone a friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

aloyisious wrote: »
    Garda: Have you anything to say in answer to the charges?

Ivor: Can I phone a friend?

I doubt he has too many of them now.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

I doubt he has too many of them now.............

Unfortunately time after time these FF crooks are carried shoulder high by the "grass roots" party faithful.

Just look at the reception Michael Martin got when he rocked up at a conference after getting the FF leadership job. If memory serves me correct this was only weeks after the Troika arrived in town (I stand to be corrected).

Advertisement