Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Pit #42 Links234

Options
  • 16-11-2012 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭

Here is the latest In The Pit. The next victim volunteer on the list is Links234

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

What's been the best gig you've ever been to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Since Rammstein did that song with that Spiteri one from Texas I've avoided them because I hate her voice that much, though I loved them up til then. Have I missed anything?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out in 2011-2012?
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal (dead or alive), who would they be?
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig (limited to 5 bands)?
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

lord lucan wrote: »
    What's been the best gig you've ever been to?

Hard to pick, how about a top 3?

Opeth and Katatonia in 2001 in the Shelter on the Blackwater Park tour ;)
    Rammstein in the O2 2012
    Rush in the O2 2011
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Whats your musical guilty pleasure?

I have none, I just like what I like, black metal or pop music it doesn't matter.

I love this:

viadah wrote: »
    Since Rammstein did that song with that Spiteri one from Texas I've avoided them because I hate her voice that much, though I loved them up til then. Have I missed anything?

Lots! the last album was supremely better than Rosenrot!
    Denny M wrote: »
    What has been your favourite album out in 2011-2012?
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal (dead or alive), who would they be?
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig (limited to 5 bands)?
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

Clockwork Angels has been pretty awesome

Dave Mustaine. he's turned into such a right-wing christian bigot it's not even funny, and it hurts 'cos I love Megadeth

couldn't say! there's loads in rock and metal that I love and I can't pick favourites

Ghaal, so we could drink red wine and talk about satan :p and also invite along Nergal, Devin Townsend, Pete Steele and Chuck Schuldiner. that would be a fun gathering ;)

Rammstein
    Rush
    Dimmu Borgir
    Devin Townsend
    D

Testament

can't think of anything that I've got recently that really let me down, the last Opeth maybe wasn't the best, but not a huge let down either.

edit: missed the question about other sections of boards. Ladies Lounge, After Hours, Tattoos & Piercings, Atheism & Agnosticism, Nocturnal Forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

- What brought you into Metal?
    - Which was the first album you bought?
    - Which was the first gig you went to?

That's down memory lane, isn't it? ;)

Lars1916 wrote: »
    - What brought you into Metal?
    - Which was the first album you bought?
    - Which was the first gig you went to?

That's down memory lane, isn't it? ;)

Watching Beavis and Butthead as an impressionable young knee-high'er :pac:
    I remember the first album I bought on CD was No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom, and I think I still have it around somewhere
    A Metallica cover band in a pub

No more questions? Fire away with whatever, I don't even care if its personal or anything.

Personal questions are open! How big is your.....
    CD collection?

Arf. Anywho, if you managed to get that chat with Pete Steele now, would you tell him Type O Negative's last album was terrible? What's more frightening in fairness, his hulking living frame or Ghost Pete?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Who would be your 20 favourite bands?

• Advertisement

Personal questions are open! How big is your.....
    CD collection?

Arf. Anywho, if you managed to get that chat with Pete Steele now, would you tell him Type O Negative's last album was terrible? What's more frightening in fairness, his hulking living frame or Ghost Pete?

:eek: how DARE you! I'm disgusted! and shocked, and even a little livid.
    No clue! lots, but couldn't even give a guess.

I wouldn't, because I didn't think it was terrible. Might not have been the best, but it's a bit of a grower. I would even say some of the best Type O songs have been from their later albums, Anaestesia is one of my absolute favourite songs.
    Denny M wrote: »
    Who would be your 20 favourite bands?

couldn't possible put together a 20 faves! no clue!

Links234 wrote: »
    Might not have been the best, but it's a bit of a grower. I would even say some of the best Type O songs have been from their later albums, Anaestesia is one of my absolute favourite songs.

'Life is Killing Me' is my favourite Type O album, but did you not find that 'Dead Again' sounded like a band on auto pilot?

yeah, but it's not terrible.

Righto, agree to disagree then and move it along with: what's the one song that's guaranteed to put a smile on your face no matter what state of mind you're in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Two more from me:

1. Do you prefer the small club gigs or the big festivals?
    2. Have you got any favorite Metal video clip?

Righto, agree to disagree then and move it along with: what's the one song that's guaranteed to put a smile on your face no matter what state of mind you're in?

This :)

just makes me all kinds of happy, makes me think of my girlfriend and gives me a happy, warm, smiley feeling. :D
    Lars1916 wrote: »
    Two more from me:

1. Do you prefer the small club gigs or the big festivals?
    2. Have you got any favorite Metal video clip?

Smaller, they're more intimate and at festivals you've got much shorter sets for bands unless they're headliners.

dunno about favourite, but I'm on a big Japanese metal binge at the moment, so here's one of my faves! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Do you play any instruments? And what instrument would you love to be able to play?
    Any albums by well known bands that you feel are underrated?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Any album/band you like but don't like to admit (eg a guilty pleasure)?

Unfortunately you've died today what song is playing at your funeral?

Favorite Rammstein song? (If it is actually Links pick another haha)

You've mentioned you do like Megadeth, fave album in your opinion...

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Do you play any instruments? And what instrument would you love to be able to play?
    Any albums by well known bands that you feel are underrated?

guitar. and I'd love to be able to play the piano :)

St. Anger!

haha, no. :p but seriously, Blind Guardian's A Night At The Opera. it's maybe my fave of theirs but I don't think as many people like it compared to their older albums.
    Any album/band you like but don't like to admit (eg a guilty pleasure)?

Unfortunately you've died today what song is playing at your funeral?

Favorite Rammstein song? (If it is actually Links pick another haha)

You've mentioned you do like Megadeth, fave album in your opinion...

really don't have guilty pleasures, if I like it I like it and I'm not ashamed of anything ;)

Highway to hell! :pac:

Maybe this:

Rust in Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

guitar. and I'd love to be able to play the piano :)

St. Anger!

haha, no. :p but seriously, Blind Guardian's A Night At The Opera. it's maybe my fave of theirs but I don't think as many people like it compared to their older albums.

This is a great answer! You're right it is a class album. I'm a big fan of it myself and I agree it's overlooked a bit. But I wouldn't have noticed had you not pointed it out :D

• Advertisement

awesome! :D

you know, I was prepared for a few more interesting or probing questions. like me being transgender and all, how do rockers and metalheads react to that? the answer being, they're some of the coolest people on the planet about it ;)

you know, I was prepared for a few more interesting or probing questions. like me being transgender and all, how do rockers and metalheads react to that? the answer being, they're some of the coolest people on the planet about it ;)

In the OP there's a line about questions not being too personal and i think most have stuck by that. Appreciate the candour though,and sure we all know that metalheads are some of the most open minded and coolest people on the planet.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

metalheads are some of the most open minded and coolest people on the planet.:)

39238675.png

:D

and sure we all know that metalheads are some of the most open minded and coolest people on the planet*.:)

And it'd be difficult to find a question relevant to the transgender issue and the tenets of this segment outside of Mina Caputo's story, and I never cared much about Life of Agony to ask anyone anything about them. Whitfield Crane sang for them for a while.....from Ugly Kid Joe.....that song in that film......ah back on topic with some deeply probing questions - which do you prefer, 'Wayne's World' or 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure'?

* except Slayer fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What's your favourite type of cheese?

Wayne's World! :D

And I don't really eat cheese, lactose intollerant :) don't really like cheese in the first place anyway

Anymore questions for Links234?

I'd imagine where your username came from is fairly obvious but do you regret it or ever want to change it?

I'd imagine where your username came from is fairly obvious but do you regret it or ever want to change it?
    No, I don't regret it. maybe I would like to change it in the future? but dunno what to. right now I'm fine with it ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks a million to Links234 for answering the questions,the next up "In The Pit" is TheStickyBandit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement