Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #37 - Harvester of Sorrow

Options
  • 16-07-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the latest In The Pit. The next victim volunteer on the list is harvester of sorrow.

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

If you would like to take part in this and you're not already on the list, please post here and I'll add you to the queue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?
    Where did your username come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Woah forgot about this!:pac:
    Ok so lets do it....

I got into metal first when i was about 9/10 and saw the "one" video by Metallica on mtv in a friends house and im hooked ever since!

Found this forum when i joined boards first,after browsing all the different catagories that i had interests in.

If im not rocking out im usually working,playing xbox,or in the gym.....rocking out in the gym with my headphones on that is:p!

Listened to alot of albums over the years,but the one that had the biggest impact on me would have to be Pantera Vulgar Display of Power.....man that opening track "mouth for war"......bam!Still makes me want to start a mosh pit where ever i hear it!!

As for my username........my favourite 'tallica track.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What's your favorite type of Cheese?

scudzilla wrote: »
    What's your favorite type of Cheese?
    :confused:
    Cottage cheese.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out in 2011-2012?
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig?
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Do you play any instruments, and what instrument do you wish you could play?
    What music genres, if any, do you like outside of rock/metal?
    Underrated albums by weel known bands?

Denny M wrote: »
    What has been your favourite album out in 2011-2012?
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    That would have to be Nickelback.......definetly.
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    COD forum Health and Fitness forum and the RRRAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE comics section:pac:.
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    Metal all the time,and under the metal umbrella thrash would be my favourite sub genre.
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?
    Good question!Hetfield,Slash,Phill Lynot,Corey Taylor and Rob Flynn...what a pissup:eek:
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig?
    Something similar to above Hetfield,Flynn,Dave McClain,Cliff Burton.
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    Metallica.
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?
    Death Magnetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Have you ever met any famous rock or metal musicians? If so, who?
    Do you still buy CDs or is it all digital these days? (I know CDs are digital, but you know what I mean...)
    Which album cover would you frame and hang on your wall?
    What was the last band and album to really grab you?
    What was the first gig you went to? What was your favourite gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Are there any Irish metal bands playing today that you like?

Iron Maiden? Yes or No? Feel free to expand :)

Any metal band you used to love but have been steadily disappointed with their last few releases?

Testament? Yes or No? Feel free to expand?

Is there a metal band out there that everyone else seems to like but you don't get or just plain dislike?

Were the 80's the best decade for trash? (the answer is yes by the way :p)

COD - Which is your favourite of the 'new' COD games, MW1, World at War, MW2, BLOPS, MW3?

COD - Will you buy BLOPS 2?

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Do you play any instruments, and what instrument do you wish you could play?
    What music genres, if any, do you like outside of rock/metal?
    Underrated albums by weel known bands?

I (try to) play the guitar,ever since i saw the video for "one",i said to myself "those guys f***in rock,i'm gonna be just like them",i was young at the time:o......so a pursuit began for a esp explorer(i know i know...corny eh!)Couldnt find one so i bought a les paul lookalike from ebay for about a 100 yo yo and learnt the basics from that.Then when i was browsing ebay again sometime later,i hit the jackpot...a ltd explorer,not the custom esp series but,hey close enough....sold!Tought i was the greatest thing since sliced bread when i used to plug it in!Hardly sees any action nowadays,must dust it off sometime!!

I like a bit of hip hop and grunge also.

• Advertisement

blastman wrote: »
    Have you ever met any famous rock or metal musicians? If so, who?
    Do you still buy CDs or is it all digital these days? (I know CDs are digital, but you know what I mean...)
    Which album cover would you frame and hang on your wall?
    What was the last band and album to really grab you?
    What was the first gig you went to? What was your favourite gig?

Never met any famous rock stars:mad:
    Dont buy any cd's all digital nowadys;);)
    Machine Head-The Blackening.
    My first live gig was Metallica in the RDS,back in '08 i think.
    My favourite gig was to see a Metallica cover band in Cork,Metallitia in a pub near north main st.What a night:).Those more intimate gigs in small venues are the best.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Are there any Irish metal bands playing today that you like?

Iron Maiden? Yes or No? Feel free to expand :)

Any metal band you used to love but have been steadily disappointed with their last few releases?

Testament? Yes or No? Feel free to expand?

Is there a metal band out there that everyone else seems to like but you don't get or just plain dislike?

Were the 80's the best decade for trash? (the answer is yes by the way :p)

COD - Which is your favourite of the 'new' COD games, MW1, World at War, MW2, BLOPS, MW3?

COD - Will you buy BLOPS 2?

Yeah,The Answer are farily good.

Iron Maiden?Yes yes yes!Pioneers of metal and still going strong.

That would have to be Metallica,used to love them,keot telling myself before any of their new releases that this is going to be the one,this is going to be back to their roots......:(but...as a matter of fact all it is,is more ****e!I mean Lulu?WTF?

Havent heard Testement,leave it with me,get back to you on that one!

Alot of people seem to like all this new "metal" like A7X or some mad emo sh1t,i dont get it and i dont like it:mad:

The 80's where the best for thrash,look at the "big 4" all formed in the 80's...need i say more.

After playing all the cod titles waw has to be my fav,old school shooter ftw!

Ill buy blops2,but just for the zombies and not the online multiplayer.Cod is dead man!

Ok just listened to Testement....not bad,not bad at all:Dme likey!Now to see if i can "aquire" some of their back catalouge....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Do you listen to music whilst playing te xbox and if so, is there a particular band you choose.

Master of puppets album or black album?

In your opinion, best looking female metalhead ;)

Hey Dave,
    Dont really listen to music while playing,but whenever i play zombies on blops,i try to get all the hidden rocks quickly so i can listen to 115.(the one in kino)

Has to be puppets..Metallica at their peak!

That chick that sings with Lacuna Coil:o2549136959_cristina_scabbia_cs_34_f57pA5qsized_xlarge.jpeg
    Hubba Hubba!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What was the first album you bought?

So harvester of sorrow is your favourite tallica track what comes second?

Any album/band you like you usually wouldn't admit?(eg a guilty pleasure)

Unfortunately you've died today what track is playing at your funeral?

What was the first album you bought?

So harvester of sorrow is your favourite tallica track what comes second?

Any album/band you like you usually wouldn't admit?(eg a guilty pleasure)

Unfortunately you've died today what track is playing at your funeral?

Good questions man!
    My second fav 'tallica track is fight fire with fire,fast and agrresive riff....'kin love it!

Take That:eek:......calm down,calm down...their new stuff had some catchy tunes imo.I wouldnt buy their album,but if they where on the radio i wouldn't turn it off either....that kind of way...if you know what i mean:confused:

The track that would play at my funeral would be Just Breathe-Pearl Jam,just in case anyone was having fun at my funeral:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

If you were to choose five members of any bands to go drinking with who would you choose?(and why)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Take That? Given your newly revealed penchant for them, which Metallica song do you think they'd have the best chance at covering to a degree that wouldn't make you vomit?

And 'Nothing Else Matters' is far too obvious a choice, and would most likely be vomit-inducing anyway.

Who's the most famous musician you've met?
    Who do you think is the biggest idiot in metal and why?
    Who would be your favourite metal babe?
    Do you dress like a metalhead?
    What was the last album that you bought?
    Any sub-genre within metal that you just cannot stand?
    What was your favourite gig this year?
    Any upcoming gigs you're looking forward to?
    Do you keep up to date with the Irish rock/metal scene and, if so, any bands we should watch out for?
    Could you name your all-time favourite band?
    What is your favourite aspect of the rock/metal scene and, conversely, what is your least favourite?
    What in your opinion is the best debut album of all time
    If you could erase one band from existence, who would it be?

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone that posted questions and to harvester of sorrow for answering them. The next installment of In The Pit is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement