Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭championc

hallo dare wrote: »
    excellent,thanks very much for your reply.
    do I need 2 cccams subscriptions for the record feature or will the one suffice?,just asking cos I heard you need two. thanks

One

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

championc wrote: »
    One
    37 pages and I don't think that was mentioned once.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

37 pages and I don't think that was mentioned once.:confused:

And why do you think that is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

What usb HDD would you recommend to record stuff onto?

Do you use the same one in the rooting process to enigma2?

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    And why do you think that is?
    I had to type that all out.:(:pac: Yea, I know this but I didn't know the box wouldn't record anything without one. Thought it would record the terrestial, freesat ones.

Or am I reading it wrong and it will?

• Advertisement

I had to type that all out.:(:pac: Yea, I know this but I didn't know the box wouldn't record anything without one. Thought it would record the terrestial, freesat ones.

Or am I reading it wrong and it will?

Don't be daft, these channels are free, course it will

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

Brandaan wrote: »
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 148f:5370

So guessing it's Ralink 5370 which I enabled on HDMU center settings. Now have an option to connect but the network wizard crashes... do I need to get something extra?

Yes AR-P image, where the wizard works just fine :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I had to backup and reflash my enigma image today as the box has suffered a couple of random freezes over the weekend,requiring hard reboots. Also, I'm recording to a 32GB Corsair Survivor GTR at the moment and have noticed that the recordings have been getting worse with picture breakup and freezing. I've just ordered a 1TB Samsung M3 USB3 external hdd in a bid to alleviate this issue.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Don't be daft, these channels are free, course it will
    Yea, I am. Read whole Thread in two nights with no box so I suppose it's all a bit jumbled.

hallo dare wrote: »
    excellent,thanks very much for your reply.
    do I need 2 cccams subscriptions for the record feature or will the one suffice?,just asking cos I heard you need two. thanks

I thought that this was dependant on the image being used? Some will only record 2 encrypted channels providing they are both on the same transponder?

• Advertisement

Nforce wrote: »
    I thought that this was dependant on the image being used? Some will only record 2 encrypted channels providing they are both on the same transponder?

One sat tuner one channel or 2 on the same transponder.
    Cam subscribtions count depends on your cam provider, as request ratio while decoding 2 channels is bigger, so you might get banned for that, as this way you can get a subscription and cascade it and share among few people.

Nforce wrote: »

It's got nothing to do with that, the box has 2 satellite tuners therefore it can use 2 different transponders. It's up the line provider to support the 2x tuners on one line

Thanks for that. I must give it a try later.

cool_cat wrote: »
    Thank you - looking forward to that! Will you let us know when it's available, or will we be able to tell by the version on the download list? Thanks again.

I'll try push them to the feed, however removing OpenWebIf will be a manual step in a telnet console

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Isn't using webinterface breaking the license ?

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Isn't using webinterface breaking the license ?

can you be more specific?
    here is the source from the oe-aliance https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/tree/master/webinterface/src

Can i connect and tether the wifi hotspot off my phone on it for the internet throught the USB lead?

As per the license

"Alternatively, this plugin may be distributed and executed on hardware which
    is licensed by Dream Multimedia GmbH."

This was the reason that OpenWebif was developed because Webinterface is licensed to be used on hardware licenced by DMM only ... caused a bit of a kick fest at the time ... i would advise being careful using webinterface and not advertise the fact its being used on non DMM products, certainly wouldn't stick it on any feed

Can i connect and tether the wifi hotspot off my phone on it for the internet throught the USB lead?

How different is from connecting the box to a wifi router? regarding tethering ask you mobile provider.

zakalibit wrote: »
    How different is from connecting the box to a wifi router? regarding tethering ask you mobile provider.
    I don't think it would be that different, i have my box ordered and was wondering if anyone else has done it.

I'm with three and have an unlimited data package. I asked them about the tethering and a customer representative told me that they are not allowed advise people that they can use their mobiles to set up wifi hotspots as they are trying to sell dongles.

It's part of the t's and c's that the device cannot be used for it, but there is nothing they can do it seems to stop it. It's fairly interesting that little fact.

• Advertisement

As per the license

"Alternatively, this plugin may be distributed and executed on hardware which

This was the reason that OpenWebif was developed because Webinterface is licensed to be used on hardware licenced by DMM only ... caused a bit of a kick fest at the time ... i would advise being careful using webinterface and not advertise the fact its being used on non DMM products, certainly wouldn't stick it on any feed

here is the full text:
    All Files of this Software are licensed under the Creative Commons
    Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
    License if not stated otherwise in a files head. To view a copy of this license, visit
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative
    Commons, 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, California 94305, USA.

Alternatively, this plugin may be distributed and executed on hardware which
    is licensed by Dream Multimedia GmbH.

This plugin is NOT free software. It is open source, you are allowed to
    modify it (if you keep the license), but it may not be commercially
    distributed other than under the conditions noted above.

As an exception regarding Modifcations, you are NOT permitted to remove
    any geniune checks implemented in this Software or change them for means of disabling
    or working around the genuine checks, unless the change has been explicitly permitted
    by the original Author(s).

So the licence is "Creative Commons" for noncommercial use, or if commercial "Alternatively, this plugin may be distributed and executed on hardware which

So we have changed it just to make it run on sh4 and we do not distribute it comercialy:
    This plugin is NOT free software. It is open source, you are allowed to
    modify it (if you keep the license), but it may not be commercially
    distributed other than under the conditions noted above.

Did I miss something?

I don't dispute what is written in the license but

'As an exception regarding Modifcations, you are NOT permitted to remove
    any geniune checks implemented in this Software or change them for means of disabling
    or working around the genuine checks, unless the change has been explicitly permitted
    by the original Author(s). '

This also related to certain locks put in place to ensure this plugin was locked to DMM hardware only.

Can't say i agree with this but it might b e worth taking it up with Dr Best (the plugin creator) on the DMM forum.
    or have a read here
    http://openpli.org/forums/topic/19131-you-are-violating-the-license-of-my-plugins/?hl=webinterface#entry209954

Maybe he's had a change of heart ...

I don't dispute what is written in the license but

'As an exception regarding Modifcations, you are NOT permitted to remove
    by the original Author(s). '

This also related to certain locks put in place to ensure this plugin was locked to DMM hardware only.

Can't say i agree with this but it might b e worth taking it up with Dr Best (the plugin creator) on the DMM forum.
    or have a read here
    http://openpli.org/forums/topic/19131-you-are-violating-the-license-of-my-plugins/?hl=webinterface#entry209954

Maybe he's had a change of heart ...

If you have a moral issue, you can stay away from it

I don't have a moral issue, merely stating the circumstance.
    I have no problem with someone using the plugin ... but putting it onto an addons feed could have implications for that team ... and where would we be if there are no teams producing firmware. Were would we be if Enigma2 was locked to DMM hardware only, were would we be if Enigma3 was locked to certain hardware ....

Think of the bigger picture .... if you want to help then get involved with fixing any outstanding issues on OpenWebif. This is a great bit of software developed because of the licensing issues surrounding Webinterface... sometimes its nice to give than just take.

I've spent many months/years doing software in the satellite hobby field for the gain of everyone ... always been open source for anyone to do anything that want to it ... but at the same time you have to respect other peoples wishes otherwise this hobby will be going down a route i do not wish to see .... its already happening and we will be seeing the results of this over the course of time. Not going to go any further into that as it breaches the rules here.

The licence is contradictory from my point of view, at the start it says that you can modify and use if non commercial, then it says that you cannot, as without removing those checks you cannot run it on other boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

What are the best web apps?
    A lot of them seem to be full of German channel and/or dead links.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

zakalibit wrote: »
    Yes AR-P image, where the wizard works just fine :)))

What are the advantages of AR-P?

Brandaan wrote: »
    What are the advantages of AR-P?

Stability with no reboots :)

At least, this is my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

I don't have a moral issue, merely stating the circumstance.
    I have no problem with someone using the plugin ... but putting it onto an addons feed could have implications for that team ... a

It is already in the feed, just a different version, which no longer works, so I'm sure the team wouldn't mind getting it fixed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

phobia2011 wrote: »
    after mounting hdd, saying no hdd found or hdd not initialized

this might help, dutch to me!

Allocating group tables: done
    Writing inode tables: done
    Creating journal (32768 blocks): done
    Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

dhcppc2:~# cd /autofs/sda1
    dhcppc2:/autofs/sda1# mkdir movie
    dhcppc2:/autofs/sda1# iting inode tables: done
    -sh: iting: not found
    dhcppc2:/autofs/sda1# Creating journal (32768 blocks): done
    -sh: syntax error: unexpected "("
    dhcppc2:/autofs/sda1# Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information:
    done
    -sh: Writing: not found
    dhcppc2:/autofs/sda1#

Try doing it in Spark first, worked for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement