Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #39 - Shreddingblood

Options
  • 05-09-2012 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the latest In The Pit. The next victim volunteer on the list is Shreddingblood.

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

If you would like to take part in this and you're not already on the list, please post here and I'll add you to the queue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?
    Where did your username come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

First album you ever bought?

What was your gateway band into heavy music?

Any gigs coming up you're looking forward to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

- What was the first concert, you visited?
    - Which would be your favorite Irish band?
    - Have you got any crush on a musician?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Cill94 wrote: »
    First album you ever bought?

Burn My Eyes by Machine Head. It's still one of my favourite albums.

What was your gateway band into heavy music?

I think it was Iron Maiden. I was a huge Iron Maiden fan as a wee lad.
    Any gigs coming up you're looking forward to?
    Kerbdog in December. They're playing all of On The Turn. I might check out Anthrax as well. That last album was a monster.

Malice wrote: »
    What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    Guitars. I was mesmerised by guitarists who could sweep pick and do mad solos when I was younger. I still am. It's funny because i play a lot of Math metal now so the whole soloing thing went out the window.
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?

I was on boards. I like metal. I put two and two together.
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?

I don't really post here that often to be honest. However, I do like the thread where you rate what other people are listening to. Discovered some good music through that thread.
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    I'm an amateur radio host, an amateur producer, an amateur blogger(I'll hopefully be getting paid for that soon) an amateur tennis player and an amateur comedian.
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?

Rareform by After The Burial. It was the first really heavy album I listened to. I hated death metal style vocals before listening to that album but it really made me more open mided. Funnily enough, it made me more open to other genres as well. The opener Bererker blew my mind. It was the first song I listened to where the breakdowns added something to it and weren't there just to fill up time.

Where did your username come from?

My guitar teacher cut his finger during a lesson. "I guess we're shredding blood today!"

• Advertisement

Lars1916 wrote: »
    - What was the first concert, you visited?
    The first proper one was Iron Maiden and Trivium in the ambassador (RIP) in 2005. The stage turned into a tank It was awesome!
    - Which would be your favorite Irish band?
    Mike Got Spiked. Extremely underrated band.
    - Have you got any crush on a musician?
    Cristina Scabbia, 'nuff said ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

What genres of music do you like outside of rock/metal?

Do you play any instruments? And what instrument would you love to instantly be able to pick up and play?

Any albums by well known bands that you feel are underrated?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out in 2011-2012?
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal (dead or alive), who would they be?
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig (limited to 5 bands)?
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    What genres of music do you like outside of rock/metal?
    Pretty much everything. Rap, country, reggae, 80s and 90s pop, dance music, Irish.
    Do you play any instruments? And what instrument would you love to instantly be able to pick up and play?
    I play guitar. I'd love to able to play drums.
    Any albums by well known bands that you feel are underrated?

Youthanasia by Megadeth, People rave about Peace Sells and Rust In Piece but some of their best songs are on this album. I also liked United Abominations.

Digimortal by Fear Factory.

Kezia by Protest the Hero is a fine concept album that people write off because of the vocals. The lyrics are awesome. If you don't give it a listen, give it a read.

Denny M wrote: »
    What has been your favourite album out in 2011-2012?
    Scurrilous by Protest The Hero. Noticing a trend?
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    Jared Leto from 30 Seconds To Mars. Awful actor, awful band.

Band: Avenged Sevenfold
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    Nein 11 and You laugh you lose mostly.
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    Metal. Progressive metal.
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal (dead or alive), who would they be?
    Lemmy, If I could keep up. Arif Miradolbaghi for some intellectual conversation. Dave Mustaine just to see what's going on inside that strange head of his. Rob Halford and Misha Mansoor.
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig (limited to 5 bands)?
    Sikth, Protest The Hero, QOTSA, Down, Incubus.
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    Megadeth. Anthrax are a close second.
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?
    Unseen by The Haunted. Versus was so good and then they release that crap. Also, the last Taproot album was terrble as well and I loved Plead The Fifth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

If you were to hang out with four famous folks from the rock/metal scene(dead or alive) who would you hang out with and where?

(not sure this was asked yet)Which gig have you been to that has been your favourite and why?

Elrollo wrote: »
    If you were to hang out with four famous folks from the rock/metal scene(dead or alive) who would you hang out with and where?
    Already been asked but I'd love to give Lars Ulrich a game of tennis.
    Elrollo wrote: »
    (not sure this was asked yet)Which gig have you been to that has been your favourite and why?
    Machine Head, Hatebreed, Bleeding Through, Man Must Die in the Olympia.

Great atmosphere in the pit. I was wrecked after Hatebreed. Not really a big Hatebreed fan but they put on an incredible show. Seeing Machine Head play Bay of Pigs live was the highlight. The only let down was they finished with a really slow song. i think it was The Burning Red. Complete anti-climax. Stayed in the smoking area for Bleeding Through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Any album/band you like you usually wouldn't admit?(eg a guilty pleasure)

Unfortunately you've died today what track is playing at your funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What's your favourite type of Cheese?

scudzilla wrote: »
    What's your favourite type of Cheese?

Either Cranberry Wensleydale or Brie

Any album/band you like you usually wouldn't admit?(eg a guilty pleasure)

Oh loads. I'm a huge Nu metal fan but if I had to single out one band that I'm not proud of liking it has to be Limp Bizkit. The rhymes are weak and empty. Fred Durst can't rap at all but it's good ol' stupid american fun. I loved their last album as well.

Unfortunately you've died today what track is playing at your funeral?

That's an easy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭few

I play guitar. I'd love to able to play drums.

Who's your favourite drummer?

few wrote: »
    Who's your favourite drummer?

Brann Dailor from Mastodon. Not only can he play really well he has a really good voice as well. How does he do both at the same time so well?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Do you have a preferred type of album art? Can you give some examples?

xerces wrote: »
    Do you have a preferred type of album art? Can you give some examples?

I don't think so although some of the 3d Tool ones are really cool. I'll link some of my favourites.

asiwyfa_st.jpg

protest3.jpg

The%20Contortionist%20-%20Exoplanet%20%282010%29.jpg

29-42aea445-August_Burns_Red_-_Constellations_%5BF%5D.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Who's the most famous musician you've met?
    Who do you think is the biggest idiot in metal and why?
    Who would be your favourite metal babe?
    Do you dress like a metalhead?
    What was the last album that you bought?
    Any sub-genre within metal that you just cannot stand?
    What was your favourite gig this year?
    Any upcoming gigs you're looking forward to?
    Do you keep up to date with the Irish rock/metal scene and, if so, any bands we should watch ut for?
    Could you name your all-time favourite band?
    What is your favourite aspect of the rock/metal scene and, conversely, what is your least favourite?
    Is there a rock/metal band out there with loads of fans that you just don't get?
    What in your opinion is the best debut album of all time
    If you could erase one band from existence, who would it be?

Who's the most famous musician you've met?
    I met Trivium. Really nice guys, to be fair even if you don't like the music. I met Randy Blythe from Lamb of God as well. He was quiet and cranky.
    Who do you think is the biggest idiot in metal and why?
    At the moment probably Dave Mustaine after his recent Obama conspiracies.
    Who would be your favourite metal babe?
    Cristina Scabbia
    Do you dress like a metalhead?
    I did when I was younger. I'd still wear a band t shirt occassionally but most of the time you wouldn't guess that I'm a metalhead from the way I dress.
    What was the last album that you bought?
    Periphery II: This Time It's Personal. You've got to respect a metal band that gets ahead of Adele on the US itunes charts.
    Any sub-genre within metal that you just cannot stand?
    This new post hardcore sh1te.
    What was your favourite gig this year?
    Honestly, I saw the Rubberbandits play at some awful indie festival in Dublin that I won tickets to and they were amazing. I was a fan way before they got the RTE show though.

Metal: Protest the Hero in Whelans. The sound quality was ridiculous. Almost album quality. Also, I discovered this awesome instrumental post rock band called Long Distance Calling. They're great, check them out.

Any upcoming gigs you're looking forward to?
    Raging i missed out on anthrax but I can't wait for Kerbdog in the Academy. They're playing On the Turn from start to finish.
    Do you keep up to date with the Irish rock/metal scene and, if so, any bands we should watch ut for?
    I don't really but a couple of local bands that have been doing pretty well are Dead Label and Red Enemy.
    Could you name your all-time favourite band?
    Protest The Hero. Queens of the Stone Age are a close second.
    What is your favourite aspect of the rock/metal scene and, conversely, what is your least favourite?
    Favourite part is the comaraderie. It's a bit like the GAA culture in that when you meet someone you can always just let the conversation go back to metal. Least favourite is there are a lot of idiots about which you'll get in any scene really.
    Is there a rock/metal band out there with loads of fans that you just don't get?
    Nirvana, they weren't that good.
    What in your opinion is the best debut album of all time
    Kezia by Protest The Hero. The term Magnum Opus comes to mind.
    If you could erase one band from existence, who would it be?
    30 Seconds To Mars but to be more specific, just Jared Leto.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

...Also, I discovered this awesome instrumental post rock band called Long Distance Calling. They're great, check them out.

Wow! They are f**king amazing. Nice find.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Thanks to everyone who posted questions. The next In The Pit installment is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement