Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get involved in Electric Ireland's Powering Kindness Week and Win an iPad

Options
  • 17-11-2012 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

We're delighted to be launching our Powering Kindness charity initiative, and want you to take part right here on boards. :)

FacebookcoverPK.jpg

What is it, and what do you need to do? Well, it's simple really: we’re inviting everyone to get involved in something that makes us all feel good, and encouraging the nation to share a little human kindness seems like a great place to start. What’s more, we can help raise some money for charity while we’re at it.

All you have to do to partake is log your good deed at poweringkindness.ie, dedicate it to either Focus Ireland, Concern or Special Olympics Ireland and then pass it on via social media or email, so as to spread the word as widely as possible! We'll then make your good deed count for charity.

To be in with a chance of winning an iPad here on boards (a white 2nd generation iPad with 16GB storage, wifi + 3G) bank your good deed at poweringkindness.ie and then post it below. If you're stuck for ideas, have a look at our fast-growing deed feed (kindness is clearly catching!). Pics/videos of your good deeds welcome. :)

iPad2PK.jpg

The competition closes at lunch time on Friday 23rd November, and the Ts&Cs are here. Best of luck!

Thanks,

David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TillHavis

"One Week of Kindness = a Lifetime of Joy " During the week if everybody recorded their efforts in photos or videos and uploaded it to a single site.
    From individuals to organizations to schools and colleges, workplaces etc... Next year we could build the week of kindness into a month of kindness , then a year of kindness.
    Many Baby Steps= One Giant Leap

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

done, registered the stuff I brought to charity :)

cool site

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Great stuff for the Special Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

done, great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭the-jojo-axiom

I helped my stressed best friend sort out some accounts at her store - then treated the two of us to a nice de-stressing cuppa :)

Submitted and shared :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I ran a Christmas Market to raise money for Church repairs yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

done, i think in theses hard times, its nice for us all to lend a helping hand to someone if we can. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

organising a bake sale for charity in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Great idea. I won a raffle and passed the prize on to my local charity shop to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

I really like this - all done, going to cut the grass for my elderly neighbours!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Helped raising a few grand by organizing a gig and playing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

Cut the grass for my neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

repaired over 25 old laptops and desktops for schoolkids in africa for a local charity

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Great idea!

I'm in the process of being tested as a bone marrow donor after being identified as a possible match from the bone marrow register.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Bought my sister a bunch of flowers - just because :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I've just done a good deed for you on behalf of @SpecialOlympics Now it's your turn!

Done :D

(great idea btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Done and shared via facebook and twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Done and emailed a friend. Ran a marathon for charity

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I carry my elderly Neighbors shopping for him on a Sunday morning for him

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Doing a street collection for charity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Done. I volunteered to teach computer skills to older people.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Going to donate a pint of blood this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sos89

Done, Minding my aunt and uncles dog for them while they are away for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Helped an old woman to cross the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭McFry

Done. My girlfriend spotted an elderly, homeless woman sitting on the frozen footpath outside Brown Thomas on O'Connell Street in Limerick City Centre one cold night a few weeks ago, and decided that she had to buy a meal and some tea from Supermac's for this unfortunate lady. It was the first time I witnessed her doing this, but she quietly told me that she does this quite frequently. I love how genuinely charitable she is, I would have given the woman a few euro in change, but a warm meal and drink was just so kind. She doesn't want recognition, and doesn't really care for expensive things, but a prize like this would make a lovely gift for her as a small token for the quiet work she has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Fantastic idea! I babysat my nephew when my sister was sick

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

I helped my nieghbour get his car started as the battery was dead, got it up and running in no time, he was delighted with the help.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

I always fill the kettle up and turn it on in the work kitchenette after I use it, so the next person has hot water ready

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brettg

I located a copy of an out of print book for my sister in law which she really wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

re-installed windown on my wife's netbook

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement